“Pretty Good Food”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 45
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Big E! The Big E is the Grand Canyon Premier Steakhouse. Great food -- Great service -- Great atmosphere!! Lunch and dinner daily. Steaks, Seafood, Vegetarian – Come Hungry. Enjoy the 200 sq. ft. Video Wall or dine in the saloon or on the Pet Friendly Patio. Come give us a try, you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The food was pretty good. Really good steak. Service was questionable. We were sat at a table in a side room rather than the main room which was disappointing. (It appeared as if there were empty tables in the main room--and I am not sure why we had to wait as long as we did when there were empty tables.) As soon as we were sat- the waitress asked if we were ready to order and seemed to be irritated that we were not ready. It was clear to me that it was toward the end of the shift and she wanted to rush us through dinner. A bit pricey but not unexpected for a tourist place. Again, the food is pretty good- but the service experience brings it down a bit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,815)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Had dinner here after arriving in town. While everyone was cordial, we were disappointed on several points ... our server greeted us promptly; neither of us ordered an alcoholic beverage - water & coffee were our beverages of choice. We waited a long time for dinner to come... and still no coffee. When dinner finally came we asked about the coffee. Then when our server stopped by to see if everything was okay - and we mentioned coffee - he acted as if it was the first time he knew about it. The food was okay but would have been better if our meals were hot vs warm; our impression was they sat a bit before being delivered; butter didn’t melt when put on the baked potato; rice pilaf & crab cakes were lukewarm at best. Our water was topped off a couple times by pleasant young people.
We know of 2 tables around us that complained - or it appeared so - of wait times for their meals. If meals are delayed, let us know; don’t ignore your patrons!!!
It also seemed if alcoholic beverages were served, our server was more attentive to them, even though their meals were delayed. Not everyone drinks or is willing to pay high liquor prices.
Overall, very disappointing ... especially given the high prices ... and our tip reflected it.

1  Thank DownEast47
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This steakhouse was amazing. We were looking for something good after the Grand Canyon. I had the bacon wrapped filet mignon, I always get it well done, it was the most tender, juicy, delicious steak I have ever had. My son had a full rack of the chipotle honey ribs and loved every bite. The drinks and service were amazing. I also loved the atmosphere. The restaurant had old glass garage doors that served as windows, it was different and interesting. We highly recommend! The only picture I have is of the drink I had.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My husband and I stopped for a small bite to eat, a cold beer and and even caught a final sports event on a close by TV. We had spend the day in the Canyon Park and Big E's was perfect. Not too busy, but busy enough to see people in and out. He had the soup and some fries- really liked them both- hot soup served in a big mug was his favorite. I had the mushroom/cream cheese wontons- loved them (fried, but after walking for 5 hours, I could justify!)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Excellent meal including a superb steak. A bit on the expensive side for us Brits though. Probably a very good eating option in Tusayan.