1,890 results
All reviews grand canyon south rim el tovar gift shop park entrance nice hotel breakfast buffet hotel restaurant indoor pool minute drive third floor fitness center hot tub beds were comfortable coffee maker road trip lobby
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We truly enjoyed our time at this hotel. Check in was a breeze, and the place felt like a welcoming lodge - the decor and hospitality of the staff combined to make a delightful first impression. When we arrived in our room, we were further impressed. The amenities - from the toiletries to the kitchenette/bar to the comfort/decor of the room - were what we would expect from a price point well above what we paid to stay here. After we unpacked, we went down to the bar to eat (restaurant was closed the night we arrived), and were entertained by a gentleman playing the banjo and guitar - which was really fun! The first night, there was an issue with the TV, and the gentleman who came to fix it was friendly and polite, like everyone else at this hotel. It's also conveniently located a short distance from the entrance to the Grand Canyon, which was just the icing on the cake. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank liv2trvl28
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great 15 min drive to the Grand Canyon so the location is perfect.

Rooms are spacious and filled with lots of goodies like k cups, exfoliating sponges, and mouthwash.

Friendly upon check in.

Looks like many rooms have porches I wish I would have opted for a higher floor.

Only flaw is the restaurant gets terrible reviews. We didn’t eat there bc of all the negative press. B

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The property is very beautiful, however, they are lacking in hospitality. Upon arrival, the clerk had a very arrogant attitude and did not make you feel welcome. The bartender was very cranky when we were inquiring about the menu. As a result, we chose to leave the property and eat elsewhere.

Although the rooms were very pretty and offered nice amenities, they had a window at the peak of the vaulted ceiling which was wonderful during the day but not so great at night. There was light in the room 24/7. The beds were not very comfortable and the pillows were really hard.

In a facility of this caliber I would have expected better bedding and a nicer staff. I'm not sure I would choose to stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sk_mcintyre
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

The Grand seems to rely on its proximity to the Grand Canyon to secure bookings rather than any thought to customer care. On arrival we were told out of the blue the Steakhouse was shut which meant only the saloon bar was available to eat in. No reason was given and the length of closure was unknown. The saloon bar menu was very limited and given the size of the hotels seating was hard to find at busy times. Having said that the food was pretty good. Reception staff also appeared generally demotivated, however given the number of incredulous guests to whom they had to break the news about the steakhouse that’s probably understandable. The rooms were fine, nice size and clean, there are black out blinds but you need to search a bit to locate them behind everything else. The other big let down was the pool, being indoor was not an issue but the only place to change was a toilet next door and there were no showers. With outside pools in the sun I can understand this but for the Grand it meant wandering the corridors feeling cold and wet in your costume unless you were willing to use the toilet to change. The bar was nice and the staff fairly welcoming, they certainly had a good variety of beers to choose from. Overall though I’m sure the Grand is no worse than any of the other local establishments who rely on the need to find somewhere close to the Canyon rather than quality and service. One further word of advice, having done an extensive road trip of the South West the gas station in Tusayan is probably the most expensive you’ll come across so I suggest you fill up elsewhere.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sir_Hugoagogo
Reviewed 8 September 2018

I’m a disabled traveler that uses a wheelchair full time. I reserved an accessible room with roll in shower. The room was a roll in but had no shower chair. When chair was delivered to the room, it was too small and hardly safe to sit on. As a result I changed hotels the next day. The ADA rooms are very tight and has too much furniture to get around. It was very uncomfortable. Also the one restaurant for the hotel was closed down without prior notice. It would have been nice to know this before arrival. Or placed on the website. As of today, still not on the website.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple