2,036 results
All reviews south rim imax theater buffet breakfast visitor center gift shop convenient location minute drive beds were comfortable concierge helicopter
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We stayed here one overnight during spring break season to see the Grand Canyon. Was it pricey? Yes. But like any hotel, this is a high demand period of time and can be understood. Other hotels/motels in the area had higher rates. During off peak times of the year I'm sure the price would be considered more reasonable. My family liked the outdoor access, it was easy to get our belongings in and out of the room. We were pleasantly surprised to have an additional living area beyond the bedroom. It was great to have a few areas to relax in after a busy day and we took advantage of the extra space to have take out food in the room. The decor and style added to our road trip fun. We were greeted by a polite staff member, and although we didn't have a lot of time at the property the common areas looked nice. This is a nice motel. The convenience to the Grand Canyon can't be beat.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Ann S, Owner at Grand Canyon Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I was happy to hear that your stay with us was satisfactory and that our staff was polite as we strive to provide good customer service to our guests. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The Grand Canyon Plaza Hotel is easy to find after a long day spent hiking the Grand Canyon. We stayed in one of the suites, as we were traveling as a family of 5. The room was spacious enough for us, as we had two double beds and a pull-out sofa. The front desk staff were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel has a restaurant/lounge, which we did not visit, but it looked inviting. The hotel seemed clean and was comfortable

Room Tip: I'd suggest that you stay in the section of the hotel that has interior entrances for each room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Ann S, General Manager at Grand Canyon Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank for taking the time to review our property. I was happy to hear that your trip to the Grand Canyon was satisfactory as was your stay with us. I always appreciate hearing how friendly and welcoming our staff is during our guests stay. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Relative to all the hotels in The area this is well priced (they are all quite expensive I the area. I think the place is great - clean rooms, nice decor, all amenities in the room one would need. Check in was efficient, staff were responsive - good tips from the concierge with useful coupons for a few things in the area. I’d stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your very positive review. I appreciate that your stay with us comfortable and satisfactory. It's always a positive thing when our staff is complimented on their service to our guests. We look forward to your next trip. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

For nearly $200 a night, it is worst than any of the lower range hotels. The only thing it got going for them is the location. Should have drove further out for nicer hotel at half the price. Customer service was horrible. We had problem with our door to the room, which was outside, pass another door, up the elevator to the back side of the building. Instead of doing saying anything after we trek back to the front desk, they told us to go try again..with children and luggages. There is no hospitality here. Take your money somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Ann S, General Manager at Grand Canyon Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

I was very sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We do strive to provide good customer service to our guests and to make their stay as comfortable as possible. I will be forwarding these comments to our Department Managers so they can review with their staff. Again, my apologies for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Room was immaculate and bed was comfortable, so for that I was very satisfied. But for the price paid, I was surprised at the barebones “motel” feel of the place outside of the actual room. Great location just a few minutes from Grand Canyon National Park south entrance.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was happy to hear that your stay with us was satisfactory and comfortable. We appreciate you mentioning how convenient we are located to the Grand Canyon. Your comments will be forwarded to Department Managers so they can review with our staff.