“Fabulous location with view of ocean and...”
other travellers have booked this property
Dramatic coastline, Whales Tail
Casa Vista Again, The View! & these photos don't do it justice!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Casa Vista
Again, The View! & these photos don't do it justice!
Shared pool with a spectacular view.
Interior with vaulted ceilings, ceiling fan, A/C
Fully equipped kitchenette.
Private porch, lush gardens, killer views.
Lush tropical gardens.
Private porch.
Shared pool.
Bathroom
More tropical gardens along the walk.
Local beaches
Fun at the local waterfalls
Learn to surf!
Zip lining is fun for the whole family.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
happytrav...
PA
““Beautiful location not so wonderful hosts””
Reviewed 9 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

The view is beautiful but had to leave in the middle of my stay. When I arrived was told that "I don't do bags," in other words don't expect any help. I found the attitude surprising, little did I know it was an indicator of what was to follow. Day 2 I realized that the toilet wasn't working right, was told to hold the handle down. Next day asked again for help and was treated as if I was bothering them. Peter used a plunger but it did not fix the problem. I was told "if its an emergency find the other casita and use that toilet." I had not seen the other casita yet and wasn't comfortable trying to find it in the dark. I was left with the plunger. Neither of them once bothered to ask if toilet was working. One morning, I had been up for several hours waiting till they were up so that I could get help with the toilet. At this stage I've been holding my bowels and am very uncomfortable. I was concerned about waking them when they had no consideration for me. The following morning, was again treated with disdain, it was made quite clear that I was disturbing them. I had no choice but to insist that they act to resolve the problem or I would have to leave. At this point it was the 4th day of not being able to relieve myself while at the casita. Several times they insinuated that I or other guests caused the problem. I asked if it was possible that the guests didn't cause the problem? I think there was a preexisting clog. I was not putting any TP in the toilet. They did finally act, got plumber, said it was fixed but was the same as before. On the 5th day they no longer had any running water. I was told to come get a bucket, get water from the pool to flush a toilet that wasn't flushable. On the 6th day, I left. Everyone else I met was wonderful. Dave and Deb West from Costa del Sol Remax were so gracious and welcoming. I got a beautiful 2 bedroom villa with pool for the same price, better view and 3 working toilets! I was so relieved, literally, to no longer be stressed about going to the bathroom! The first 6 days were rough, dealing with the Conners really affected my vacation, I was stressed. But the last 4 days were great. Just FYI, there are a ton of beautiful rentals with similar views. They kept claiming the problems were due to, "this is living in Costa Rica" but the truth is they are not good hosts and have no consideration for their guests. May be ok if you don't have any problems. Also, fine print not known until you rent re: AC, wifi, laundry!! They make it extremely difficult to use the AC at all and did all they could so you wouldn't use it. Even if you did finally manage to close all the small windows surrounding the building, you can only do so from the outside and they charge $15/day extra if you use it during the day. They don't want you to stream wifi as it interferes with their use. Its $5 a load to do laundry. They have not bothered to post their own signs as other rentals have done to help you find their location. They use the signs posted by other villas. The first sign she indicates in directions is the smallest, so small I missed it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view
Liked least: hosts and plumbing
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
18 Jun 2015
To begin with, my statement about carrying bags was not “I don’t do bags” but rather “I’m sorry but I can’t help you carry them because I have a bad back.” However your perception of my words set the tone for your entire stay. For another example, I encouraged you to try streaming a movie & we were very pleased to discover that it worked well for you! Also, we feel it's common sense to read the "fine print" when booking a house in a sparsely populated area of a foreign country. That said, we endeavor to provide great customer service but we are renting a house, we’re not a hotel.
We do our best to provide a clean, well-functioning house for our guests. When this unexpected problem surfaced we did all we could possibly do ourselves to rectify the situation while reaching out to plumbers which are very scarce in this area. We found two, the second of which was able to correct the problem. In the meantime we offered to move you to another small house on our property on which we receive wonderful reviews, but you felt it wasn’t suitable for you. We also offered you use of the bathroom there which apparently you found offensive. At this point there were no other options remaining to us but to await a repair.
Unfortunately, our entire neighborhood lost their water supply due to a pump failure which took a couple days to resolve while we waited for a technician to arrive from San Jose (3 hours away) with the replacement. No fun for anyone but not something we planned. Sometimes these things just happen. Life truly is more challenging here with few services & conveniences and therefore not for those who require them. It IS a jungle out here!
Regarding the comment on the condo being the same price, I happen to know that they normally charge almost double our rates. I'm sure this was an accommodation considering they're trying to sell you real estate! Our realtor did the same for us in the same complex.
We were happy to refund your money as requested. We’re sorry this property didn’t work out better for you but are glad you found a condominium in a complex that was better suited to your needs.
bbjb2015
New York City, New York
“Fabulous location with view of ocean and mountains.”
Reviewed 20 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Totally worth it! We woke up to the sounds of the forest and view of ocean from our bed. We drank our coffee on the porch while listening to the sounds of the monkeys and birds. The place was clean and comfortable and had lovely flowers everywhere. We had a great experience and Want to say how great Diane and Peter were. We recommend staying here to couples who want to escape to paradise. We will be back.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing