My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at the villas rio mar on our first trip down to Costa Rrica. Immediately upon arriving we had a very quick and pleasant checkin experience and were told we could ask them if we needed anything. Walking to our cabana was a very beautiful experience in itself. Lots of neat plants and trees as well as blooming flowers and an iguana brought smiles and assurance to our faces. We had just a standard room but with the beautiful front porch and sitting area one would have thought it to be a suite. We had one big queen size bed for the both of us and it was very clean and welcoming. The bathroom was the perfect size for the two of us and a great big shower with blue tiles and dolphins etched into the walls made for very enjoyable showers.
We threw our stuff down and headed to the bar where we got two very authentic Pina Coladas from the very nice and pretty bartender. She said we could just put it on our rooms. as we headed to the pool like 25 steps away we were very happy with the swim up bar and the poolside service we recieved. Nice big pool lots of shady and sunny spots to lay down in. Food every night was very good as well and a big selection to choose from.
Not wanting to leave but knowing we just couldn't stay put all week we went to the front and found a assortment of tours and adventures that the hotel will gladly book for you. The hotel is just a short walk to the main town of dominical and is very pleasant with the river Baru on the left flowing by and wild animal sounds everywhere. Sometimes we got tired though so we had the front call us a cab and it wqas there usaully in about five minutes. This place is great for relaxation and finding good company along with one of the nicest and most sincere hotel staffs I have ever encountered in my world Traveling.
Have already started planning our nrxt trip here and can't wait to see everyone again. Thank you Villas rio mar and Pura Vida!!
Bryce and Bridget
ps. any bad reviews must be form grumpy old farts or people who don't know how to appreciate the little things
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominical ***Eco-Hotel Resort near Uvita & Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Relax in true nature while enjoying a wide range of amenities! Villas Rio Mar is an internationally recognized 3 Star Eco hotel located in a stunning natural setting; an easy 10 minute walk from the fun and the beach of Dominical. Whether traveling as a couple or with family, Villas Rio Mar offers a wide range of amenities guaranteed to make your holiday worry-free and enjoyable. Our hotel includes 52 rooms and can also host medium-sized groups. Our spacious tropical gardens provide privacy and include many beautiful plants, flowers, and birds, which one can observe from outdoor patio areas located in front of the rooms. One of the best restaurants in the area, El Rancho, is located at Villas Rio Mar. The area offers a wide array of leisure and adventure activities including beautiful beaches, four National Parks, and many other nature & wildlife reserves. A wide range of amenities: spacious tropical gardens, jungle trails, large swimming pool with pool bar, quality restaurant & bar (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks), international sports programming, room service, billiard table, darts, foosball, kids’ play area, mini golf, outside gym, tennis court, tour & transport services, massage, nail studio, and other body treatments. 4 room types to choose from: 48 of the 52 rooms have an outdoor patio area with garden views, rooms with AC & TV available, family-sized rooms available (limited), rooms with kitchenette available, mini-fridge and ceiling fans in every room Great price for an excellent service: professional staff, free wi-fi throughout the hotel, complimentary parking, free rental car drop-off (airport & Villas Rio Mar), group discounts available, seasonal discounts; May>Dec. 15th, book now & pay later! Beautiful, easily accessible, with lots to do: - Stunning natural beauty, gorgeous beaches, and nearby tropical jungle teeming with exotic wildlife - Many beaches, national parks, and adventure tours - Easily accessible from SJO International Airport via newly paved roads (<3 hours) - 10 min. walk to Dominical - 15 min. walk to the beach - Relaxing natural setting - Private and secure Meetings & Events: conference room & event planning services for businesses, weddings & private events ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Villas Rio Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Rio Mar Hotel Dominical
- Hotel Rio Mar
- Rio Mar Hotel
- Villas Rio Mar Costa Rica/Dominical