“Paradise found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Sea Breeze Main House, Pool, and Villa. Solar on Carport and Gardens
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bird's Eye View of Sea Breeze.
Sea Breeze Main House, Pool, and Villa.
Solar on Carport and Gardens
Enter Sea Breeze!
Enjoy the 15 meter infinity pool
Pacific view from infinity pool.
View north to Manuel Antonio National Park
New patio pavilion!
Comfortable poolside dining
Have an espresso by the pool
Very well appointed kitchen
2 futon sleepers for extra guests
Master Bedroom ocean view
Master bath.
Jaccuzzi tub
Awesome View from Villa
Handcrafted bamboo and hardwood furniture
Comfy king bed
Hike in the Nature Reserve
Sea Breeze Casa and Nature Reserve
Sloth and baby
Sunset at Sea Breeze
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cemax1200...
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Paradise found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

From the minute you arrive at the Sea Breeze, you will be amazed at the beauty of this property. Views to die for, and monkeys, toucans, parrots, all over the property.
Now for the owners, Bob and Bea. Two people you will never forget. Bea, is an angel who takes care of injured and homeless animals of all types and her husband, Bob, who takes care of everything to make your vacation perfect.
We have stayed at this property over 7 times and will continue to stay again and again.
If you are looking for a once in a life time vacation, look no further than Sea Breeze.
Perfect for couples or larger families wanting to experience the perfect vacation.
Please come to this property, prepared to be amazed at all Costa Rica and Bob and Bea have to offer.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owners made this vacation perfect!
Liked least: Having to leave-- making reservations for our return, now!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
TexmanScu...
Keller, Texas
“Stay here for a true taste of unspoiled Costa Rica - PS with luxury”
Reviewed 26 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Top 10 Reasons to stay at this rental property.

10. A place to relax. Even though we had flat screen HD TVs in every bedroom and the living area, I think we turned them on 3 times in 10 days. It is so quiet. No cars/trucks, no other people around just the sounds of parrots and toucans and nature - so easy to unwind and really relax on vacation.

9. Location - Dominical is a sleepy beach town and it perfectly situated to get to Quepos or the Osa peninsula to do hiking, rain forest, zip lines or anything in the ocean such as Scuba or whale watching. This is not Cancun with nightlife and traffic. It is a haul to get to the northern attractions such as Arenal or Monteverde.

8. Animals - This property is listed as a nature reserve and it is that. Within 1 hour of waking up we saw toucans, capuchin monkeys, flights of green parrots, giant bull frogs, tons of butterflies, we visited Bea's coati and raccoon, as well as the habitat parrots. The only animal we didn't see on property was a sloth and that's because we didn't hike enough around the 200 acres - I know we would have.

7. Dog Rescue - we love dogs. Bob and Bea have their own pack and they are all friendly and awesome. They come to visit down at the house. Our favorite is Poker - he is like the overseer of the dogs - he checked on us briefly every morning and he did get treats. Just the best.

6. Views - The property is high up on a small mountainside. You will need a 4 wheel drive to get in and out of the property. Personally - I think I could have made the drive in almost any car with a little clearance but if it rains it could be a little slick. Bob reminded us several times in e-mail to get a 4x4. We did and we never had a problem. The views are laughable in a good way. We came in at night so when I got up in the morning, I literally laughed out loud at how amazing the view is. Best ever period.

5. Clean - It is amazing how clean this property is. I was telling Bob that for a Rain Forest Mountain retreat with bugs and jungle trying daily to take over the house - I can't believe how clean everything is. I had trouble finding any dust anywhere in the house. The property and landscaping is immaculate and Bob and Bea use expert help to make this rental so spectacular.

4. Pool - Greatest pool of any house we have stayed in. Blue, cool, views are perfect, deep enough to be cold and shallow enough for younger kids.

3. Amenities - This house has everything period. You can read the description of everything it comes with - which is everything including good WiFi. It is basically set up as 3 separate living areas. There is a guest house (pool house) with King bed and futon. There is a downstairs bedroom with king bed and Futon. There is a Master Bedroom with king bed and futon. There are also 2 futons in the main living area. Each of the 3 living areas has its own TV, fridge, bathrooms etc... The main living area next to the kitchen is not air conditioned but with the fan on you can literally get cold. One night we turned off the air and slept with windows open just listening to the jungle - it was amazing.

2. No people - I asked my son (14 years old) what his favorite thing was about the house and he said "I liked my own private studio downstairs." This property is very private. We like to rent a house, a rental car, buy groceries, and live like a local for a week. This place really let's you do that. For a family of 4-9 this property is perfect to get away from everyone. I hate cruise ships after doing many because of the mass of vacationers - not what I am looking for. Like my son, I just want some privacy to unwind.

1. Bob and Bea. I love that they live behind the property and make themselves available for any need. Bob makes a point of checking in to see how everything is going without being obtrusive and he knows everything about the area for where to go and what to do. Bea is one of the kindest, soft hearted people I have ever met. She is a friend to every animal on the planet and very nice. I will never forget her driving up from the horses below on her 4 wheeler with 4 dogs on the 4 wheeler with her. We were laughing trying to decide how those 4 got the privilege and the others get to run out front barking like a sled team. Such a great memory. They define relationship goals holding hands as they take care of the current property and plan for upgrades and the future of their property.

I was reviewing the areas to rate below and I will make a few comments about things to consider based on unique needs.

* I don't think I would bring young kids here. While the animals are amazing and they would love them - the drop offs are steep and there are lots of terraces, stairs, and things that younger kids might get into. It would be OK - there just might be better properties.

* Same for people with disabilities and older people (like my 80 year old Dad). Having said that I would check with Bob because he can make anything happen.

* For larger group - there are 3 king beds and 5 or 6 futons. So it depends on how your group is set up and who is willing to share a bed.

* As far as pets go - I would check with Bob. I would have brought my Labs in a heart beat if I could because they would have run with the pack and loved it. Bob and Bea love animals - I would check with them first. I'm sure a small dog is fine because we let the big dogs in a little bit.

* I think it's perfect for teens because of the private spaces they can have and the solitude. Depends of course on your teen.

Thanks Bob and Bea for a great vacation.

Liked best: Bob and Bea, animals, views, quiet, private
Liked least: Not being able to move here permanently
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
catiegale...
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Make sure you get a 4X4.....NOT JUST AN ALL-WHEEL DRIVE”
Reviewed 16 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

A sticker on our rental- car said "best 4X4 made vehicle". Actually, our car was an All-Wheel Drive. Make sure you get a 4X4 NOT JUST AN ALL-WHEEL DRIVE, so you don't get stuck in the driveway. Getting in and out of the driveway were very stressful for our family and we all stayed quiet with bated breath to see if we would make it for every trip. Mike only got stuck when the road was a bit slick after it rained.
My husband arrived late at night because his plane was delayed. Bea met him in her ATV to guide him to the home at midnight. This was very appreciated. Bea also graciously picked me up with my four children a day earlier and graciously drove us to the home. I feel that she and Bob go above and beyond to accommodate with arrivals and departures. They are truly eager to help.
The home is absolutely stunning and made with the most luxurious detail. We felt so grateful and privileged to enjoy it. The pool is the nicest one I have ever swum in. We were greeted by monkeys, parakeets, toucans and the resident dogs every morning. My husband wasn't the biggest fan of the dogs as they would bark at us until we either let them in or fed them It is their home after all. I loved the dogs as did my children! We were happy to let them inside. Some were a bit dirty though. The dog-factor depends on personal taste. My daughter loved the horses next to the home and went down to feed them apples each day. One day, Bea gave her and my husband a ride back up the hill. Huge Thank YOU!!!!
There is no air-conditioning in the living room or kitchen which is a bit surprising. The air-conditioning in the downstairs bedroom/apartment was also not working. Well, it was, but it was dripping and we didn't want to ruin the walls, so we left it off. We mentioned this on our first day, but it was left unfixed. I told my husband to fix it, but he has chronic pain and wasn't up for it. So, we had two children share a bed and two children share a futon in the one bedroom that did have air-conditioning. This was a bit crowded. Then, we stayed in the other house (Master Suite). It felt a bit unsafe being in a house away from the children. I read that the house was laid out for 10 people to sleep, but it is not quite that straight-forward. I felt better that we had four kids that were all together in one room and that they had each other. This was a comfort. We were only a few steps away from them in the other house, but not within hearing distance. This was a bit disconcerting; although, after being there for a night it felt safe. I would still get up several times a night to check on them though.
Dominical itself is a lot of hype. It is not a pretty beach (no white sand...no blue water) and not swimmable due to the RipTides. The lifeguard was yelling for us to get out of the water. A friend had to get out because the crocodiles were using the ocean to change rivers due to mating season. Ditto for Baleen National Park. There is quite a bit of Photoshoppiing when it comes to Costa Rican Beaches. We saw a poster of Whale's Tail in a Restaurant...whoa. Not what we saw. We liked Manuel Antonio for swimming and boogie-boarding - nice beach , pretty view and filled with monkeys. But I digress.
The house is very remotely located and Dominical is not much. As Bea told me when she picked us up in Dominical, the house is good to get away from people and she added "I don't like people" ... I am sure she meant this in a candid way, but it gave me a strange vibe that kind of stuck for the time we were together. Although, her love and passion for her rescued animals and her dear husband are more than palpable.
Overall, the two homes are just gorgeous and it was very nice to have our own space (as opposed to being in a hotel). Also, the ocean-view is very pretty. The grounds are landscaped to the max. If you are a gardener, you will absolutely be floored by the plants, flowers and trees. I recommend star-gazing at night, watching the sunset in the evening and getting up early to watch the incredibly intriguing monkeys.
The biggest lesson for me was to be careful of what you read on TripAdvisor. Use other sources as well. I mean this in reference to the town of Dominical and the beach.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Watching the toucans and monkeys and parakeets from the amazing infinity pool.
Liked least: There is no air-conditioning in the main living quarters and one of the bedrooms.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
18 Jul 2016
This review was unexpected and we feel there are a few points that should be addressed. We were very sorry to hear that Mike and Catie had so many issues with their vacation. We welcome input from our guests. It helps us make Sea Breeze better. It is important to Bea and I that all our guests leave Sea Breeze with good memories!

The driveway to Sea Breeze is steep in places and we let people know before we accept a booking that a 4x4 is required. We mention this several times before a guest's arrival. We offered to help them exchange the all-wheel drive car for a 4x4 the next morning. The rental companies are very good about exchanging cars when needed. For whatever reason, they kept the all-wheel drive and had problems for the whole stay. We loaned them our car one day, which we have never done for anyone before.

All 3 master suites have A/C. All of the A/C units were serviced one month before Mike and Catie's arrival. When they told us the unit in the lower level was dripping, we had an employee clean out the drain line. We didn't hear of any further problems until we read the review.We serviced all the A/C units again and every one is working perfectly.

Catie badly misquoted Bea when she said Bea doesn't like people. That couldn't be further from the truth.We have enjoyed hosting Sea Breeze Casa for 10 years and love meeting people from all over the world. We have formed friendships with many guests over the years and continue to stay in touch.
Bea has spent 18 years taking in rescue dogs,horses, and any animal in need. Bea did say that she sometimes finds it easier to relate to animals than humans and I have to agree. That is much different than not liking people. What you see is what you get with animals. People can be unpredictable.
Everyone here does their best to give visitors to Sea Breeze a great experience.

To our future Sea Breeze guests we have some exciting news to share. The property will be closed in Sept/Oct for some new additions. There will be a new covered, dining pavilion on the pool patio that will feature a built-in BBQ and bar. We will also add an outdoor shower and expanded gardens.
Sea Breeze is going Solar! 54 solar panels will provide clean energy to power the houses and pool! Pura Vida!
Susan C
Winsted, Connecticut
“Beyond expectations...”
Reviewed 18 May 2016 for a stay in March 2016

A friend and I spent five days in March, 2016 at Sea Breeze. Bob and Bea made us feel welcome and at home from the moment we arrived. As they showed us around the property, our first impression was "wow!" The two guest houses (one for each of us, making us feel like royalty) are well furnished, have all the amenities one could wish for, and are comfortable and spotless. The property would be suitable for a much larger party than the two of us! All rooms have a view of the mountains, the Pacific Ocean in the distance and the beautifully landscaped grounds. Bob and Bea were genuinely warm, friendly and helpful. ( I would especially heed their advice to rent an all wheel drive vehicle for the somewhat daunting drive up the mountain to the house. But after one trip up and down it became routine.) We enjoyed visiting with the resident dogs, horses and turtles and watching the toucans and other beautiful birds and monkeys. The infinity pool is the best pool ever and if you never left the pool and patio area you would still have an unforgettable vacation. We were fortunate to be invited to tour a wildlife reserve in the Osa Peninsula which is operated by a friend of Bea and Bob. Bea also took us on an ATV ride through the woods, accompanied by many of her 14 dogs. When we had to return home, we felt as if we were saying goodbye to dear friends as well as gracious hosts.
The little town of Dominical is charming and funky--well worth a visit. And beautiful Manuel Antonio National Park is an easy 30 minute drive.

Travelling group: Friends
shawn w
“A Very Special 10 days in Dominical”
Reviewed 29 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Wow.

We recently returned from a 10 day trip to the Dominical area, our first time in CR. We had 5 adults, 4 kids (ages 8-12). We left thinking that we literally picked the perfect rental in all of Costa Rica for our family. The benefits of the rental itself are well documented in previous reviews. Great home, plenty of sleeping options and ability to either be together or get some alone time, even with large group. The new villa suite was great for my wife and I to have privacy, but still very close to main home to keep an eye on the kids. The pool is ridiculously beautiful. Amazing views, monkeys, toucans, hummingbirds, butterflies, and more. Impeccably maintained grounds with lots of flowering plants that give the whole property these wonderful fragrances that vary based on the wind.

But for us what made this a very special vacation was Bob and Bea themselves and the "character" of the property. This is not a cookie-cutter vacation property. This is a unique and special farmstead that just happens to also be an amazing vacation rental in one of the most beautiful settings you can imagine. After we followed Bob up to the property in our rental cars (more on this later) we were greeted by Bea's pack of rescue pups. We do a lot of rescue work back home so this was great for us. All different sizes and shapes and each with their own personality. One dog Tara basically lived with us for the time we were there and the rest of the dogs would come and visit at various times. Very cool. Within the first hour we were there Bea had our kids on the back of a 4 wheeler with her dogs running behind driving down to the horse stable to feed their 8 horses (again rescues), then came back to see the monkeys. Again all in first hour. On our last day we went with Bea and Christopher (one of the local workers on the farm) and took a four wheeler trip down the mountain to a few swimming holes with a bunch of dogs tagging along. You ain't getting that at an all-inclusive resort.

OK some tips on the rental and the area. As stated 4WD is a must. And prepare to be a little overwhelmed on the first drive to the property. But trust me it gets much easier and is just part of the adventure. Suggestion on activities like beaches - get up and get out early. It gets very warm once you get off the mountain and we found it best to get the activities done early and come back in the afternoon to hang by the pool.

Overall amazing experience - 5 stars!

How easy was it to book the property?
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing