“AMAZING!”
other travellers have booked this property
Spectacular view of the Whale's Tail and all the way to the Osa Peninsula.
Enter the reserve and begin the palm-lined drive to Lattice House, surrounded by jungle, facing the spectacular coastline below.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Spectacular view of the Whale's Tail and all the way to the Osa Peninsula.
Enter the reserve and begin the palm-lined drive
to Lattice House, surrounded by jungle, facing the spectacular coastline below.
Lattice House welcomes you day or night to its open, casual, tropical lifestyle.
Enter and feel the unique fusion of Bali modern and Costa Rica natural styles.
After your first gaze at the view, tear yourself away and turn left to the living areas and pool.
Enjoy the media center, the custom Bali furnishings, and the original artwork throughout.
Cook great meals in the fully equipped kitchen or have our on-site chef cater fabulous CR meals.
Dine in or out..
Day...
or night, always with a beautiful view.
Jump in the pool or sit in the covered jacuzzi any time.
Marvel at the changing view throughout the sunny days..
Through the last pink glow of sunset.
Retire to 4 comfortable bedrooms with A/C. The master with outdoor shower and morning birding deck.
And copper soaking tub for two.
Bedroom two (queen) on the main floor with a steel safe closet.
And adjacent full guest bath.
The two lower bedrooms open to a covered patio..
Bedroom 3 (queen). Both bedrooms have ensuite vanities with copper sinks and ocean views.
Bedroom 4 can be made up as 2 twins or a king with a memory foam topper.
They share a full bath with walk-in shower..
And a lounging/exercise patio with another large outdoor shower.
The next day, explore the extensive trails of the reserve
through lush jungle
to waterfalls and swimming holes.
Or just sit on the decks and watch the parade of wildlife....birds
through orchards and landscaped grounds..
the kiskadees who think the infinity pool is theirs...
beautiful tropical tanagers of all types.
monkeys----howlers
and white-face---
and other wildlife (tyra).
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Explorati...
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed 13 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

It's not often I am speechless...but this time I don't even know where to begin! From the first contact with Pat, the owner, this entire experience was effortless! This was our first trip to Costa Rica. We have two boys ages 9 & 11. I was a bit nervous to say the least coming to a foreign country and Central America...but Pat made everything easy, efficient and made us feel secure on every detail. Her manager Ana was also amazing. She arranged for us to be picked up from the airport which was key since the thought of us dealing with a rental car late at night and having a 3 hour drive on roads we are not familiar with was not very comforting. Our driver Mariano was also amazing, kind and so nice to my boys! We felt safe from the moment we arrived! Ana made arrangements for a rental car to be delivered to the property which was a huge benefit and luxury and had made arrangements for a cook to come and make us breakfast for the first morning until we could get to a store. The cook, Allesandra was also amazing. Greeted us with a smile, said hello to the children and then served us breakfast. What a treat and a wonderful way to start our vacation. I didn't have a care in the world!
The property! Just amazing! The road up to the house is when you realized you made the best decision EVER! Each day, we would come through the gate and my boys would roll down the car windows to hear the Monkeys, Toucans and pigs. It was better than any zoo you could go to! The house itself is just perfect! Oh, and the views!!! It was our own personal Jungle Shang-gri-La! We did some excursions (5 of the 10 days we were there), which was the perfect balance since we really wanted to just enjoy the property some days. We did Oso Canapy tour (zip line), Nauyaca Waterfall horseback riding, Alturas Animal rescue and Took a boat ride to Cano Island to snorkel....a MUST!!! I recommend to try and do it all...nothing was more than a 40 min car ride and great day trips. Time to come back to the house to watch the sunset, with a glass of wine and a dip in the pool! If there was a way I could give Lattice House 6 stars I would. In my opinion, there could not have been a better property for us and I would not change ONE thing during our 10 day trip. Just PERFECTION!!

Your age range 35-49
SherryHow...
“The Lattice House was a Costa Rica paradise!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

The Lattice Housd was AMAZING!! The house manager, Ana, was awesome! She arranged us transportation from and back to the San Jose airport for out 2 families, for a total of 8 people (kids ranged from 14-17). She also arranged for us to have rental cars delivered to the house. (This is a must to get around the area and explore! - 4 WD is highly recommended for several places we went to.) the evening of our arrival, she meet us at the house and arranged for us to have dinner prepared (full course meal - and they cook an clean up!) by a local lady named Alexandria! She was amazing and it was very reasonably priced for what we got compared to cooking ourselves or going out to dinner!! Well worth it!! We had her come back 2-3 additional times!! One of the best things we did!!!

Ana showed us the all around the house! It's gorgeous! The master suite was incredible! The other 3 bedrooms are very roomy and comfortable as well! 2 queens and a room with 2 twins! Perfect for our families! All bedrooms were air conditioned! The kitchen wa very nice and well stocked! The pool and back porch area is where we stayed the whole time if we were at the house! Ate most of our meals out there too! The infinity pool was incredible! Everyone loved it! The view to the pacific was amazing and breath taking! Couldn't get over it every morning how beautiful it was!!

The beaches are very close! Just down the driveway and a short distance down towards Uvita! But check out all the local beaches! They are incredible!! The property has several hiking trails and a waterfall and tons of wildlife!! We saw monkeys, birds, and tons of other stuff every morning! Our kids loved doing that more than hanging out at the beach! They loved exploring and hiking to waterfalls! But they loved the beach (whales tail especially) too!

Ana also arranged our 2 excursions. We did horseback riding to Nauyaca Waterfslls!! Along with the horseback riding adventure, we got a light breakfast and lunch!! The price was a bargain for everything we got on this experience! It was amazing!! The other excursion was Osa Canopy Tours! It was incredible! We loved it!! This was by far one of the best vacations we've ever taken!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Vincent K
Denver, Colorado
“This was our second stay at Lattice House.........and we RARELY go back to the same place twice.”
Reviewed 24 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We travel to the tropics one to two times a year and generally try and find new places to explore. Lattice House and the Uvita/Dominical area are the one exception. The house, the grounds, the view, the wildlife and this area of Costa Rica are breathtaking. If you enjoy nature or just want a place to relax this is absolutely the place for you. Pat and Ana are great to work with and they truly want you to have the best vacation of your life. If you're considering Lattice House for your next vacation we highly recommend you book now as you won't be disappointed. We are already trying to decide when we can go there next.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
25 May 2016
Thanks, Vince, for the great review and for coming back to Lattice House. Over 1/3 of the bookings so far this year are from former guests, who love it as much as I do. My husband and I were like you, never going to the same place twice...until we came to this area and fell in love with it. Building Lattice House was a labor of love, and I am so happy that my guests feel a connection to it.
Dustin S
Fenton, Michigan
“So Awesome, So Beautiful, So Perfect!!!!”
Reviewed 11 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

Lattice House was a Dream come True!

Coming up the drive and you have a feeling come over you that you made the right choice in a vacation rental. The long drive of a manicured orchard and estate is so beautiful! When you get to the house and see the Pacific and infinity pool you don’t ever want to leave.

Ana is awesome! There was a security guard during the evening and night, so you always felt safe. The house is beautifully designed with an open air feel. The house is beyond perfect with much wildlife and birds in the area. We kept the windows and doors opened during the “awake” hours and never were bitten by a bug once. The sounds surrounding the Lattice House still echo in my mind as I desire to still hear the crashing of the waves, sounds of the toucans, parrots and howler monkeys are etched beautifully in my mind. You can’t go wrong with the Lattice House. All the reviews are spot on. Our two teenaged kids loved the house and especially the pool. The pool is awesome.

The area is so beautiful and the people are so laid back there with an easy going atmosphere. We never felt nervous at all. The people and lifestyle around the Dominical area are great! Loved, loved, loved this trip and this part of Costa Rica! I’m still in aw!

Thank you Pat for sharing your blessing of a house!!! We hope we can return to this beautiful home and make more everlasting memories some time in the near future, to escape the Winter blahs!!!

Liked best: The House
Liked least: Leaving :(
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Families with young children
13 Apr 2016
Thank you so much for your stay and for this wonderful review. Guests continue to say that the pictures do not do Lattice House justice. You have captured what pictures can't---it is the whole package at once. Not only are you surrounded by the beauty of the ocean, the grounds, and the jungle, but their sounds as well. Before we built this house, my husband and I spent many, many days just sitting and being in this spot. I love it when my guests feel the same magic that we did.
Hotstuff2...
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Awesome!!!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

When I decided our next family vacation would be to Costa Rica, I was torn between choosing Lattice House and one other property. I certainly made the right decision choosing Lattice House. From the beginning, Pat, the owner, was a pleasure to deal with. She was kind and answered all of my questions. She went above and beyond and I truly felt she wanted us to have the best Costa Rica experience we could.
When we arrived, we were in awed by the house and property. It is so beautiful-and I have high standards. The pool, the grounds, the deck, the bedrooms, the kitchen--it is all great. The outdoor shower and bathtub off the master were perfect! You can look out into the jungle and watch the sunset in the evening and listen to the jungle noises. What an awesome way to get clean.
We used Alexandra twice. You won't get a better view in any restaurant, so it was nice to have her cook for us at the house.
It was also very helpful to have Ana, the property manager, available. She booked us a car rental in San Jose and had it delivered to the hotel where we had to stay before we drove to Lattice House. She also booked our zip lining (Hacienda Baru-great!) and our horse-back riding tour. She was very responsive and attentive, but also would leave you alone if you wanted.
Being on a 75 acre nature preserve is also a unique experience. We hiked to the waterfall and were totally alone, swimming in the cool water. This isn't an easy hike, but it is worth it.
I was also worried that we would be too far from the beach. Not the case. In 3 minutes you can be at Hermosa beach. We felt that our stuff was safe there too.
One thing I didn't realize about Costa Rica, is that it is HOT-and I live in Arizona. It was kind of a shock. Thus, it was really nice to have A/C in the bedrooms.
As for the Zika virus scare--I saw a total of about 3 mosquitos our whole time there. We didn't even need bug spray in the jungle. I don't think Zika is really in Costa Rica. Don't let this affect your decision to go to Lattice House and have one of the best vacations ever!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house and location
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
6 Apr 2016
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I am so glad you were so pleased with Lattice House and Costa Rica. I agree with your assessment of the heat in March. It is the most popular month, but for those of us who live in the South, May-September is the time to go to Costa Rica--to escape the heat and, for me, the Texas mosquitos! The afternoon rains (if you are lucky to get them) cool everything off, and the Pacific Ocean breezes and the cool air sliding down the mountain can make the evenings deliciously chilly. The Off Season is a big misnomer--beautiful sunny mornings, gentle afternoon rains or occasionally exciting tropical thunderstorms, cool nights sleeping with the windows open--I think it is the best season.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing