Virgil's Corner Bed & Breakfast
USD 91
Tombstone Monument Ranch(Tombstone)(Great Value!)
USD 99
USD 93
USD 141
Orbitz.com
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn(Tombstone)(Great Value!)
USD 66
USD 118
  • Free Internet
San Jose House(Tombstone)
USD 78
Comfort Inn & Suites(Sierra Vista)(Great Value!)
Larian Motel(Tombstone)
  • Room Service
All reviewsclaw footnice accommodationsfire pitnext morninglocation is excellentbeds were comfortablewalking distancestayed one nightother guestsallen sttwo nightscaretakerhistorytownamenitiesinnstucson
Reviewed 24 October 2017

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights to tour Tombstone and drive to Tucson for further sightseeing. Pros: Great location-about 1 block walk from Allen St and the heart of Tombstone. Our room was quiet, large, clean, and the beds were comfortable. Plenty of parking out front. Nice breakfast every morning. Friendly staff.
Cons: There was 1 armoir with a few hangers for your clothing but no shelving, or chest of drawers for your folded clothes. There was no surface area to put anything so we basically lived out of our suitcases. The bathroom was large-but again, no counter space or shelving to put your toiletries. Claw foot slipper tub was nice to look at but kind of dangerous to get in and out of with wet feet. Our towels were never changed, our beds never made, and our trash never removed in the 3 nights we stayed. I know maid service was available because an envelope was on the small desk reminding us that 'tips are appreciated' (tip envelope was also left on our breakfast table which felt a little strange).

We also were responsible for making sure the front door was locked when we left for the day and when we were in for the night. Unusual responsibility for the guest to take on, but...ok.

Nancy/Nickel was a nice caretaker-very friendly. She was not always reachable when you would call or text but she did return calls in an acceptable amount of time.

Most guests stay overnight while passing through so perhaps our expectations were a bit skewed since we stayed for 3 nights.

All in all a nice place!

Room Tip: There are only 4 rooms at this b&b, I would recommend Wyatt's room (only 1 king bed) but this room has a nice, modern walk in shower.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank KATHLEEN G
Reviewed 23 May 2017

My husband and I made a stop in Tombstone on our way home from a Grand Canyon vacation. We stayed here one night. We liked the history of the place. We were the only people staying here the night we were here, so we had the whole place to ourselves. A man came in the next morning and made us a delicious breakfast. We were not all that impressed with the town of Tombstone as a whole, but I did enjoy visiting the cemetery and seeing all the history there.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 12 April 2017

We only stayed one night so perhaps we didn't get the real "feel" of the place. The location is excellent, walking distance to Alan Street and most attractions. The check-in process was fine, in fact, the caretaker called us to see what time to we were expecting to arrive so she could meet us there. The home is really nice and updated, clean from what we could see. The room was spacious and clean. Each room has it's own A/C and you are able to adjust the temp to whatever is comfy for you. The bathroom was spacious and clean - except for the half-used shampoo! I always bring my own so it wasn't a problem for me, but yuck! The only down fall was the breakfast. The lady handling it was very nice and tried to be accommodating. There were seven guests that day and the breakfast was very sparse. My husband and I could have ate most of it ourselves! When she asked the group if we needed anything else, a few of us asked for more scrambled eggs and bacon. She said she could do the eggs but would have to run to the store for more bacon. We all politely declined. She did bring out more eggs but only enough for two people. There was a pot labeled "decaf" but it was never filled. The the pot with regular coffee was empty the whole time we were there except for breakfast. The Keurig was there with lots of options for tea and coffee but no water so it wasn't much help. We ended up leaving a bit early so we could get a very early lunch/late breakfast before heading out of town. Didn't ask about Wifi and it wasn't mentioned so I don't know if it was available. In fact, not very much was mentioned about the property. There was a fire pit but no details on how to use it. Overall, nice accommodations, nice location but very sad breakfast. Guests shouldn't leave hungry. Not sure I'd stay here again. Price was alittle high also.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2016

We booked Virgil's after having read most of the reviews particularly those mentioning the staff, because, as we all know, the people who manage the day to day operations of any accommodation can make or break your stay there. Upon arrival we were informed by the current hostess? that she had only been there for 3 weeks and that all the previous staff had suddenly resigned leaving the owners to find replacement personnel, perhaps this had some effect on what followed. We were requested to pay up front, which is not unusual, and this was conducted on a mobile phone with the owner who does not reside nearby. Having paid we of course requested a receipt, however, we had to send numerous texts and e-mails to the owner before we received one. It appeared that as soon as we had paid, the owner lost interest, and it was left to the current hostess? to run everything. The actual owner(s) reside in Texas and appear to rely on locally hired staff to run their enterprise. On the welcome blurb it clearly states breakfast was between 06.00 and 0900 daily, but we were 'instructed' that it would be served at 08.00 and apparently it was 'take it or leave it'. the cook did his best, but he had another job to go to. The meal was basic to say the least and the choice was whatever the cook decided not what one would like. There was no de-caffeinated coffee even though we had specifically requested this for health reasons, he had to purchase some locally and on the 2nd day he ran out of orange juice! I had cause to visit the kitchen for some milk and there were very little food supplies there, including such staples as bread, milk etc. On the morning of the second day I asked when the room would be serviced as we were there for 4 days and was told, "Oh, we only do that when you leave". We were shown a nearby laundry room with clean bed linen and towels and invited to 'help ourselves' I make enough beds at home and do not expect to do so at a B&B! This was simply unacceptable and I requested the room serviced a.s.a.p. This was eventually done by the cook's partner who also works full time at another nearby hotel as a maid. The job was poorly done it was not dusted, a dirty bath mat left in situ and the shower not cleaned. It appears to me that the owner needs to spend more time actually running the business instead of resting at home in Texas. Eventually we left a day earlier than we were due to and moved on. There were other areas worthy of complaint, which I photographed but I have not mentioned as I think anyone reading this will get the picture of the circumstances. I will say that the bed was comfortable and the shower superb, but the other failings ruined the experience for us. We have sent an e-mail to the owners recording our complaints an received an unsatisfactory reply. No doubt the owner(s) will wish to offer explanations and rebuttals of my comments but I only speak as I find and feel my comments and observations are justified. I would never return here.

Room Tip: I would not return to these premises
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Weemango
Reviewed 22 October 2016

We stayed her for one night in the room “Morgan & Lou”. We loved the interior of the room, especially the bathroom. All was clean, including the big lounge and dining area, wifi worked well. We were the only guests at this time. The breakfast was nothing special. The B&B is close to Allan Street with the main attractions of Tombstone.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends