“Admirably clean Wienerschnitzel branch”
Review of Wienerschnitzel

Wienerschnitzel
Ranked #295 of 869 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 20 May 2017

So, I went to ASU to return nine borrowed books from the library, deposit some dollar coins that the vending machines gave to me as change, and settle my printing charges ($6.72) at the SSV cashier. I also took the opportunity to take some pictures of the ASU campus during this time when it was not crowded with students. Afterwards, I proceeded to this Wienerschnitzel branch located at the corner of University Drive and McClintock Drive. I made the mistake of not taking the rightmost lane though at McClintock so I had to double back to get here to this branch. I was delightfully surprised at the cleanliness of this branch. I think that the crew exerts extra effort to keep the place tidy. I was also expecting something like an 'A-Frame' building similar to the one I saw in California but this branch was not built like that. This Wienerschnitzel location has ample parking space.

I ordered a chili cheese dog and paid ~$1 extra to upgrade it to a Polish Sausage. The chili cheese dog with the Polish Sausage upgrade tasted just OK.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

Quick place to get hot dogs any way you like them. Reminds me of going there to eat as a kid. Fast friendly service with good dogs!

Reviewed 5 March 2016

Many of you read my reviews and you know that I usually review fine dining or mid range places. But I have been a fan of the DW chili cheese dog since I was in college. So when I found out there was one in Tempe, my husband and I went right over!! Just as delicious as it always was. Occasionally we'll drive all the way from Scottsdale if we have a hankering. And, our advice is, although we know whatever is in these chili dogs is probably frightening -- that's why we don't want to know...We once tried the all beef variety and it was terrible. You have to stick to the original "deal." The service isn't very good and the fries, drinks etc. are sub par. But there is absolutely no substitute for the DW chili dogs. My mouth is watering right now!

Reviewed 11 June 2015

Superb Austrian food, light and crispy schnitzel, great beer, what can you want more???
+ nice owner, service was friendly, food looked and tasted really yummy. beers are great!
- Why is this place not in the capital but here :)

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Good food . quickly survives .The prices are very reasonable. ************************************************