“Yummy, but pricey!”
Review of Culinary Dropout

Culinary Dropout
Reserve with OpenTable
Culinary Dropout is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 787 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Service was great. Food was very good. We did the antipasta option (picked about 12 things) and shared a salad and it was 70$! The asparagus was great and I don't enjoy asparagus, the bread was great and the spanish cheeses, the kale salad was enjoyable. The atmosphere is exciting. We sat outside with a gorgeous breeze. Decorated fun. They have great choices to keep kids and "kids" occupied while they wait for food (cornhole, table tennis, etc.). I would have gotten two orders of the pimiento cheese and almonds. Was not a fan of the strawberries. The deviled eggs were delightful!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew into town for a quick meeting and wanted to go to dinner someplace fun with my daughter....The place was really hopping when we arrived (6:30 on a Thursday evening) but we were promptly seated and well tended to by one of the staff. Everybody seems to strive to ensure their guests are well taken care of. The food was good, the beer was cold, the place was exciting and I will certainly go back when next in town.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first time here. Culinary Dropout is located in a huge building with indoor and outdoor seating. You can make reservations, but who would have thought on a Tuesday night at 7 pm there would still be a 30 minute wait to be seated. The restaurant was alive with lots of activity. Loud music tonight and a really good mix of young and old enjoying their meals. How can you not want to try a place called Culinary Dropout? We got seated quicker than 30 minutes and Wyatt our waiter was right there getting our drink orders and explaining the menu. We were sitting at a round wooden table with really comfortable chairs. The atmosphere is very fun, but loud. What do you expect from a packed restaurant. I could hear my husband so the noise level didn't interfere with our conversation. Dinner OMG, we started with the pretzels and cheese. About 20 soft round pieces of pretzel which just about melted in your mouth. I got the meatloaf which was the best meatloaf I have had in the Phoenix area. My husband had a late lunch and he had the grinder. We really enjoyed ourselves. They do have live music and other events. I definitely want to go back with a whole group of friends. Good food, great services (thanks Wyatt) good times.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The good is excellent as it is at the other fox restaurants in the valley. I will be back to the dropout soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Went for an early lunch and was glad to see how busy the local business was. They deserve to be. The food was great. The appetizer of home made chips and dip were perfect while waiting meals. Had typical lunch fair at the table Salads, Burgers, etc tried a bit of all, all were very good. Atmosphere is steam punk warehouse but it all works very well. I'll be going back.