All reviews arizona mills mall room was clean exercise room would stay here again short drive free shuttle to the airport convenient location pool area business traveler hotel is located each morning coffee maker great room phoenix airport business trip couch joey
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Initially dropped off at the other Springhill (Rio Solado) by our cabbie on accident. The staff had us transferred by hotel shuttle, they were extremely accommodating. I stayed two days on a business trip. Room was clean and quiet, breakfast was good and the staff was very pleasant. No issues at all, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Second floor overlooking the pool was quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Billy M, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tempe at Arizona Mills Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

We want to personally thank you for your positive feedback in regards to our property and the level of customer service we provided throughout your experience.
We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are within the heart of Tempe, AZ.
Thank you once again, and we look forward to seeing you again for your next visit.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Our experience was pretty average. Staff was nice, hotel clean, room felt small & crowded. Nothing to write home about, but not disappointing either. We choose primarily for the location as we had poor experiences at neighboring hotels.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments, and we’re sorry we failed to meet your expectations when it came to having an ample space within the room. We hope you’ll give us another try during your next visit as we are going to undergo a renovation this coming Summer. We look forward to seeing during you next visit and we hope to surpass your expectations.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Great Hotel with an amazing staff. everyone is so hospitable which is awesome . Breakfast was great to, took a bit to get to the food because their was a line but that’s nothing to really complain about everyone was very professional throughout my entire stay . Thank you !

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Dominick C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tempe at Arizona Mills Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear CZavala73,

Thank you for the kind comments about our staff and I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you during your next trip to Tempe.

Once again thank you and have a great day.

Dominick C.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Hotel staff very nice & rooms are clean; however, we did not feel the property was in a good, safe area. We stayed there for MLB Spring Training. Very accessible to freeways. I recommend that you ensure you know where you are going prior to wandering off to look for food, shopping, etc. the property is not far off from what we would consider questionable areas. Definitely not a location that one would walk around area.

Of course this is our assessment of the area and based on our observations during a multiple day stay at the location.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Dominick C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tempe at Arizona Mills Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Hello lynnster2,

I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad our staff was very nice to you and you enjoyed the cleanliness of the room.

Thank you and Happy New Year!!!

Dominick C.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I am a Marriott Lifetime Platinum member so I spend lots of time in hotels. As a result, my reviews tend to be a little extra critical. Keep that in mind

It was a nice enough hotel and the people there were pleasant. It is a pretty convenient location. Be aware that traffic in the area is really bad. Not so much in the morning, but the evening commute back to the hotel was pretty bad. Not the hotel's fault, just the location. All the hotels in the area have the same issue.

So in my room I really just had one issue. The bathroom. There was a rust spot on the bottom near the drain. Not a big deal, but a sign of age and or neglect. But the bigger issue was the bathtub itself. The sides of the tub slope more gradually than other tubs. You cannot stand both feet on the narrow bottom when taking a shower. You're constantly standing on the sloping sides. Plus the curtain hooks are all opened so the inner liner was always falling off he hooks. And the inner liner was too short for the unit. It didn't come down far enough in the front to prevent water from getting behind it and leaking onto the floor.

I have a pet peave as far as the ice buckets go. I want a new liner each day. Most hotels fail to do this. Even though I set the ice bin out with the lid off in plain sight I could not get them to replace the liner. I threw it away after my second night and they never replaced it. Like I said, pet peave.

The breakfast was good and the lobby was nice enough. If they can get the rooms updated I think they would see much better responses.

One last item....the signage is good if you come from the direction of the airport, but coming from the other direction it would be easy to miss the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Dominick C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tempe at Arizona Mills Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Hello Brett A,

I thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey for our hotel and I appreciate your kind words you said about our staff. I do apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay, I will bring them to our staffs attention so we can ensure this is an isolated issue. You will be glad to hear we are in the process of planning a $3 million renovation in May of 2018. If you could also please contact me to let me know which room you were in so I can inspect the tub.

Dominick Cano