Should be a shame!
I was asked by the chain to say what I have liked about my stay.
Not sure what there is to like about this stay.
1. It was a construction site and not a hotel. I cannot recall any notice about it during reservation. Workers stood by my window. I could not open the curtains.
2. Same elevator used for construction and guests
3. breakfast area was covered with black nylon
4. The whole site was totally insecured. ANYONE could enter and get out with no problems at all. Anyone from outside could reach any room they wanted at any hour. There are 3 entrances a) Apache, b) backyard and c) pool. The backyard was open all day with direct access to the stairs. the pool entrance was open at any hour with direct access to the elevator. In both cases you did not have to go through any check.
Unfortunately for me, I had to keep my stay there as my languages damaged and had to be sent for fix. Otherwise, I would have left after the first night.
It was embarrassing to bring anyone to the hotel for a meeting or even morning coffee.
I do have to mention that the only light I could find in this stay was the lady who was responsible for the breakfast. Not sure how she could keep being so positive and lovely in this kind of environment, but she should be rewarded for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New in 2012, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe - University is exquisitely designed in modern styling. With convenient access to I-10, we are within walking distance to Arizona State University as well as the popular Mill Street District featuring a wide variety of shopping and restaurants. Guests will appreciate our close proximity to Tempe Town Lake, Tempe Market Street that has some of the well know names all in walking distance and the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. In addition we are located not to far from many corporate business such as Limelight networks, US Airways headquarters, Microsoft, Rockford Fosgate, Hybrid Designs, Quiktrip Division office, First Solar, and Salt River Project to name a few. Coming to town for Spring training? We are located closely to the ballfields. So the next time you are traveling to Tempe Arizona how about giving the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University a try.We now have a complimentary shuttle that will run our guest to different venues within a certain mile radius of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tempe Arizonia - Asu Hotel Tempe
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tempe Arizonia - Asu
- Comfort Inn At Asu
- Comfort Inn Tempe
- Tempe Comfort Inn