All reviews old town scottsdale front desk great hotel newer hotel asu campus waffles complimentary breakfast clean hotel grand canyon king suite would definitely stay here again convenient location pool area is i highly recommend this hotel comfortable bed rental car shuttle service
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I meet my friend at this hotel to attend the WMPO. He from Ohio and me from WV. The hotel was a good hotel for all we did there. We ordered pizza the first night after the tournament and watched the TV and ate in the dining area. We used the shuttle service from and to the airtrport which was nice.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Stephen F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix / Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Dear James,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had a satisfying stay at our location. We do take pride in our shuttle service, so we are glad that the service worked well for you. Thanks again for taking the time out of your day to give us your feedback, and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Good location, friendly staff, clean rooms, easy check in, easy check out, safe environment, quick eats and overall great place to stay for business. I like the fact that the hotel recognizes me when I arrive, I choose this hotel every time.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Stephen F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix / Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are happy that everything you listed was positive, and that you did not have any notable problems with your stay. We take pride in our work so that we can give the best possible service to customers, especially loyal ones such as yourself. Thanks again for writing this review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

This is the third time we have stayed at this Hampton and in the past have given it a 5.

We walked into our room (417) and I immediately noticed how big and open it was. Then I realized it was a wheelchair accessible room & there was little furniture - only a bed, tv/ desk unit and a desk chair. There was nowhere to sit but the bed. And there was at least 4 feet on either side of the bed to put an arm chair. As we left for dinner I stopped by the front desk & explained the situation & asked for an arm chair. Nothing was brought up. The next morning as we left the day I again stopped by the front desk and asked for an arm chair. When we got back to the room they had put a chair from their conference/seminar room in our room. Seriously? Who wants to sit on that while trying to relax and watch tv?? (I’ve included a picture). The third day I called down to the front desk and asked for an arm chair and they said they would get back to me. Never did. On the 4th day the sales director stopped by our table at breakfast & I told him the situation. He said he would take care of it. When we got up to our room they had brought another conference/seminar chair! I put it out in the hall with a note on it that said “this is not an arm chair” and left for the day. When we got back there were 2 desk chairs which are a little more comfortable than the seminar chairs. My advice is that unless you use a wheelchair do not accept an accessible room unless you like sitting on the floor!

Other than the chair problem the room and bathroom were clean and the king bed comfortable. The breakfast has several choices: eggs, fruit, muffins, pastries, oatmeal, waffles, cereal, coffee, tea and juice.

The employees are nice and friendly. I think sometimes they don’t fully understand their guests’ requests.

The hotel is close to downtown Tempe and old town Scottsdale. There are restaurants and convenience stores within walking distance.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LovesToTravel918
Stephen F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix / Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. On the positive side, we are happy that you are a repeat guest, enjoyed our ideal location once again, and above all, you appreciated the efforts of our dedicated team. However, we are sorry you were not completely satisfied with your experience. We will take what you mentioned to heart as an opportunity for improvement. We should have placed you in a more appropriate room configuration, or at least corrected it once the mistake was made. You deserved better as our guest. Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback, and we apologize again that the experience was not up to yours or our standards. We do hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Beautiful hotel! The room was very clean, and modern. The bathroom was huge. I loved all the floor-to-ceiling mirrors. I chose this hotel because I am a HiltonHonors member, it was close to the airport, shopping, and restaurants. Will definitely stay next time I'm in Phoenix.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Stephen F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix / Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Assia,
Your review made our day! The entire team at the Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix / Tempe is so happy that we were able to offer you an experience worth repeating. Guests often comment on our central location, and our well appointed rooms; we are pleased that you did as well. We are happy that we will have the opportunity to host you yet again in the future!

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Staff- very friendly and will do what it takes to ensure you are satisfied.

Rooms- we had two separate rooms and requested they be adjoining. The request was approved and we checked in to our rooms. Unfortunately during the night we heard a lot of noise from the road that is adjacent to the hotel. The next day, we shared our concern with the front desk and they went out of their way to move us to the other(quiet) end of the hotel. We really appreciated the satisfaction and ease of the move. The only problem with the new rooms was the windows didn't open. We like to have the option for fresh air during our stay. Clean rooms though. Bed was above average.

Good options for breakfast, but it closes down at 10am Sharp! don't be late.

We would recommend this as a great value hotel. Not 5 star, but very good for the cost.

Room Tip: choose room away from street
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Stephen F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix / Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Lisa,
Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant time with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix / Tempe. Indeed, our dedicated staff works hard to offer our guests the best stay possible at a 'high value' price. We certainly appreciate your kind words! Thanks for your review, and we hope you’ll stay with us again in 2018!