“Taste of CHICAGO ”

Portillo's
Ranked #12 of 787 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lived in the Windy City for many years and miss the great food, pizza and Italian Beef. On my recent visit to Tempe discovered one of my CHICAGO favorites, Portillo’s! It brought back many good memories with the sight and smell as I walked in the door. Had to go with my gold standard beef and sausage combo with mozzarella cheese and gardinaire peppers. Dinned in and took another to go. Outstanding! My partner had the beef and cheese croissant. Another must try. If you can’t make it to Chicago, let Chicago come to you at Portillo’s. Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The reality is even better than the reputation. The Italian beef sandwich is the best thing like this I have ever had (with the hot peppers). Staff is outstanding, decor is fun. We will not make a trip to the Phoenix area without a stop at Portillo's!

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve been here a couple times and have had great food and fantastic service both times. Order the ribs and then prepare to dig in. Ours were tender and quite tasty and worth ordering again the next time we’re there. Our waitress was amazing. Brought our little ones crackers and lemonade at no additional charge. Now that’s customer service!

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I love Italian beefs, hot dogs and that double bacon burger with a chocolate cake shake! Or when in season the pumpkin shake! Delicious! Love this place!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

A few of us stopped here on our way to the Phoenix airport. I had the meatball sandwich, others had salad and an Italian beef sandwich. Good food. Nice outdoor patio. Got to watch the bicyclists participating in the iron man. Would recommend a stop if you are near here