See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 January 2017

If you add up a lot of the negative comments from other reviews, I think that would sum up my experience. Because it was raining, a little water was on the floor. So I grabbed some toilet paper to wipe it up. I was shocked at how black the TP became! The floor looked clean so I wet some more TP and wiped a completely different spot...same result...blacker than I've ever seen. After that, I constantly slide around the room on a towel as I didn't trust how dirty the floor was.

Another drawback, one side of this hotel faces a 24/7 convenience store. I informed the desk clerk I was there for the marathon, yet she assigned me a room on that side of the building. So I got to hear booming car stereos at all sorts of hours. The other side of the building had almost no motel guest assigned from what I can tell. My side was full...why? Maybe it is more efficient for housekeeping...maybe? Needless to say, I didn't get a good night's sleep the night before my big run.

After the marathon, I returned around 3PM expecting to see my room already turned over. Nope...they were cleaning rooms a couple doors down, but mine was still untouched. I asked if I could get my cleaned right away and was told I'd have to skip the service if I wanted the room right away. As tired as I was, I had no choice but to wait. I think the worker attitude was pretty poor and not representative of what any reasonable manager would allow.

I was asked "how my stay was" at check out. I informed them of the items above and the desk clerk credited me back 10%. I informed them that I wasn't after a discount, but just felt that they could have done little things to make my stay comfortable. She credited the discount back to my CC....so that was good.

There is lots of parking, but for whatever reason, there was a large moving truck parked across several parking spots. It was like that for the 2 nights I was there. This location is not far from the main action of downtown Tempe...walking distance of just over a mile. Maybe a little far for a summer walk, but the rest of the year, it would be a great way to burn off some of that alcohol you just drank.

So overall, I think management could do some little things and it would bring up the average rating of this facility. They definitely need to put up a sound wall on the east side of the building. Better cleaning is also necessary. Right now, I agree with a lot of the other reviews...the price is high for what you get. I'd stay here again if the price was lower. Another reason I would stay is that the desk clerk didn't even question my concerns and discounted my charge...which means they do care. I hope they fix the issues soon.

Room Tip: Do not take a room on the east side of the building if possible.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

The best part about this place is location and check in, without reservation, in the middle of the night is just as painless as mid afternoon. Cash or card, same price no problem. The room was very clean and smelled good. The upside down ashtray with a no smoking sign on it, in a nonsmoking room would probably keep a blond busy for hours if need be, sort of confusing though if you did not ask if you had a smoking or non smoking room. Like I said not a bad place to stay for a night or two.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Conveniently located near Arizona State University, Tempe with reasonable price. Varieties of restaurants and fast food places are nearby. No place to recycle plastic bottles. Overall a good place stay.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2016

Very approachable and helpful staff, clean rooms and accessible. Close to the grocery stores and the highway as well. Safe and nice feeling to it. Includes free coffee, paid wi-fi, free parking and toileteries.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms to avoid stairs
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

The hotel was very nice. The bed was comfy also. Great water pressure & close to bank, restaurants & a few miles from freeway. The staff is very nice. It's quiet at night. I'll consider staying here in future.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple