“Crowded With Reason”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 October 2017

For our first time in Tempe, we decided to have brunch at Ncounter. It was very busy! We stood in a line that turned out to be where you order coffee and espresso, then figured out the food line is towards the back.

Because every table was taken it was noisy inside. We found a table on the deck under the misters but unfortunately, it was still in the sun. Surprising to us, today it was in the 90s in mid-October! Soon we spied a couple leaving a shady table so off we went. Aawww, instant relief!

It was nice that our cappuccino and Americano coffees were soon delivered in tall cups with lids, steaming hot. The Monte Cristo was huge and the Focaccia Roma-Chicken came with tasty potato chips. Ncounter's menu offered many breakfast, salad, and soup options that looked great.

Overall, a nice brunch for $29 for two.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Very different type of place. You order at the counter then sit and the food is brought to you. We had a few people in front of us but the order is taken pretty quick. The food is fresh and tasty. The line got very long behind us but being a Sunday thats understandable. All in all a great choice and a must stop when in the ASU area.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

My weight trainer suggested we meet there on a Sunday as she had been there previously. So 4 of us (my wife, her fiance) got a table and then went to order (the set up is you order at counter and they bring food and any special or alcoholic drinks to table). Coffee, tea & soft drinks at their own station. And, to make life more coincidental, while waiting, my running coach & her husband show up. So, my separate lives are intersecting (it certainly seemed as if weight training was a bit more intense after they met). Anyhow, I ordered scrambled eggs, potatoes with a side of pancakes. Wife and trainer both ordered one of the half dozen versions of eggs Benedict, Fiance ordered an omelet. Liked my eggs, etc. The toast came with the house jam/jelly (which they also sell by the jar) which I used on one of the 3 large pancakes). Very good. Fiance finished his omelet, half of trainer's EB and 1-1/2 pancakes. Ladies shared the other half. Coffee good. The only food complaint is that after we left (were were there almost 3 hours) both ladies said their eggs were not hot but neither wanted to send back (which is really unlike my wife). That's why rating is 4 dots.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Went for lunch on a Saturday. Got there at a good time and only had about 2 people in front of us. After we ordered the line got a lot longer and snaked through the place - not really enough room for the line. We ordered some salads (the Super Kale and the Urban). Both were just outstanding. I wondered about the mixtures, but upon tasting them, they were perfect.

The smoothies were good and not over-powered by one flavor.

The one improvement could be more room for the line...

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I enjoy people watching and this turned out to be a place where one can not only people watch, but also get some good breakfast foods. I ordered the granola, fruit and yogurt dish for like $9.00. It wasn't bad. The wait wasn't all that long and while we waited we just watched people come in and go out. Very interesting clientele and the servers were good too. It's really a hopping place.