Windmill Suites in Surprise
  • Pool
USD 111*
USD 106*
USD 79*
All reviewsfront deskliving roomgreen carpetsun city westbell roadprint out our boarding passeslibrary of booksphoenix metro areawafflesbreakfast roomice watertwo sinksstay there againpool and hot tubsausagespring traininggreat place to stay
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My elderly parents live in Sun City West and the Windmill bacame a home away from home for me when visiting and caring for my mother while she battled lung cancer. My 2 week stay in March was to get my mom out of Hospice and back into to her home as per her request : ) I got her healthy enough to do just that! Then, I would tend to, read to and care for my mother from dawn until well after dusk, only returning to my suite at the Windmill in the late evenings. The comfy beds, welcoming staff and peace & quiet helped shore me up to do it all again the next day. I returned in May, for my mother's passing and the staff could not have been more caring!! They went out of their way to lend an ear, give words of comfort and made sure to save me chocolate chip cookies in the afternoons : )

Room Tip: Normally I would not stay in a second floor room because I would be worried about having noise from above and below, however, I did stay on the 2nd floor for both visits and it was never a problem : )
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank FoxTravels
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thank you for your kind review!

Please accept our sincere condolences. We are pleased you enjoyed the peace and quiet of your suite and that our staff members brought some comfort to you.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Stayed 2 nights on our way to California & it was so nice, we stayed one more night on our way back! Great staff, beautiful courtyard with pool and the rooms were large and very comfortable. We will stay there again! Happy from Indiana

Room Tip: Rooms with the view of the courtyard are expecially nice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Happy from Indiana,

We are pleased to know you had a “Wonderful Stay!!”

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for returning on your way back from California.

We look forward to seeing you again on a future visit!

Reviewed 26 May 2012

The Windmill Suites, just across the street from Sun City West,AZ has been a haven for those of us who visit elderly relatives in Arizona. The facility is spaceous, very clean, has a wonderful pool where hummingbirds flit and sip water from a fountain. The rooms are large, with a king bed, and a sliding door which sets apart a large sitting area with desk and small kitchen. Each area has a television. It is very comfortable for families, or for multiple generations who are staying together. The included breakfast is generous with eggs, fruit, make your own waffles, as well as cereal and breads.
The staff is quietly at work 24 hours per day. They fill the complimentary lemon water jar, wash outside windows, and quietly work themselves down the halls in cleaning the rooms which are always spotless. The pool is cleaned every morning with pride!
We look forward to our visit at least once a year, and sometimes more. It is a quality, consistent, and convenient haven, a home away from home, when visiting relatives in the area.
The value is incomparable! Check it out!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pool for a great view. They do take animals, so if you don't want to hear Rover bark, be sure to ask to be situated away from the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for your detailed positive review of the Windmill Suites in Surprise.

We are glad to read we are your home away from home and the amenities we offer are appreciated.

Our customers are the only reason we exist and we are pleased to know you and your family members continue to be loyal Windmill Inn guests.

We will recognize our team members for their hospitality.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 May 2012

I was a little hesitant since it was at the low end price wise for a suite, but it was great. Very helpful staff. Super clean. Very adequate breakfast. It's not a brand new location, but it is perfectly maintained. Pretty location with a lake, courtyard with a fountain and a nice pool and whirlpool. Be sure to bring your frequest flyer numbers since you get 500 miles on USAir or Alaske airlines if you stay two nights.

Room Tip: We had the lowest priced suite and it was great. You can get them facing the courtyard and pool. It's pretty quiet there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your delightful comments regarding your stay and our staff!

We take pride in the care and cleanliness of our properties and appreciate your acknowledgement.

Thank you mentioning our airline mileage program. We do extend 500 airline miles of your chose of US Airways or Alaska Airlines to our guests that stay two or more consecutive nights.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 18 May 2012

We were really pleased with our stay here. The staff was very courteous and genuinely cared about our satisfaction. The rooms were well laid out and the facility was planned out so that it didn't require much walking to get to your car, ice, front lobby, etc. I loved having a kitchenette ( fridge, sink, microwave, and coffee maker) and pull-out sofa bed in our suite. No other location offered these features for under $100. The master bed had sliding doors and there were 2 entries to the bathroom (from living area and private bedroom).The room was very clean and I felt comfortable letting my 9 month old crawl around. As you enter the building near your room, they offer coffee, tea, and iced lemon water. You can grab some sugar and half and half at this station and brew your own coffee in the morning. They also have hot water available if you are serious about your coffee and bring Starbucks Vias. ;) Finally we were so pleased with the continental breakfast! Usually we pass on this amenity elsewhere because it's a joke. At the Windmill Suites it was very impressive: make your own belgian waffles, oatmeal, cereal, eggs and sausage (english muffins and a trip through the toaster and you have a breakfast sandwich!), danishes, bagels, 4 choices of juice, milk, yogurt, fresh fruit. I'm sure I'm missing something because their were tons of options. Needless to say their breakfast saved us at least $20 and an hour of our time. Crucial because we were on a budget and wanted to get out of town before it got too hot. If we ever go to the Phoenix area again, this will be were we stay. Period.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with the king sized bed, the couches pull out into beds for the kiddos.
1  Thank Tyncamsma
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

“Doesn’t Get Better at This Price!” We appreciate your detailed review of our Windmill Suites in Surprise!

Our team members will be recognized for their friendly hospitality. We are happy to know the layout of our suite accommodated your needs and you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer!

We are also happy to read you were pleased with our breakfast and the cleanliness of our property.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back during your future travels to the Phoenix area.

John Cauvin