“Nice neighborhood par 3 walking course”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sun Village Golf Course
Reviewed 5 April 2018

If you want to get your irons practice in, this is the place. Located in the Sun Village adult housing community. It is gated so the guard will take your info. This is a par 3 only, walking course. They do have a small clubhouse and do offer walking pull carts. Pro shop people are very friendly. Price is reasonable. Pleasant community you walk thru out. Some holes are closer to homes and does give you a challenge for a straight shot. And yes a few water holes too. Nice day to take a leisure golf walk and get a short practice round in. They also have a restaurant you can head to for cheap grub. They have a patio that you can enjoy a meal and overlooks the community pool. Call them to check for tee times, busy time of year now. Short course you will be done fairly quick.

All reviews
"carts"
in 3 reviews
"hole"

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful par three course. The fairways and greens are in great shape. Greens are very slow so don’t expect to improve your putting at your home course which undoubtedly has faster greens. It is a great venue to practice your short irons. The longest hole, from the blue back tees is 165 yards. Green fees for non residents is only $18.00. It will only take 2 1/2 hours to play. I plan to play it frequently to improve my iron shots.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

The food was good and the service was good, but the last time I was there the service was too slow for a big group. Food was good

1  Thank CaroleB1375
Reviewed 11 May 2016

We golfed a number of places in the Pheonix areas and this place was great so we went back again! The course is challenging enough for the guys and fun for the ladies. The staff was the most accommodating of all the places we visited. The coyotes on the course we're a surprise for us northerners but they just sat in the shade and watched. We will go back again next year.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 March 2016

...and I wish I hadn't tried the restaurant.

Okay, this is the deal: We went as part of a large group for breakfast. Service was a bit chaotic but with a large group one has to make allowances, right? The food took so long I was one of more than a few people looking at the time with some annoyance.

After waiting a good hour, ah...breakfast at last. Hmmm...It's barely lukewarm! Really?

The meals came out two and three at a time. I got the feeling that the large group was not overly welcome and the "regular" patrons in the restaurant were the priority.

So, I asked. The girl at the checkout (pleasant enough) said that someone had spilled a drink on the reservation book and obliterated the notation that SIXTY people (us) would be coming in...Whatever the reason - and, no, I didn't buy her excuse - there were not enough wait staff and apparently not enough kitchen staff to handle this crowd...

Wait! I'm not making excuses for bad service at my age. It sucked! We'll NEVER be back. There are a hundred places to go for breakfast and this won't be one of them for us...