“Surprise Easter Dinner”

Price range: USD 1 - USD 15
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Sweetheart Café is love at first bite! The food is homemade & delicious! You can park on the south side of the restaurant. Enter the patio area and walk past the garden into a restaurant that is nostalgic and cozy. The staff friendly and the food is fabulous! Come on in and see if you fall in love with this local café! :) See you soon!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We happened upon this restaurant while traveling through Show Low on Easter Sunday.
We were served a delicious lamb dinner with mint jelly made at the restaurant, baked potato, glazed carrots and homemade blackberry pie! All of the servers were incredibly friendly and helpful. We even got a hug from the owner on our way out the door! Sweethearts is obviously a favorite of the locals but we were made to feel right at home.
I would definitely stop here again.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We camp in ShowLow every March but this was our first visit to this restaurant. It was Sunday morning and I went out for a newspaper and decided to stop for takeout. I arrived and was unsure I wanted to enter but I took a chance, boy was I happy I did.

While the outside looks like an old office building, the inside is charming. It is like walking into someone's home.

I ordered 2 Mountain Burritos ( 1 would have been enough for 2 people) and a Monte Cristo. The food was delicious and the home fries cooked to perfection. The only negative was that the sausage in the burrito was nonexistent, but everything else was so good I decided to still rate a 5.

2  Thank CarlK56
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Sweethearts is a favorite for the locals. The food is always great! The service is great with very attentive staff. The homemade jams and jellies are served with the meals that include them... such as some of the breakfasts. The pop culture ambiance always leaves you with something to look at and talk about. I recommend it.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Great food reasonably priced good selection good honest American style food friendly and efficient staff

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Always excellent service. You can expect your favorite foods to be on the menu. Never a drastic price change. Reasonable prices, I think my favorite dish ( Fried eggs Rye toast, sliced avacado, & fresh picato sause) was $11.00 including tip. There was so much food, It was also my lunch! There is plenty of antique farm objects to look at (bring your ADD/ADHD business staff or family members). The staff are attentive but unintrusive. The general noise livel was quiet.

Been to Sweethearts Cafe? Share your experiences!