“Avoid getting ripped off!”
Review of Cedars Resort

Cedars Resort
Ranked #45 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Avoid getting ripped off!”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I decided to stay in Sedona an additional night after staying two nights (at Amara Hotel - checkout my review. I recommend it). It was Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and everything was booked. I spent all morning calling places and after about 20 calls someone told me to check this place out because they usually have rooms. They had a room and I reserved it over the phone. I thought the $160.00 + price sounded high, and I was hoping that meant it was a high end place. I agree exactly with one of the other reviewers "Lucky U", it is a glorified motel. The room would barely qualify as a moderate motel room. This could be one of those $39.95 rooms you see near truck stops. It was a bit outdated and small. The bathroom was very small. The breakfast was very minimal, with bottled juice and packaged pastry. I have no idea why they would consider this a "resort". I didn't expect what I got for the price and I felt a bit ripped off. The best thing about this place was the view out our window and that it's walking distance to main Sedona tourist area. I wouldn't consider this place again unless it was an emergency! I gave it one star because you have to give at least one star to post.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steve C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Only spent 2 nights here, but wanted more! Enjoyed a great view from the balcony. The Hotel is ideally situated for exploring the Sedona area, and ideal for walking to the town in the evening, although there is a distinct lack of streetlights!
The pool was refreshing, although much colder than swimming in the creek!!! The Hot tub more than compensated for this and offered fine views of the Rock formations.

Room Tip: Highest floor possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We arrived late in the day and the local chamber of commerce directed us to the Cedars. The property is a little dated, but very clean and quiet and well located. We also met the owner and found him to be a great person with tremendous knowledge of the area. We would return here.

• Stayed May 2012
arizona
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The name implies amenities that don't exist. The pool area is very tiny. The view from the pool however is fantastic. The breakfast pretty modest and no other amenities to speak of. Having said that, the location is excellent, the staff is efficient and professional. Several family members came up for a wedding nearby. We had a total of six roms. All very clean, comfortable beds, no problems whatsoever. Good value for the Sedona Area.

Room Tip: If you are real picky about noise, ask for a room in the back. The front rooms are more economical...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Peoria, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We have always stayed in our time share. This trip we wanted to try out some of the other resorts in Sedona. We found the roominess and view spectacular. The beds were confortable. Sheets even smelled clean! Towels were changed out each day and soap refreshed! Unusual these days. We love the location since we spend a lot of time in Tlaquepaque. I would love to come back when we can leave the huge sliding glass doors open to listen to the sound of the water rushing down Oak Creek while we appreciate the fantastic views! Very private as well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple