“Everything it was advertised to Be”
Review of Hampton Inn Sedona

Hampton Inn Sedona
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Everything it was advertised to Be”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Sedona for three nights. It was everything it was advertised to be, clean, friendly, reasonable price, good location, superb breakfast. We had no complaints and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dc99er

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Moscow, ID
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed here for one night while in the area to go hiking.

The room was unremarkable, comfortable but kind of small. There was a bed, not much extra room for sitting.
Housekeeping not detail oriented – cobwebs next to heat/air unit; dusty surfaces; couch needed to be vacuumed.
The chair at desk would not adjust – I could barely reach the desktop.
No view, window looks over parking lot and retaining wall
Staff person very nice and helpful.
Internet connection was good.
Breakfast has selection of hot items plus cereal, pastries, yogurt, etc
Room is well insulated from outside but noisy from other guests in the hallway, especially those families that let their kids use the hallway as a racetrack.
Pool looks nice but I didn’t use.
Small fitness room with treadmill, bike, elliptical; that’s all
They advertise laundry but it was unavailable.

Overall, I would not stay here again. It’s not a very good value for the money. I also stayed at the Sedona Real Inn while in Sedona, and it is way better than the Hampton, for lower price.

Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank roam-ID
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Not my favorite Hampton, but reasonably priced for Sedona. We are hilton honors members so we stay at a lot of Hilton/Hamptons and generally are very happy in their accommodations. Every now and then you get a not so great one...and this was in that category.

It is located on the less congested side of Sedona, you will drive to eat (go to Elote) and play(please hike). The room was dark, barely had a window, which is a crime in such a gorgeous location. But, it is a Hampton so I can accept that limitation. You get what you pay for, right.

They must have renovated the vanity in the bathroom, but not the shower. Which was unfortunate because, it is a molded plastic (not moldy) and the shower head was a little tired and hard to turn to the different options for the spray. The floor was not so clean - lot's of hair and they were not mine nor my husbands. In their defense, I probably should have called to let them know it wasn't clean, I imagine they would have come to clean it if we had alerted them. I hate to be "that" guest. Anyway, we stayed for 2 nights and cut out early on the 3rd, mostely because I didn't like the property.

The bed was extremely uncomfortable. The duvet was lumpy. Sheets were a little old and not so soft. My back ached in the morning. It was also super stuffy and the windows opened only partially. This is in the dead of winter. The staff was great, no problems with them.

I have to preface this and say I am a "foodie" I don't care for the breakfast at Hamptons generally, but this was particularly bad. Even the cut fresh fruit tasted sharp and bitter - not even sure how that can happen?! The coffee was weak - even the one listed dark. so I skipped both. the coffee in the room was not drinkable either - maybe water issues? tasted like sewer water.

Yeah, didn't like it so much. Same time last year, I stayed next door at Best Western Plus. I thought that property was great. For the same price I would stay there instead next time. If they hadn't been booked up, we would have moved hotels.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelhappytraveler
Arizona
Reviewed 17 January 2012

…What do you expect?

Its clean, the staff is friendly and helpful. The rates are decent, and the breakfast stuff is included. Hampton Inn is also the first place I check when I have out of town company coming and I need a reliable place to put them up.

Does the job. Would I want to stay here for a "vacation, vacation" probably not. But it is perfect for a weekend away! Thanks Hampton Inn

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Great hotel in a convenient location. Rooms are big and clean. Excellent front desk staff (Julia's great and very helpful with recommendations and tips).
Highly recommended.