26 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUSD 707
FindHotelUSD 707
Orbitz.comUSD 707
4,470 results
All reviews boynton canyon mii amo spa che ah chi tii gavo junior suite spa restaurant red rocks golf cart mountain biking main pool spa treatments murphy bed main restaurant tennis courts natural beauty magical place turn down service
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 March 2016

When it was good it was very good, when it wasn't it was average or even irritating.

My daughter and I stayed at Enchantment 7 nights, Saturday to Saturday. We were in a Casita with a nice view and location. We ate at most of the restaurants on the property and used room service. Enchantment is convenient to Sedona and we made several trips into town, and a day trip to the Grand Canyon which was very doable.
My expectations were that the property, amenities, and staff would be in keeping with the ratings/reviews and with other comparably priced properties. Some things were and others were not.

The Casita
The Good: Nice view, pleasant balcony , bed and bath linens were very nice as were the pillows, turndown service, robes in room, minibar that could be used as a mini fridge, the o.j. each morning, good water pressure in the shower, separate toilet closet, nice bath products, roomy closet with lots of hangers. Free Wifi, which you need as cell service is spotty.
The Bad:1) Sound traveled between casitas. Our neighbors were loud and we heard them arguing but also heard coughing and conversation. Security handled our complaint about the argument promptly. 2) The curtains in the room looked like they been crumpled in a bag before hanging and never steamed. Also, there was a cigarette butt in the crack of our balcony floor. Little things, but not what I expected. 3) The deep tub was hard for a 5'3" person to step out of without hanging on to the towel bar, but would have been nice if someone wanted to soak.

Mii Amo Spa
The Good: This is where we really enjoyed Enchantment. 1)The ladies' lounge staff was accommodating even though they were very busy; patient in explaining things and friendly. We would check in, get our robes and lockers and then rotate between the outdoor pool, the steam, and indoor hot tube. Teas, water, and fresh fruit were always available in the lounge area, a great place to relax in your robe. Scented, chilled towels at the hot tub. 2) The Cafe at Mii Amo! The best food on the property. Not rabbit food, ample portions, but also very healthy. Everything we ate here was delicious. And you can eat in your robe! Chef Alex's cooking demo was one of our favorite things. Knowledgeable and passionate about what comes in his kitchen. 3) The outdoor pool had lovely views and the indoor pool was nice and opened onto a lounge area with a fireplace
The Bad: 1) My biggest complaint was the lack of staff for the outdoor pool. When I asked about it I was told it wasn't staffed during the Winter Season. An attendant from the men's lounge brought out towels and later in the week there was someone taking food and drink orders during the lunch hours but no one was there to help with lounge chairs (several of which ripped at the seams and sun bleached) or tables, or the standing sunscreens which where too heavy to move, although guests tried, and squeaked and whirled around in the wind. With no one to pick up used towels from chairs, guests who came in the afternoon couldn't tell if a lounge chair was available or not. On two days I counted 24 or more guests and no one attending the pool. It was very disappointing. 2) Cafe service was uneven. We had some very pleasant, attentive wait staff and some for whom the word 'hustle' may as well have been Sanskrit. It's a spa, yes, but I'd still like my water glass refilled.
3) Size-We were there in low season but it got much more crowded when the Thursday to Sunday crowd arrived. I wonder how relaxing it is in high season.

Classes: The instructors for our Watercolor, Gourd Decorating, Stargazing, and Cooking Demo were all enthusiastic, well-prepared, engaging, and made their subjects accessible to the attendees. A strong point for the resort.

Other Dining:
We used Room Service for most of our breakfasts. They were prompt, the food was good (huge portions) and they were very accommodating.
We had lunch outdoors at Tii Gavo, which was good, and a breakfast and our last night's dinner at Che Ah Chi. The food was good but the portions are quite large and the food is rich.

Generally, it was a nice trip but I didn't leave with any Wow factor or the impression that the staff was especially happy to have had us for the week. Maybe it was the end of the Winter Season doldrums. I don't know how it compares to the other two we considered (Miraval in AZ, Ojai in CA) but I think if you were going for the hiking and outdoor activities or went to the spa S-Th in a higher season you'd be happy.

Room tip: A room with a view is nice, some casitas have grills on the patio.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank laniergoes
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for the first time. Beautiful room - amazing food! Staff was nice - the only draw back was when we arrived at 10:00 pm they gave us the wrong room. Staff was a bit confused with not much guidance. Finally got it straightened out. No apologies from guest services though..... Thought that may have been nice.
Anyway we loved it and hope to return someday soon

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2016

the drive from Flagstaff to Sedona on route 89A was amazing. The resort itself is wonderful and very well maintained. We were there in February - but the weather was perfect for hiking and even eating out doors. The staff is very helpful always - great customer service. There are some hikes that are easily accessible from the resort property that are very easy - and Boynton canyon is beautiful. We could not get over how gorgeous the view from our room balcony was. The casitas are spacious and very nicely furnished. The restaurants were great - I can go on and on - this place was terrific.

Room tip: we were in casita no. 24 and the views were incredible.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2016

There is absolutely nothing to criticize. The services, facilities, grounds and staff were all top notch. I booked this 4-day retreat on the spur of the moment having never visited Arizona, and AMEX offered a complimentary night. I could not have been happier with Enchantment. As countless others have mentioned, the views and location are stunning. Easy access to hiking trails. Fantastic spa. Superlative restaurants with breath-taking views (especially at sunset). I was there after a blizzard had passed through and the resort was covered in snow, so I can only imagine how fantastic everything is under ideal conditions. The room (I booked a junior suite) was ideal with a private balcony, gas fireplace and enormous soaking tub. I honestly can't think any way to improve. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a world-class stay in a stunning location.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank aaronclark
Reviewed 26 February 2016

I can't say enough about this place . Everyone is smiling, courteous, and always willing to help.The amenities are too numerous to list. It is a magical place and I look forward to being there next Feb which will be my 5th time.

Room tip: I have stayed here 4 times and every room was spectacular!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends