“Fabulous”

Elote Cafe
Ranked #3 of 206 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is an awesome restaurant and not your typical Mexican restaurant. The menu items are unique and delicious. The salsa that is served with the chips when you are seated is incredible. Make sure you arrive by 4:30 even though it doesn’t open up until 5 pm. There was already a line but we were able to be seated outside. The view was spectacular. staff super friendly. Worth going to !

Write a ReviewReviews (4,552)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We knew about the wait and it was spot on what they told us - 2 hours! The food was very good - I got the fish tacos and my husband got the brisket enchilada. The chips and drinks were good and the popcorn they gave us to help us survive the wait was yummy. If you have the patience and can put up with the wait I would recommend. I would give the food a 5.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The food was great , busy busy place. There was food left over to take home. People were friendly. Tight seating

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My wife and I visited the Sedona area last week taking advantage of a trip to Phoenix to explore and hike around Sedona. Elote Cafe was a must-try dining destination (we also had dinner at Mariposa the other night - another must go place -- though, a very different dining experience) given all of the great reviews and local advice. We went to Elote with our eyes wide open. We could either go at 4 and wait in line for the opening or go around 6-6:30; they don't take reservations. Either strategy involves waiting 1.5 hours. Our wait was 1 one hour and 45 minutes (as we were told when we got there). Once we put our name in, we got in line to order several margaritas (that took 15-20 minutes). Bottom line. The food was very good and our server was excellent. However, and this is nontrivial, the wait is a nontrivial part of the cost of going. The wait at Elote (and I don't mean this to be as harsh as it will sound) is partly the result of the absence of a decent number of other very good restaurants in the area. In a more competitive restaurant market, the 1.5 hour to 2 hour wait would not be sustainable for Elote. While in AZ, we ate at Barrio Cafe in Phoenix. The food and drinks there (and, yes, I realize this is another locale) were at least as good as Elote. Given the rave reviews, we expected to be blown away by Elote and that did not happen. I open myself to considerable backlash with the following. If I was a resident of Sedona, I would save my visits to Elote to times of year (are there any?) when the wait is less than 30 minutes.

4  Thank dr m
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Yes, we waited 2 hours. We would never do that again, but being that it was 6:30pm and we had no plans, we figured why not. We ordered margaritas and visited with others which helped the time go by quickly. We ordered the Elote corn appetizer, the brisket enchiladas, and the pork cheeks dish. The appetizer was delicious. The brisket had incredible flavor, but my husband didn’t care for the enchilada sauce. The pork cheek was incredibly tender and flavorful. I enjoyed my dish immensely.

Been to Elote Cafe? Share your experiences!