“Wonderful solo retreat!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Western Spirit Enrichment Center
Ranked #14 of 20 Speciality Lodging in Sedona
Reviewed 13 October 2014

I found this retreat online and read reviews, most of which are spot on. This is a truly wonderful choice for a retreat. I think if you are going to go on a retreat in Sedona solo, its nice to have a planned week with a guide and spiritual leader.Vs. coming on your own and trying to navigate and find lodging. My week consisted of 6 days, including lodging at the Baby Quail Inn for 6 nights. Maybe see my review for the hotel if you want more info on that part.

Marian and Garrett greeted me with arms wide open and were truly interested in my reason for being there and were willing to offer support the entire trip. The week is a mix of workshops in the morning and excursions in the afternoon. Marian runs the workshops, helps you develop your own self love, intuition, and gives you insight to your patterns. There was only one other retreat guest there that I became quite close to. They believe anyone who comes is in divine order, and they go with it. We learned gratitude journaling, grieving losses, meditations, self love, and developing intuition. The thing I learned most was to choose love over fear. Always. I also learned exactly what this looks like.

Garretts contribution is the excursions and guiding. There was a mix of visiting the Sedona vortexes and hikes, we also went to the Grand canyon, and Native American ruins. We visited a Native American Shaman and also they had included a massage at a nearby spa which was heavenly.

I never felt "alone" the entire time, always had someone to talk to and confide in. But, also had time alone to journal and meditate and shop. Marian loving and peaceful, very in tune to her intuition. Garrett is loving and full of information on the area. He is an ex- rodeo rider and knowledgeable about the land and is a great guide.

Overall, I would go again, maybe in a few years. Sedona is a perfect place of stillness and peace, the perfect getaway to get to know yourself, relax and get centered. Feel free to message me about any of my experiences there and Ill try and help.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Crusie

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hopefully the rest of you will not wait until you have to surrender to your life to be called to come here like I did. I needed to get away, and I knew it needed to be Sedona....but how in the world does one choose among the many different 'spiritual retreat' options available?? I let my intuition guide me, and I can testify yet again that my intuition was DEAD ON!
To say my experience with Garrett and Marian was spiritual would be an understatement. My week was filled with the perfect balance of spiritual enrichment workshops, afternoon activities to connect with nature, and enough free time to reflect on my progress. From the moment I met them, I felt like a member of their family, and they TRULY care. They are two of the most wonderful, genuine people I have ever met.
Regardless of your religious affiliation, this spiritual retreat is invaluable, and you will learn an incredible amount about yourself. The lessons I learned and the insight I gained were priceless and will stay with me always. I am already planning my return trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I am sure that if you read all the reviews on this site you will find an absolute consensus of how wonderful the experience of Western Spirit was. I took two weeks off and flew to Arizona without knowing what to expect, only that it was something I truly wanted to do.

The blend of experiencing the native American spiritual believs and the outdoor activities that complemented the workshops, all made sense and helped further the experience.

This trip has profoundly changed my attitude towards myself, people around me and so on. It has actually been wonderful to return to work and I have fun in an environment with redundancies and tough economic pressures as well.

Its very hard to detail down this experience simply due to it being very personal, but there were miracles occurring while I was there and I still try to process what I saw and experienced.

While I realise that the person reading this might be looking for a concrete experience, all I can say is: open your mind, your heart and allow the moment to enter and if or when you do; you might just open up to experiences you never even considered existed. Marian and Garrett are the guides, angels, supporters to help you reach this potential and I cannot recommend this enough.

Arizona is also one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited with Sedona, Grand Canyon, the Hopi reserve and so forth. Its not just the landscape, but it is also the people around; so honest, so generous and so wonderfully caring. Being from Sweden it was a nice surprise to meet people over and over again who actually knew where my country was with reference to real and current things :-)

I came home wondering how to translate this knowledge and share it with my friends, but every time I speak about it I tend to get the response: oh, I never thought of it that way before, it really makes sense to me too, tell me more. It truly is a gift that keeps on giving.

As I continue to share my experience I also realise that it develops me further in my understanding as well. I have never in my life felt this grounded, content and calm and I have finally come home within myself and it is *such* a good feeling.

My truth is that you can choose to have what you want (love and self love) or the reasons why you can't (fear and control).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Gazell00
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I found Western Spirit looking for a peaceful retreat from a busy and stress-filled work environment. Just being at the retreat center was like taking a deep breath, so tranquil and beautiful. What I hadn't expected though, was the depth of personal exploration and discovery that flowed at the workshops. The leaders were extremely intuitive and knew exactly how to help each of the guests with what they needed, not pushing their own agenda, but being sensitive and mindfully present for us. Garrett was a wonderful host, a fantastic wilderness guide on the hikes and excursions, and Marian was like a wise and loving mother, sensitive to her children's needs (even though I'm sure we were all older than her.) She helped us explore some deep feelings and was incredibly accurate and loving in her perceptions. I went with 3 friends, but would not be afraid to go solo. I would highly recommend this as a great vacation, much more than just a "lie on the beach and eat" kind of holiday. Take a leap, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Both rooms were lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank mataki29
Reviewed 10 January 2011

My husband and I recently spent a week at the Western Spirit Ranch. The scenery was breathtaking. The hikes and climbs around the red rocks in Sedona were spectacular. The hike down into the Grand Canyon was amazing. My husband would say the hike out was a miracle:) The workshops were enlightening and life altering.

As if the above was not enough, meeting and getting to know Marian and Gary as a couple was truly inspirational. Their example was motivation for us to be not only better as a couple but also as individuals.

We would recommend this retreat for any one that wishes to learn a more balanced way to live their life. We have returned home, back to the stress of every day life and all of the ongoing issues that we had, or thought we had, when we went to the ranch. By applying lessons we learned there our bond as a couple has already grown stronger.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple