See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I am sure that if you read all the reviews on this site you will find an absolute consensus of how wonderful the experience of Western Spirit was. I took two weeks off and flew to Arizona without knowing what to expect, only that it was something I truly wanted to do.

The blend of experiencing the native American spiritual believs and the outdoor activities that complemented the workshops, all made sense and helped further the experience.

This trip has profoundly changed my attitude towards myself, people around me and so on. It has actually been wonderful to return to work and I have fun in an environment with redundancies and tough economic pressures as well.

Its very hard to detail down this experience simply due to it being very personal, but there were miracles occurring while I was there and I still try to process what I saw and experienced.

While I realise that the person reading this might be looking for a concrete experience, all I can say is: open your mind, your heart and allow the moment to enter and if or when you do; you might just open up to experiences you never even considered existed. Marian and Garrett are the guides, angels, supporters to help you reach this potential and I cannot recommend this enough.

Arizona is also one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited with Sedona, Grand Canyon, the Hopi reserve and so forth. Its not just the landscape, but it is also the people around; so honest, so generous and so wonderfully caring. Being from Sweden it was a nice surprise to meet people over and over again who actually knew where my country was with reference to real and current things :-)

I came home wondering how to translate this knowledge and share it with my friends, but every time I speak about it I tend to get the response: oh, I never thought of it that way before, it really makes sense to me too, tell me more. It truly is a gift that keeps on giving.

As I continue to share my experience I also realise that it develops me further in my understanding as well. I have never in my life felt this grounded, content and calm and I have finally come home within myself and it is *such* a good feeling.

My truth is that you can choose to have what you want (love and self love) or the reasons why you can't (fear and control).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Gazell00
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I found Western Spirit looking for a peaceful retreat from a busy and stress-filled work environment. Just being at the retreat center was like taking a deep breath, so tranquil and beautiful. What I hadn't expected though, was the depth of personal exploration and discovery that flowed at the workshops. The leaders were extremely intuitive and knew exactly how to help each of the guests with what they needed, not pushing their own agenda, but being sensitive and mindfully present for us. Garrett was a wonderful host, a fantastic wilderness guide on the hikes and excursions, and Marian was like a wise and loving mother, sensitive to her children's needs (even though I'm sure we were all older than her.) She helped us explore some deep feelings and was incredibly accurate and loving in her perceptions. I went with 3 friends, but would not be afraid to go solo. I would highly recommend this as a great vacation, much more than just a "lie on the beach and eat" kind of holiday. Take a leap, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Both rooms were lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank mataki29
Reviewed 10 January 2011

My husband and I recently spent a week at the Western Spirit Ranch. The scenery was breathtaking. The hikes and climbs around the red rocks in Sedona were spectacular. The hike down into the Grand Canyon was amazing. My husband would say the hike out was a miracle:) The workshops were enlightening and life altering.

As if the above was not enough, meeting and getting to know Marian and Gary as a couple was truly inspirational. Their example was motivation for us to be not only better as a couple but also as individuals.

We would recommend this retreat for any one that wishes to learn a more balanced way to live their life. We have returned home, back to the stress of every day life and all of the ongoing issues that we had, or thought we had, when we went to the ranch. By applying lessons we learned there our bond as a couple has already grown stronger.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2010

What a positve experience we had during this worry free week staying at the Enrichment
Center wirh Gary and Marion our hosts.
Service beyond the call of duty. Great food. Plenty of cookies, brownies as treats
throughout the day. Great workshops and tours of the area. It felt like we were
staying with family. The Center is located in a very peaceful area of Arizona.
Spent hours on the front porch staring at one of the most incredible views in
the world. Dillion the dog, polite creature who also helped us feel at home.
We have stayed in inns and bed and breakfast places, retreat centers but we have
never met hosts like Gary and Marion who ensured that we would be happy with
this revitalizing Arizona experience. My wife and I can not say enought positve
about our stay at The Western Spirit Enrichment Centre. Great value especially
for a first time visitor in the area. A great place to travel and learn through the
workshops. A truly wonderful personal growth experience for both of us.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobertandKate
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I originally contacted Gary with Western Spirit in July 2009. I was in a dark place in my life and was seeking guideance, answers, self-enrichment. Gary was very responsive, encouraging and patient. At that time, I was not ready to make the commitment to go alone. After another year of continued darkness, emptiness and disappointment, I knew I had to make some serious changes. In July 2010, at my lowest point, I received an email from Gary offering a reduced rate for summer months and I knew this was not a coincident but divine intervention! At 38, I had never travelled alone, besides work assignments, and was very apprehensive about leaving my home to travel alone to an unknown area and to the home of complete strangers. I expressed these concerns to Gary and he assured me it was all going to be just fine and that I was being led there for a reason. I had NO idea how accurate his statement truly was.
My experience at Western Spirit surpassed all expectations I could have imagined. My life has been forever changed due to all I learned there. In reading all previous reviews, I don't need to mention the incredible food, hospitality, beauty of the area, benefits of meditation, wonderful workshops, comfortable amenities etc. Every single review addressed those things but I want my review to focus on what truly made this experience life changing and that was Marian and Gary. I cannot thank these two enough for what they have done for me. My mind, body and spirit thank you as well as my family and friends for helping me find my way back to my heart and learning to love myself again. My light is shining so bright here in TX!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo