“Not Worth the Walk”

Ranked #37 of 211 Restaurants in Sedona
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Javelina Cantina is located in the Hillside Shopping Center. We offer traditional Sonoran Mexican cuisine. All of our food is housemade fresh daily and cooked to order, using the finest and freshest ingredients available. We offer indoor and outdoor patio dining with spectacular views of Sedona whether you're seated inside or out. Happy hour is from 3:00 to 6:00 daily. Please join us for Sedona's finest Mexican Cuisine. Visit us near sunset and you just might get a show, we usually see Javelina's on the north side of the restaurant around sunset.
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

On our recent visit to Sedona we were told we should try the a Javelina Cantina. After looking at their home page we decided to stop by and try their happy hour offerings. We really didn't realize the extent of the journey from where we started from down town but we walked fast enough to cover the distance n time. The happy hour offers are only good if you sit at the bar and we were lucky enough(so we thought)to catch the only two seats available. The bartender barely acknowledged us when we sat down but eventually he found time to take our order. We only asked for a beer and a dirty vodka martini but it took him three attempts to get it right. At one point I thought he didn't understand what a dirty martini was so I tried to politely explain it...he didn't take that well. Hey, we don't know if he was having a bad night or he's just not very good at his job, but once he finally got the order right we went one-and-done and I can't imagine we'll come back. There's just too many other quality venues in Sedona to put up with poor service and a bad attitude .

Write a ReviewReviews (2,390)

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Don't have anything to complain about - this restaurant was really great on all accounts: good view, diverse menu, delicious food, and good service. After a morning of hiking in the sun, this really hit the spot with a cold margarita and HUGE burrito (I got veggie and bean burrito). Beans dip was also really yummy.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We had spent all day seeing Sedona and were in need of a casual relaxing not over the top expensive place to eat. There is a lot of choices and a lot of food per plate. We split nachos between the two of us and had leftovers to take home. The chips and salsa alone were very good. Our friends had the Del Mar salad, the enchilada and a burger. Each one said their meal was very good. We would go back again.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

From the minute I walked in, the service was uncomfortable. No one seemed happy to be there or happy to help. The food was tasty, except my cheese enchilada was over cooked, the bottom was tough and chewy from overcooking. I had a beef enchilada and bit into a huge piece of fat. It was ok, but I won’t be back.

1  Thank swandive208
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I had 2 enchilada's and my wife had the chicken burrito. Service was excellent and the meals were served hot. It's very good Mexican food. Place was very busy for our dinner and all the wait staff were serving the tables quickly.

Been to Javelina Cantina? Share your experiences!