Review Highlights
Wonderful initiation into the red rock country

Our first hike into the red rock state, little horse trail had everything we had hoped for and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Madhavi J
Wonderful views on Chicken Point!

Easy access, pretty easy trail with a steady climb to the wonderful views on Chicken Point. Luckily... read more

Reviewed 7 November 2018
Ken14
Iowa

Recommended experiences in and around Sedona
from USD 179.00
from USD 164.03
from USD 121.44
from USD 104.89
More Info
All reviews chicken great hike bell rock moderate hike elevation changes broken arrow each direction parking lot holy cross elevation gain easy hike courthouse butte red rocks cathedral rock incredible views ranger station pink jeep tours
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Relatively easy 2 hour r/t hike with an absolutely breathtaking view from the top of Chicken Point. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Fairly easy hike to Chicken Point and a beautiful view!! This trail can get busy so get an early start if you can. Great for families!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This is a rather easy trail that can be fun for the majority of people. Throughout Sedona, you can see incredible views and this trail is no different.

Tip: If looking for something more challenging, then this particular hike is probably not for you.

Tip @: Remember to hang your National Park Pass so you don't get a ticket while parking

Overall, I'd say it's a 4.5 as long as you know it's not going to be overly challenging. I would recommend to a friend who wanted a easy and enjoyable hike.

I’m a fellow traveler and have always appreciated when people write about their experiences so I can make informed decisions. If this review provided value, please hit that “helpful” button so I know I’m helping others and paying it forward as well. Even if it’s just one person it’s worth it to me. To see more photos, to get insider info/travel details, join me on Instagram: @NeoNorth

6  Thank NeoNorth
Reviewed 29 March 2018

The parking lot isn't very big but we lucked out and got a spot. You do need a parking pass which is sold in the lot. Credit card only. The trail is very accessible and we took it to a gorgeous look out , chicken point. Love our photos from there. We continued on a bit on broken arrow trail and after we saw where the pink jeep tours go around the rocks, we turned back. We packed a picnic and rested a bit. This is a fantastic trail that all ages can do! Don't miss it.

1  Thank 300hollyh
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Rather easy, short trail with beautiful views. It ends at Chicken point that provides a great panorama. Not too crowded. I highly recommend it.