“Gorgeous updated Suites”

Sedona Summit Resort
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I wish I would have been here for more than just one night. The resort is amazing with several pools. The kitchen and rooms were beautiful. The balcony was amazing. The bathroom was HUGE!!! Few little things - the room was not cleaned well. There were hair wads on the bathroom shower wall along with mold. There was a VINYL couch in the living room....looks cheap and the cushions would not stay on. I arrived late and there was nobody waiting at the check in desk - there were 3 people behind working however told me to hold on and wait (with nobody there...seemed ridiculous). The hotel was resurfacing the parking lot (that actually already looked to be in great condition and we had to park our car far away and haul our bags. That being said, the parking lot workers were there EARLY so didn't even get enough sleep as they were loud). Perhaps this project should have been saved till lower occupancy.

10AM check out time? Brutal.

Also, the hotel is not in town. We were fine with this as we just wanted to relax but it's a ways out of town. Not walk able to much.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank IHeartTravel1978
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Sedona Summit.

By reading your review it looks like you stayed with us during our scheduled parking lot project. This is typically done every 3 years to preserve our parking lot and keep them looking in good condition.
I will get with my team on your concerns with the service you received at check in and the cleanliness issues you experienced in your unit. This is not a typical stay with us here at the Summit and my apologies for the inconvenience. We did recently change our check out time to 10 AM to help us meet the high demand in occupancy.

I am confident that your next visit with us will exceed your expectations. We hope that you give us another chance and hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Sedona Summit Resort

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Sedona Summitt is a beautiful timeshare resort in West Sedona. The rooms, check-in and housekeeping were wonderful. The concierge is very helpful in arranging local site visits, restaurant reservations, and activities. She made us reservations at Seven Canyons Golf Course, a must-play in Golf Magazine, for $50 per person, rather than the rack rate of $125. The local tour companies, such as Pink Jeep, will pick you up at the front desk, rather than driving into downtown Sedona (about 3 miles) and having to find a parking place. Some might think the resort is a little far from the main part of town. However, I think it was just right. You can see the stars at night and the balloons rise over the Red Rocks in the morning. Red Rock Loop and Crossing are literally across the highway from the resort. We would definitely go back again. Do be aware that this is a timeshare ( although rooms can be rented directly also). They will try to get you to go to the sales pitch. It's advertised as 1 1/2 hours, but really it takes two. While the condos are nice, they are not worth what Diamond wants to sell them for. Put on your game face and say no.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit at the back of the resort facing the rocks. I sent an email about two weeks before ch...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tlbden

Thank you very much for your excellent review here on trip advisor.

We appreciate your “Just right” comment on the location of our resort. We are right next to the Red Rock Mesa with all the amazing views.

It looks like you enjoyed your excursions and had plenty of fun. I am glad that you enjoyed your fun time with us here at the Sedona Summit. We hope to have back here soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We finished our first week of two. We have two studio units located next to each other, brother in-law and sister in-law are traveling with us. The property has beautiful great views. Far enough away from everything, but within a short drive from everything. Safeway grocery - 5 minutes. Good restaurants - 5 minutes. Hiking - 10 minutes.
We both have a large studio units in the older section around the corner from the office. The room was newly upgraded.
Kitchen area has a full size fridge, Dishwasher, 2 burner electric hot plate and marble counter tops.
Dinning are has a round table with 4 sturdy chairs.
Living area has a sturdy sofa bed and large coffee table.
Sleeping area has a queen size bed with sturdy mattress and two end tables.
Bathroom is good size with a large walk-in shower. Also storage areas are in this room. Shower area could use a grab bar.
Large closet with safe located across from the bed.
Flat screen TV and DVP. Storage under wall that TV is in. Only problem that I had is that the Flat Screen TV did not have an HDMI connection for my computer. Use's the old RCI plugs that are not compatible with the mini adapter to HDMI that I use for my Mac. I like to use hulu to catch up on programs that we missed. Internet service is full bars everywhere even at the pooI. I prefer having an outside contractor for Internet (AT&T) $30.00 a week nice strong signal. The free ones are usually very slow. You get what you pay for.
All furniture and fixtures are in like new condition. The view from the balconies was incredible. We were on the second floor of building 2 had a view of the mountains. We had everything we needed in that studio.
The pool area behind the office was our favorite nice a quite, however no view. Most use the pool across the street fantastic view, lots of kids. They have a coffee machine and ice machine available close to the pool area. The coffee machine does Regular and decaf hot or iced.
The Summit is very fortunate to have a General Manager like Michael Pina, his staff run a first class operation.
We never had any pressure from the time share staff. Did not sign up for the Breakfast meetings. Only received a call from them once inviting us for Breakfast. If you are looking for the $100.00 credit it is assumed that you are looking to purchase time share. Only sign up if you are looking to purchase time share otherwise you are wasting your time and the agents time. Nothing is free,

Room Tip: I requested that the units are next to each other, with a view, close to the pool. The Summit took c...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank HVACGORDON

Thank you very much for your excellent review here on trip advisor.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our resort and its location. We are west of Sedona next to the Red Rock Mesa and make for a great resort for those wanting to retire for the day after many activities. Everything is within 10-15 minutes by car and we make for a great home while away from home.

We appreciate the note on the internet and I am glad that your service on the internet was at a premium.

Thank you very much for your kind compliment. My team and I here at the Summit will continue to work our very hardest at being the best in all of Sedona. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Sedona Summit May 4th-8th and were completely satisfied. We would have preferred a room with a view of the rocks, which we did not get, but that was no big deal; all we had to do was to walk around the building to get a beautiful view. Besides, we were out of the unit, seeing the rocks up close and personal most of the time.

As others have said, the "concierge" is a salesperson, period. However, she was helpful in answering our questions and in providing us with a map of the area. As for the sales pitch, we politely said "no, we are not interested", and that was the end of it. They did call us in our rooms two times during our four day stay, asking us to come to their presentation, but again, a polite "no thank you; we aren't interested" was all it took.

Our room was immaculate. We couldn't have asked for a cleaner room. We got the two bedroom, which was really a one bedroom and a studio combined. The one bedroom had complete kitchen facilities, a separate den, a bedroom with a king-sized bed, and a huge bathroom with a large tub and a walk-in shower. (Wish it had been a "jetted" tub!) The studio would have been plenty of room for a solo traveler or a couple. It had a combined bedroom/den/kitchen. The only thing the kitchen lacked was an oven. It had a refrigerator, two stove burners, a microwave, blender, toaster, etc... The bathroom had a large walk-in shower. The one bedroom unit would have been more than enough for my friend and myself if we could have gotten separate beds, but all that was offered was a king sized bed.

The patios were the tiniest I've ever seen, but enough room for two people and a tiny table between them. In the one-bedroom, however, the patio just faced the parking lot so we didn't use it.

We didn't specify if we wanted an upstairs or downstairs unit, and were assigned a first floor. At first I was a little disappointed because I thought that if I had a balcony instead of a patio, perhaps I could see a view other than the next building. Later I realized how difficult it would have been for two women (late 50's and 60's) to get the luggage up and down the stairs, so I was grateful that we were on the first floor.

The sofa in our unit was very uncomfortable, but it was a sleeper sofa and I've never sat on one of those that was comfortable. The beds were just right for us, though!

Really, I would have NO hesitation recommending this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank tarheel77

Thank you very much for your excellent review here on trip advisor.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your accommodations. It looks like you stayed in a two bedroom lock off unit, which are two units put together. These units provide an array of amenities and give families all the comforts of home.

Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to have back soon here at the Sedona Summit.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Can't say enough wonderful things about this resort. Returned home last night after a week in Sedona plus additional days in Grand Canyon, Flagstaff and Las Vegas. Stayed in a 1 BR. Immaculate, high quality and comfortable suite. Property itself is very convenient to everything including hiking - walked about 1/2 mile to an easy 4 mile or so marked hike we did with our kids ages 9 and 12. Very well-maintained resort - while we were there I noticed carpet cleaning, grill cleaning and new asphalt being laid in the parking lots. Resort was most likely full, but one was never able to tell. Pools (there are 3) always had plenty of room, great temp (in the one we swam in) and clean, clean, clean. Our room faced a courtyard, so while no view of the any of the famed red rocks, it still faced some very nice plantings. Very comfortable bed and great shower - never used the whirlpool tub. I guess more than anything what will indicate how much I liked it is that today I booked the week of Thanksgiving - really!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank TAtripper
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

Thank you for your excellent review here on trip advisor.

We appreciate the note on our daily projects. We are always getting our resort ready for our guest to have a great time. We will continue working hard at our resort to ensure our guest’s expectations are met /exceeded.

We do have a total 4 pools (3 Family Pools and 1 adult pool). We also have 2 dedicated spa areas as well. You will not be disappointed at the Sedona Summit and with our hospitable staff you will always consider our resort your home. We are happy to read that you are coming back. See you soon.