USD 315
USD 247
Kimpton
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 357/night.

USD 197
USD 192
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 264/night.

Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
USD 180
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 218/night.

USD 306
USD 147
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 246/night.

GreenTree Inn Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
USD 117
USD 105
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 138/night.

Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
USD 149
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 206/night.

Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
USD 106
  • Pool
USD 500
  • Pool
1,905 results
All reviewstime sharesunset suitesales pitchmesa suitetimeshare presentationpools and hot tubsfull kitchenred rocksone bedroom unitwasher and dryeradult poolconcierge deskmid week cleaningfree giftliving roomhigh pressurewest side
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We initially booked a studio which we stayed in the first night. Do not book a studio at this resort. The room we were in was very noisey, the sound of the refridgerator and heater in our own and adjacent units was horrible. The management very kindly moved us to another unit after this first night and this unit was amazing. A one bedroom mesa view was fantasic. What a difference in the studio from the quality of the room to the views and especially the quiteness. Service at the front desk was mixed but we had a young lady Erin who was terrific and really addressed our needs. The location is a bit outside of the immediate downtown area but we didn't mind this at all. I would definetly stay here again if I could get a good value on a mesa room.

Room Tip: Beware that this is a timeshare resort so you will get pitched upon arrival. Once we refused the offers they didn't bother us again.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you very much for your review here on trip advisor.

I am so glad that we were able to move you to another unit at our resort. I was very content to read that we were able to get you into a one bedroom unit. Normally we run very high occupancies and upgrades like this are rare. I will let Erin know that she did a fantastic job. We are fortunate to have her on our team.

I would always recommend to all to book the unit you want to stay in before you arrive. Studio units are the lowest rate option on many 3rd party locations and through reservations. The studio units are small so the HVAC system and refrigerator can be heard in regular operation. I would advise to pay the extra in room rate and get that one bedroom unit, or go for the top a Mesa or Sunset unit.
We look forward to your next stay with us and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a week there just last week, 4/5-12/12. We traded into the Summit with our timeshare. We went with a studio, so I'll start with the room. Everything seemed to be new, I don't know if renovations were done or not, but the bathroom was tiled and completely up to date(LOVE the magnifying mirror attached to the wall, every accomodation should have one, everywhere, in my humble opinion), as was the kitchen. Only "old" thing was the TV, no flat screen. There was a dvd/vcr combo, so that is also alittle out-dated, and we didn't use it so I can't comment on its function. I loved the fact that in a studio we had a full kitchen, two burner electric stove top (no oven), full size frig, blender, toaster, dishwasher, coffeemaker with a gold filter, so no need to buy filters, and service for four on dishes, glasses, mugs, and flatware. Well stocked and pretty.
Table and four cushioned chairs for dining. A very comfortable couch, that was also a pull out, which we didn't use, and a queen size bed, very comfy. The room was absolutely lovely, and offered all the comforts of home. The balcony was cozy, two chairs and a small table.
We requested a mesa view studio, as this has been a life long wish to visit Sedona, and we are celebrating an anniversary. Thank you to Mr. Pena and the Summit for meeting that request, as we understand it cannot be guaranteed. The view was phenomenal, peaceful, reflective and all of the things I was looking and hoping for. We didn't visit the pool areas, but understand that there are two, or three. The lobby area was very pretty, and offers a coffee station, and if I remember correctly, a vending machine with snacks and candy. Check in was quick and efficient. Getting around the resort by walking or driving is very easy and pleasant as it is in a great location.

Okay, now the reasons for 4 instead of 5 stars.
1) The wi-fi is provided by AT&T, and is spotty in the room, on the balcony and around the resort at best.
2)What I really didn't like is that the "concierge" section in the lobby is really a timeshare "push" to attend a presentation. Call it what it is, an overview of a timeshare sales pitch. Conceirge is very different and I don't like the disguise.

Other than that, a wonderful place to go. If you aren't interested in the timeshare presentation, just don't go over to the conceirge. They will direct you there from the check in desk (they are across from each other), by telling you that they have a free gift for you...which they do, it's a small vinyl string (not straps) backpack and two bottles of water. We did get the gift, but were very pressured to take the presentation. We declined several times before they let us go.
If you are interested in the presentation, they will set you up with an appointment for sometime during your stay and give you some discount coupons for dining and area attractions. Perhaps if we lived alittle closer to the area......

We highly recommend this timeshare resort and would definitely stay here again if we ever are lucky enough to visit Sedona again.

Room Tip: Request a mesa view room, although not guaranteed, it's worth trying for.
2  Thank deecee727

Reading your review I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. No worry on the “4” rating as my priority with trip advisor is to communicate with my guests before, during and after their stay. The Sedona Summit stands out with its own presence and is constantly making improvements to better enhance the overall guest stay. So thank you for the opportunity to communicate and for all to read for their benefit with staying with us.

We appreciate the note on the unit and that you enjoyed your view. You’re correct with the no guarantee on views but, we can always check and take a hard look. Yes, everyone who stays at our resort requests: “A Second Floor unit with a view”; so we try to accommodate.
We look forward to your next stay with us and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I knew something was wrong when I called the front desk, around 9pm on a Friday, to book a last minute reservation and was told the oddest thing I've ever heard from a hotel: "I'm sorry but our reservationist only works during business hours from Monday to Friday." A reservationist? Monday to Friday, so you DON'T want my money, then? Am I in the Twilight Zone?

Fortunately, the nicer lady I'd spoken to minutes before somehow cut into the phone call (another oddity), because she was expecting me. She booked my room. But this interaction was completely confounding. And things were just getting started.

Odd: once I show up, charging me a $250 deposit on a room that only cost me $139 a night.

Odd: telling me there's no room service except once a week.

Odd: After giving me my room key, telling me to turn around and collect my "welcome packet" from the concierge desk, which I notice appears to have 4 or 5 "concierges." Why can they afford 4 or 5? Because they're not concierges. That's literally a lie. They're salespeople whose job it is to suck cash out of you through high pressure sales tactics.

When my girlfriend, staying with her large family, made the mistake of walking up to a "concierge" to get her "welcome packet," here's the dialogue:

Fake Concierge (FC): Hi! Can I have your name?

Gf (having been vaguely warned by me that there was something odd about this place): Um, I don't want to sign up for anything.

FC: Oh I just need to check your name off here. (name given.) So do you have any activities planned in Sedona this weekend? I can tell you about some great deals!

Gf: Yes, we've made plans. I don't want to buy anything, thanks.

FC: (a dark and ominous look suddenly overcomes her face.) Oh. When did I say anything about you buying anything? Are you an owner?

Gf: No.

FC: Bye bye.

No "welcome packet," of course.

In short, the business model of this "resort" is to generate profits from their timeshare component that's amply described in other reviews here and elsewhere on the Internet. Therefore, they really don't care about "customers." Do you enjoy spending hundreds of dollars on a hotel but not receiving hundreds of dollars worth of superior service? I don't. Never again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank neilends

We appreciate you taking the time to share about your recent experience at our resort. We do have an onsite reservation team to assist with accommodations as well as a full service call center to assist with reservations worldwide. I have clarified the process with my team to ensure calls are getting routed correctly. My apologies for the mix up and I am glad to read that your accommodations were booked.

I am forwarding your review to the sales and marketing team. Just to clarify we do not have sales people in the check in lobby. We have a sales center so please be assured that our concierge team that is here in the lobby is here to serve you and help plan your vacation. I appreciate the feedback and I will forward the details of your review to the team.

Here at the Summit it’s all about the customer. Yes, we do have an option to take a sales tour to hear about all the good things about Diamond Resorts and you are compensated for your time. All vacation ownership big brands do this at all their resorts. We do care about all who walk through our doors and will continue to provide world class service. My apologies for the experience you encountered. I am sorry to hear that you will not be coming back, but should you decide to give us another chance please call me directly and I will ensure that your next experience will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Positive:
-Nice property, not too far from hiking trails and downtown Sedona/Good location
-Studio – perfect size for two people, clean
-Hot tub right outside our room with grills available in same location/beautiful view

Negative:
-The deal online advertised for the week was $799 plus tax for a studio. When I called to book, he charged us an extra $100 when I was just about to give him my credit card
information because it was Easter week. We checked out of the resort the morning of Easter Sunday. The extra last minute charge still leaves me with a very bad impression.
What was advertised should have been the price charged.
-Studio rooms, although clean are a little run down and dark but will do for a week with the beautiful views

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review with us here on trip advisor.

It looks like your reservation was completed through a 3rd party wholesaler. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with the reservation entity. Being that the 3rd party vacation rental agencies are not managed by us (as owners deposit their intervals with various providers to rent). I would encourage giving them a call and asking them to address your concerns. It never hurts to try and get some clarification.

I would always recommend booking the unit of your preference. Studios are small and cozy. But, rest assured that we will be clean and in good working order. We have some new furniture going into our rooms to give them a fresh look. So please be assured that your comments and those of others are being heard by us here at the Sedona Summit. It’s always about the customer and the great experience.

I wish you the best on al your future travels.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

The bad first - Wifi access for the week costs $30 and doesn't work well. Studio rooms do not have views of anything. Your week will be twice as good with a car!

The good - Service here is just excellent. I declined the timeshare presentation and wasn't pushed on it again. The activities are a lot of fun, even for adults. The numerous hot tubs scattered around the resort are Godsends after the day's hiking. The rooms are fine and designed with the standard Sedona color theme - which looks really cool in the bathroom!

The downright sensational - The hikes in Sedona - all of them - are just sublime. The trails directly out the back of this resort are really nice and virtually unknown. I had at least half of them completely to myself. My favorite was called the Last Frontier. It's not obvious, appears blocked by rocks at the start, and you'll be the only one on it. But persist! Early on, you'll reach a sign that says "<- End of the world Civilization ->". I shouldn't have to tell you which one to take!

I want to give this place 5 stars because I've had few greater weeks in my life. Sedona is just an amazing place! But be wary of the minor drawbacks.

Room Tip: There is a HUGE difference between the studios and 1-bedders here! The studios face in to the resort and are probably some of the only units in the entire town without a sublime view! Get a 1-bed. You'll thank yourself.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

I am really happy to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us here at the Sedona Summit.

I appreciate all the good things you mentioned about our resort and how you enjoyed them after your daily excursions. It looks like you took in Sedona to the fullest and recharged while you were on vacation. That is what the Sedona Summit is here for and to make our guest experience exceed expectations.

We thank you for your business and look forward to your next stay with us.