1,939 results
All reviews time share sunset suite sales pitch mesa suite timeshare presentation full kitchen pools and hot tubs red rocks one bedroom unit washer and dryer adult pool concierge desk mid week cleaning free gift living room high pressure west side
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed here while visiting Sedona. I was pleased with the reviews on tripadvisor and found a discount of 50 percent off the studio on the Diamond Resort website. Seemed like a great deal! Their website said that all of the studios feature whirlpool tubs and kitchenettes. However, upon arrival the bathroom had a shower, no bathtub. I was confused so we checked their website and all of the room descriptions say "whirlpool tub". We didnt ask for a room change as we were tired from the drive to Sedona and we didn't bring it up to management. While checking in we caught another mistake. On one form they have you sign it says the check-out is 10a.m. and another form says it is 11 a.m. Even the guys at the desk didn't know about the typo. We were told by someone else that they are in the process of changing to a 10 a.m.check-out.
We stayed in building 4 on the ground level. If we stayed here again we would request a room away from the main highway. There wasn't noise from the highway. I just want to be closer to the mountains! In addition, if staying for more than two nights I would suggest a one bedroom instead of a studio. The studio isn't cramped, but more kitchen space would be appreciated if you plan on cooking. Overall, great price for a nice vacation in Sedona. The resort itself seems to cater to families with daily activities. It is also located close to Red Rock State Park and we really enjoyed our time at Red Rock Crossing. Took some great pictures, saw coyotes and relaxed by the creek.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thank you for your quick stay with us at the Sedona Summit and sharing with all of us here on trip advisor.

You are correct. We have recently changed our check out time to 10AM. Previously it was 11AM and this is a transition month for us. So we are doing a soft touch on our check out time. My team is now on the same page. My apologies for the mix up you experienced at check in and with your confirmation page. I am in the process of clarifying the tub descriptions in our units. Our Studio units do not have tubs, only showers as you already have noticed.

I thank you for highlighting the unit with your details and appreciate you staying with us. I hope to have you come back soon so we can get you into a different section of our resort so you can review and be pleased with.

I thank you for your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Let me start by saying my wife and I are Diamond Resort timeshare owners and we have been coming to Sedona for the last 12 years. We almost always stay at the Summit and can't wait to get back. In fact I am sitting in our unit right now looking out at the beautiful scenery. Yes this year we got a room with a view. There are limited view rooms so we don't expect to get one. This year we were pleasantly surprised. Anyway if you want a view just step out your front door the view is everywhere when staying at the Summit. We have stayed in many different time share location and have come to expect and accept the routine. If you try to check in before the normal check-in at 4:00pm it will likely be hectic and you will likely have to wait. And yes they are going to encourage you to listen to the sales pitch. Every time share does this! Decide in advance what you are going or not going to do and stick to your guns. This is one of the nicer time shares we visit in our travels. We usually stay in the original buildings by the front desk, near the free coffee, pool and fitness center. This time we are in Building #21 and this is a great location as well. Remember it's a time share but it's still a great place to take in all that Sedona and the surrounding area has to offer. If you haven't visited Sedona you MUST come. Put it on your bucket list and consider the Summit as a great place to stay.

4  Thank jwkinggaic

Thank you very much for your review here on trip advisor.

I am really happy to read that you received a room with a view. I know we have very little amount of rooms with a view. However, we make every attempt to accommodate requests and look hard.
Most importantly I thank you very much for being a Diamond Resorts owner. We are very fortunate for our Diamond Owners as they keep our resort thrive and keep us going. You are correct and we are a Vacation Ownership resort and have a very good product and resort available. We are constantly working on what else we can do to improve our guest experience.

I really appreciate you taking the time to mention that we are nicest timeshare in the area. We look forward to your continued business with Diamond Resorts and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husband and I, along with our daughter and son-in-law, stayed at the Sedona Summit Resort in March for three nights in a two-bedroom Sunset Suite. This unit is incredible and never fails to disappoint. The amenities are amazing and top-of-the-line (there are two master suites and two jacuzzi tubs) and if you get a view unit facing the desert, there are few resorts that can offer a better experience.

If you are not interested in a time-share presentation, simply tell the front desk staff firmly so they do not bother you about this. We love this resort and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Sedona!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper-level unit on the north side with a desert view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank hiker017
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

We appreciate your review on your recent stay with us here on tripadvisor. Thank you for selecting us for your vacation destination to spend time with your family.

In your review it looks like you reserved a Sunset unit. Great selection and I commend you for booking the unit that you wanted to stay in. It always helps to book the unit you want (Standard, Mesa or Sunset).

Just a quick note for all that the front desk does not book any tours or related. The front desk only checks in guests a registers them for their booked accommodations. Perhaps you were referring to our Concierge team that offers many opportunities for arriving guests to take advantage of while staying in Sedona?

We are looking forward to your quick return back to the Summit and we appreciate your review on us.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Don't even think you will get a unit like the units you see on the Sedona Summit WEB site! The newer units do look like the WEB site pics; however, rental units or exchange units are likely to be in the "old" section of the property.

Firstly, I'll mention the positives about this resort.
*Sedona is a beautiful area and the resort has a good location.
*The property is well kept and clean. The snow was quickly removed from the sidewalks. Yes, it snowed (heavily) in mid-March.
*Free coffee is available 24/7 in the lobby.
*The one bedroom unit we were assigned, Bldg 2, #205, had a pool view.
*The unit was large with deck, fully equiped, well laid-out and clean.
*Hot water was immediate and the shower was strong. The large bathroom contained a huge soaking tub.
*The unit was quiet when the doors and windows were closed. When the patio doors were open, we had to endure the screaming (Marco...Polo) from kids in the pool.
*The bed was comfortable.

Now for the nitty, gritty:

*Our check-in experience was unacceptable. We waited over an hour and half for our room, which we only got after I raised a stink. The front desk and time share people were not helpful. I saw other guest equally dissatisfied with their check-in experience.
*The room we were assigned was of mediocre quality. I gasped when I saw the worn condition of the carpet in the unit when we walked in. The bathroom fixtures were dated. When was the last time you saw a pink (salmon) colored clam-shell shaped bathroom sink? We have certain expectations in a room. Our room did not meet those expectations.
*We did not personally experience problems with equipment in our unit; however, the guests next door in unit 205P experienced a television problem and a stopped up toliet. Yes, we know that happened because the maintenance people incorrectly came to our door on those two occasions.
*Cell phone service is very spotty. For a major resort in a tourist area, this is unacceptable. .
*Wireless internet service is only available for an extra charge. Since the cell service is bad, it's hard to set up a "hot spot" using the phone. There are two computers available for public use in the lobby; however, the units were frequently occupied.
*The medicore continental breakfast offerred on Saturday, Sunday & Monday as a comp for enduring the time share presentation is not worth the time walking to the office.
*A majority of the units on the property do not have views of the wonderful Sedona environment. Parking lot views are unacceptable for most guests coming to Sedona.
*A car is a must and there are no restaurants or shops near the resort. The resort is huge and laid out over a wide area. Parking at the resort is difficult to find late at night.
*There are no outside bbq's near the older untis in the resort, even though bbq's are advertised as being available. In my view, having to walk 10 minutes to get to a bbq makes it practically unavailable.

I now fully understand why this property is not rated higher. Sedona has many, many wonderful properties and resorts. This is not one of thlem. We left after 4 nights although we'd paid for a 7 night "extra vacation".

Room Tip: Ask for a newer unit on the 2nd floor.
3  Thank pasadenajim
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

We appreciate your review here on tripadvisor.

In reading your review it sounds like you were in our standard section of our resort. If you mentioned a room 205P as a reference point that will put you in building 2. The rooms that you see online are the Mesa and Sunset units. I will always recommend to owners and renters to book what they want and to review the confirmation and room amenities. The Mesa and Sunset units will run at a higher rate and our owners who use them always find them to be great and exceed their expectations. Always be sure to know what you book: Standard, Mesa or Sunset. This will help establish your expectations. Exchangers and Renters will go into the room that they booked and reserved. There is no one area of our resort we put renters and exchangers in for accommodations.

Thank you for mentioning the good attributes of the room and area. I know its Spring Break for many and they come to have fun in our pools. Also, there is a BBQ area by building 3 (the building over from your building). We have them located throughout our resort.

My apologies for the check in taking longer than it should have. We ran into some unforeseen room inventory issues which delayed a majority of our arrivals. We fixed the issue and as safety is our paramount goal we had to put it on a priority. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

I will review all of other notes in your “Nitty Gritty” section with my team. Many of them are out of our control when it comes to cell phone reception, structural construction and internet. There was a mention of design in the bathroom which is being addressed in 2013. If it’s one thing we do at the Sedona Summit is that we listen to our guests/owners.

Over the past 24 months we have moved up from number 29 on tripadvisor to number 17 with a flux back and forth from 19. We are also running at Gold Crown and Premier Scores with our exchange companies. In 2011, the Sedona Summit received an award from Resort Time for best desert resort. So we are improving and ranking higher with a very positive momentum. I understand we will have some bumps along the way but rest assured you know that at the Sedona Summit we are listening to our guests and adjusting to make all who stay with us happy.

I thank you for your business and wish you the best on all your vacation travels.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed in an efficiency at the Sedona Summit for 5 weeks in early 2012, and I found it to be a very nice place. I got a great price on it, so that helped also. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and I had a gorgeous view out of my unit. I would definitely stay there again! My only complaint was that they charge $7.95 per day for WIFI service - but there are two computers in the lobby area that you can use...

Room Tip: Call a week in advance and ask for a view of the red rocks... Buildings 1 and 2 have fabulous views!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

We really appreciate your review here on tripadvisor.

We especially appreciate your 5 week stay with us. Thank you very much for mentioning on how nice the resort was and how you found our service from staff to be friendly and nice. We appreciate our owners and guests who stay with us. We know we are a huge resort with many guests and employees. But, I want all to know that we are here for you. We may have 475 check ins on the week end, but you are the first check in for us. You will not be disappointed at the Sedona Summit, all we have to know is what you want so we can paint an expectation for you. It sounds like we did that here and appreciate you for noting for all.

Thank you for mentioning the 2 free internet kiosks in the lobby. Many take advantage of them on a daily basis.

We look forward to you return stay with us and we will continue working hard. Thank you for your business and see you soon.