1,936 results
All reviews time share sunset suite sales pitch mesa suite timeshare presentation full kitchen pools and hot tubs red rocks one bedroom unit washer and dryer adult pool concierge desk mid week cleaning free gift living room high pressure west side
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed in an efficiency at the Sedona Summit for 5 weeks in early 2012, and I found it to be a very nice place. I got a great price on it, so that helped also. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and I had a gorgeous view out of my unit. I would definitely stay there again! My only complaint was that they charge $7.95 per day for WIFI service - but there are two computers in the lobby area that you can use...

Room Tip: Call a week in advance and ask for a view of the red rocks... Buildings 1 and 2 have fabulous views!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

We really appreciate your review here on tripadvisor.

We especially appreciate your 5 week stay with us. Thank you very much for mentioning on how nice the resort was and how you found our service from staff to be friendly and nice. We appreciate our owners and guests who stay with us. We know we are a huge resort with many guests and employees. But, I want all to know that we are here for you. We may have 475 check ins on the week end, but you are the first check in for us. You will not be disappointed at the Sedona Summit, all we have to know is what you want so we can paint an expectation for you. It sounds like we did that here and appreciate you for noting for all.

Thank you for mentioning the 2 free internet kiosks in the lobby. Many take advantage of them on a daily basis.

We look forward to you return stay with us and we will continue working hard. Thank you for your business and see you soon.

Michael.Pena@Diamondresorts.com

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We returned to Sedona to celebrate our wedding anniversary and instead of staying in the beautiful Adobe Graham Inn, like we did on our honeymoon, we thought we would use an RCI exchange. Sedona is truly a magical place and our previous experience had been perfect. We arrived at 2 PM along with many others. As soon as you enter the lobby, the peace and serenity of Sedona is lost. To the right is the check in area and to the left is the "concierge" area. Everyone was talking at once and the noise level was extremely high. We were told our room was not quite ready but we could complete our paperwork and she would place a priority rush on our room and call my cell phone when it was ready. As soon as we turned around someone from the other side swooped down on us and told us we needed to come over to get our welcome package. Of course the "welcome package" is nothing more than a sales pitch pushing you to attend a 90 minute presentation. We did get some helpful brochures and suggested ideas for activities that of course had to be booked through her. After this pushy presentation we took a seat in the extended lobby waiting for our call to get our room. I watched as several other couples and families came in and got their rooms while we sat there. I checked my cell phone and saw I had no signal so I went back to the desk to see if anyone had called and maybe the call did not go through. This was at 3, an hour after we had arrived. Again I sat in the lobby waiting. At 3:35 my husband went to the desk and asked when the room will be ready since we had been waiting for an hour and a half and he was told that technically check in was 4! My husband mentioned that we had seen several others check in and get their rooms. We finally got our keys and a map at 3:40. This just made us feel like a number and a potential sale for a timeshare. Not a good way to start our stay.
Helpful hints:
*Don't arrive before 4PM
*Be firm and tell the "concierge" NO to the sales appointment
*Do NOT expect a nice view of the red rocks. Only a few of the rooms are positioned with balconies facing the red rocks which are far off in the distance.
*In the one bedroom, the kitchen window is worthless as the shade is kept closed if you want any privacy. So that leaves windows only on one side.
*The only mirror is in the bathroom.
*Fireplace, TVs, appliances, kitchen equipment all very nice.
*Safeway is close and a good place to stock up on groceries. Be sure and get a Safeway card at the customer service desk so you get the sale prices. Only have to provide name and phone number.
*Watch channel 16 Red Rock channel for some great information on places to see and things to do.
*Some of the buildings are older and are in need of refreshing carpet and furnishings. Yes you guessed it, we got an older unit with a view of the swimming pool and had to close our sliding door after two hours of hearing Marco Polo being screamed over and over.
*Final tip-Check out other places before you stay here. We will NEVER come back here. There are too many other great choices in Sedona and Oak Creek.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
1  Thank SPARKLELasVegas

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review here on tripadvisor. We appreciate you sharing with all of us.

By reading your review it sounds like you arrived a couple of hours before check in time. Sometimes we have rooms available earlier than our check in time of 4PM. Depending on what your room is (Standard, Mesa and Sunset) will determine where you are staying. Also, if you have specific requests or restrictions where you can stay will determine how fast we can check you in. It sounds that we did check you in a little before check in time and you were able to get into your room at our check in time (4PM). Early arrivals can always enjoy our facilities and locker rooms as we put their room on priority. As we run into heavy occupancy we are going to focus on our 4PM check in time on a regular basis.

Sorry to hear that you did not find our concierges helpful. I mentioned in a previous review that we are consistently getting positive reviews on our concierge department by name. It really is a good experience to check out all the fun offers that are available to you. Many select to go on them and take advantage of the tours (if qualified to do so). Nonetheless, we will take note of this review and get with our concierge department to review.

To request a room with a view you must make your reservation the furthest out in advance. Then request it. Waiting a week before your arrival is a 50/50 chance. I do not recommend waiting a week or less out to do so. I do recommend at least requesting a view unit at least 90 days out from your arrival. This gives us a better chance. However, many owners book a year in advance and reserve the view. So there is a few tips for tripadvisor readers to consider when vacation planning. A reviewer once told me “It doesn’t hurt to ask”. That is what we are here for to do at the Summit and that is to Listen.

I am sorry to hear that you will not be coming back to the Sedona Summit. I am confident that should you change your mind and come back to the Sedona Summit that your stay will exceed your expectations. We thank you for your business with us and wish you the best on your future vacation travels.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

We did a timeshare swap and stayed at Sedona Summit in February for 6 nights. Our 2 bedroom condo was very nicely furnished and up to date. We were across the street from the check-in builidng in a complex with great views of the red rocks.

I highly recommend avoiding the conceige and welcome center if you want to enjoy your vacation. Its not worth the discounts you might get for a pike jeep tour or something else. We avoided the timeshare sales push and had a wonderful stay at Sedona Summit.

Location is good. On the edge of town but near the roads up to prime hiking and off road trails. Good hiking trail behind the high school too (within walking distance of resort to trailhead).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SDboy4
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Thank you very much for your review and comment on our quality accommodations. We will continue working on our quality rooms to maintain them in that very condition.

Sorry to read that you did not find our concierges and welcome center to your liking. It sounds like you were able to review with them some of the discounts. Usually, we get many compliments on our concierges on how helpful they were. As a matter of fact majority of them are mentioned by name on trip advisor as being very helpful concierges and providing World Class service. Please know that no matter which department you’re visiting with we all are on the same team and are striving to earn your loyalty.

The Sedona Summit is located in a great area for hiking, biking, sightseeing and much more. You will not be disappointed with the Sedona Summit.

I thank you very much for sharing your feedback with all of us here and thank you for your business. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Michael.Pena@diamondresorts.com

Reviewed 12 March 2012

So your first impression may not be the best due to your 'welcome packet" from the timeshare team. But if you are not interested just say "no" and don't give them a creditcard for a $25 deposit to hold your spot for a timeshare sales pitch. After I refused to share a creditcard we not bothered by them again. W
We had a one bedroom suite that more than met our needs for our 3 day stay. It was spacious and outfitted nicely. The Sedona Summit is in a great location as long as you have a car. It's a quick drive to town and other activities. Please note that rooms have different views. Our view was of the fitness room. If we were going to be in the room more I would have asked for another room. First floor rooms have patios while the 2nd floor have balconies.
The pools and hot tubs were clean and not crowded....fitness room very adequate. Our 1 bedroom suite had a washer and dryer which came in very handy after our ATV tour!
I would recommend this facility.

Room Tip: see if you can get a room with a view of the Red Rocks!
4  Thank buckelisttraveler
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

We appreciate your excellent review.

I know it is tough to get a view on the second floor at the Sedona Summit. There really is a few in comparison. But, rest assured that we will continue to look and see what we have at any given moment. Most importantly know that no matter where your unit is we value the experience that you are going to have while staying with us. Your room will be clean and in good working order. We value our service culture and live by it. Our “Meaning of Yes” service culture is the best one I have ever worked for and believe in. I wake up every morning happy to go to the Sedona Summit to make our guests happy. You see we know that you have it tough at work, or at home and when you go on vacation you have very high expectations. We will meet those expectations and earn your loyalty.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and the amenities such as the fitness center and pool areas.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Michael.Pena@Diamondresorts.com

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We exchanged through interval for a one bedroom. Thanks to trip advisor we asked for a second floor room and we got one overlooking the poolnwith a pretty nice view # 416. We werevtold there were very limited one bdrms with full views. The property is well maintained, we were in the sunset villas. Was not crazy about the living room decor and the stools were a bit stained! The applaines were ss and brand new, the bathroom with a huge shower and separate wc!
A nice garden jacuzzi tub. Most importantly nice sheets ( double sheeted) between a down comforter. This was better than alot of properties we have exchanged for through interval. Parking was plentiful. There were many activities which we did not participate in but were offered. There was of course the usual sales push but a firm no and avoiding the concierge was enough. There is an excellent chamber of commerce in town so if you wish to avoid the pushy concierge just go there for info!

Room Tip: Ask for room facing red rocks and second floor
1  Thank mahopac

We are happy to read your review and that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Sedona Summit.

In the units we take very good care of them. As our resort continues to increase in occupancy and arrivals we are continuously looking at the road ahead to keep our rooms in pristine condition. I often read about room issues that guests post about and so far we have been grateful that we have had an action plan for each of them mentioned. We listen to our guests and manage our business by what our guests like in a resort. Our customer comes first and we will continue to listen.
Thank you for mentioning the room areas that you enjoyed and experienced. We appreciate sharing with all of us.

We value your business and thank you for it. We look forward to your next stay with us.