“Hopi Indian Reservation”

Sedona Sacred Earth
Ranked #5 of 93 Tours in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Private, personalized journeys, hikes, healing retreats and unique excursions through Sedona,Grand Canyon,Hopi and Navajo Reservations with emphasis on spiritual visitation to sacred sites and indigenous teachings. We specialize in pilgrimage-oriented contemplative and educational journeys throughout Northern Arizona and the greater Southwest. Three to seven day highly personalized healing and restorative retreats are available. We can facilitate large groups(up to 60)as well as solo travelers.
Nashville, TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Hopi Indian Reservation”
Reviewed 7 August 2010

We visited the Hopi Indian Reservation outside Sedona, AZ with our giude, Clint Frakes. The day was amazing! Clint arranged for us to meet with a family on the reservation which made the experience extremely personal. Our nephew immediately became friends with the other children and they played all day. We were able to travel throughout the reservation and learn about the rich culture. Then we adjourned to a lunch prepared by our new friends! We left having had a day we will always remember. We stayed in contact with our new friends through Clint, who was an amazing guide and travel companion. We would recommend this encounter to anyone traveling to Sedona.

33 Thank TNToms

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Oakland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful, balanced way to see and learn about Sedona”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

If you are going to Sedona, find Clint at Sacred Earth Tours. We did, and our time with him was one of the most memorable parts of our trip.

We hiked a bit, visited a vortex, and learned about geology and the plants of the area. We stopped at Oak Creek and also wandered to a special place up off the trail. We learned about Sedona, the Hopi, and about Clint.

Looking back, what made the tour so good was Clint himself. He's about the most knowledgeable, easy-going person you'll ever meet. He's lived a full, varied life that makes him a person you just want to hang out and talk to for a while. He has a spiritual, yet balanced, point of view as it relates to the Earth, the Sedona area, and the people there. And, as a poet, he has a wonderful take on language - which helps create an experience that you won't forget.

One tip:
We communicated with Clint at the last minute, and only via the web site and email. In hindsight, this wasn't the best way to do things. We should have just called him. Clint likes to get to know you, and to tailor the trip to your interests. We did this on the fly when we arrived. It was great, but I think if I were to do it all over again I would have called him first and planned out the day a little more. He really is a one-man show, is not commercial, and wants your experience to be an A+. Having that initial phone conversation is an important first step in that I think

19 Thank amason42
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“I had a Fantastic Spiritual Sedona Journey with Clint Frakes at Sedona Sacred Earth.”
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Clint allows for a magical journey specific to the needs of his clients. With Clint’s guidance, I was able to connect with Sedona in a new vibration, grounding with nature in all of its knowledge, beauty, and most importantly, its connection to my soul. I was able to experience an opening and grounding of my heart center to the land in a way that I have not before. Now that I am back home, I see that my communication with others has improved dramatically, allowing my open heart to be shown and felt by others. I highly recommend any type of journey with Clint.

19 Thank Lhfox
Miami, Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“Exceptional Sedona Tour”
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My wife and I decided to take advantage of the Independence Day weekend and take in Phoenix. We both thought of spending one of those days in Sedona. Checking out the best way to take advantage of this we elected to utilize the services of Sacred Earth Tours and Clinton Frakes. My wife and I like to take, see and experience different and unique features of places we travel. We were not there to take in the local arts galleries and craft stores. I had scheduled our tour two weeks in advance with a short phone call with Clint and a simple deposit on line. Arrangements were made when and where to meet. A local coffee shop was chosen. Java Love is a local favorite and we soon realized that we were in good hands for the day. After a brief discussion we decided on hiking Cathedral Rock. Clint provided us a history of the area going back millions of years. It made the area a little more special. Along the trails his information on the flora provided us with a wealth of information on how the native Indians were able to use them as medicine. Taking us on several paths less traveled enabled us to see stone etchings in the mountain providing some of the history of the people from that area. A stop at a small stream cooled us off from the late morning sun. The hike was perfect. Clint provided us with enough information to interest us but not too much to feel like we were back in school.
After a brief lunch we were off again. This time he chose Secret Valley. Clint briefed us on the history of the area and some of the local folklore before we arrived. Again Clint picked a perfect place to take in the scenery of Sedona. We had the valley to our selves and were really able to appreciate the nature of the area. Along the way, Clint provided us with a unique educational experience of the area. We finally arrived back at his car at around 6:30pm. We had no idea that we had spent almost ten hours with him. All in all my wife and I felt that we had taken full advantage of the short time we had in Sedona. If you want to see the arts and crafts more time is definitely needed. With his years of experience in the area and being someone of true character and peace with the land, Clint will provide you a specialized tour of the area taking into consideration your desires and physical abilities.

19 Thank Cozysdad
Manchester, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Laugh, think, and cry!”
Reviewed 8 July 2010

What an incredibly knowledgeable gentleman, Clint Frakes! He is passionate about Sedona and the natural, physical, emotional, and spiritual dimensions of the area. He brings a one-on-one connection to his "tour" which is not a fair term. Our time with Clint was really awesome! He asked about our interests and then led us to off-the-beaten path sites we would not have found on our own. It was truly memorable for us! His humor, ability to teach new knowledge, and reflection on spiritual roots could reduce one to tears. It was a moving experience! Thank you Clint!

16 Thank spiralrippleeffect