“Perfect Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Yorba Linda, California
“Perfect Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

This was the perfect location to choose as a getaway. The breakfast each day was delicious and amazing. The room was clean and comfortable with Southwestern touches. The atmosphere was relaxing and the property was beautiful. Irith and Sam were helpful planning our day and gave us info on the best places to visit and the best routes to take to get there. They both made us feel welcome and were very attentive during our stay. We are looking forward to returning!
John and Linda
2/29/2012

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was my first visit to Sedona and my wife picked Boots and Saddles for our 4 night stay. A friend of ours from India was visiting and he joined us on this trip as well. The B&B is located just a little off the main road, close to the center of town and the views around are gorgeous....red and rocky! The setting is very homey and the rooms are spacious with a western theme, but with modern amenities......great llok and very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning is 8:30am...a little early when you're on vacation....but not to miss! Sam and Irith alternate as hosts and the food is sumptuous and delicius....we were too full every day and had to skip lunch. Sam and Irith are great at giving you run-down on Sedona and helping you plan your trip....the must see sights, the restaurants and whatever else you want! If you go to Sedona enjoy the hospitality of Boots and Saddles.....an experience to remember.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sunil B
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed at Boots and Saddles based on, as always, the TA posts. This was my 2nd visit to Sedona and, although I loved the last place I stayed, this time I wanted a view. Turned out, Boots is about 50 paces from the previous B&B. Irith greeted us very warmly and she turned out to be what made our visit this time so memorable and heartwarming. Irith began by sitting us down in the common area and letting us know all the interesting spots in Sedona as well as the great restaurants. Then she showed us to our room, The Ghost Rider (we tried to get the Sacred Feather, but it was booked well in advance),was gorgeous and the huge, walk-in shower with 2 heads was to die for!! Very well decorated and I especially enjoyed the partial view of the red rocks and the fact that the window by the bathroom sink opens so you can hear the lower level fountain which created a wonderful and peaceful sound floating into the bedroom. So relaxing! By the way, I love lights that dim to set a mood and I rarely see this when I travel, but Boots had them.
After Irith left, we headed out for a walk. I had no idea this B&B was so close to a phenomenal hike - we ended up hiking to the summit of Chimney Rock and it was stunningly beautiful at the top (only took about 50 minutes to get to the top). I can't even tell you how amazing the photo ops are up there. We came down at sunset which set the stage for more breathtaking photos.
I'm not a big breakfast person, but Irith talked them up so much, I decided - what they hey. I'm glad I did. Not only did they make exceptional meals, the folks at our table were so interesting and pleasant; one girl was gluten free and Irith created a special breakfast for her. A nice touch was that Irith announced to the group as a whole what we were being served so there was no wondering what we were about to eat. Apparently, there are only 7 rooms, so on any given day, there are no more than 14 people in the common area having breakfast - very cozy. Right after breakfast, she ushers folks over to the sitting area where she explains in detail the options for what to do - hiking, shopping, side trips, etc. She knows her stuff and I'm glad I deferred to her.
Part of what stands out at Boots is the attention to detail; on our last day there an unexpected snowstorm hit and while we were all having breakfast, I could see Sam scraping off snow from the windshields of each of the guests' vehicles - how nice. The snow, by the way, made for some unforgettable photographs I will always cherish.
The morning we left we skipped breakfast because we had to get to Phoenix for our flight. When I went into the common area to turn in our keys, Irith greeted us enthusiastically and offered to pack breakfast for us (I actually didn't realize they served breakfast on Mondays; I assumed it was only the weekends). We declined, but she was so nice. Dare I admit I actually got slightly teary eyed upon our departure? Yeah, I admit it.... and cannot wait to go back!!

Room Tip: I preferred upstairs for the view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed here for a romantic weekend in February. Sam and Irith are wonderful hosts. The breakfast is to die for! They are so full of knowledge about the area and are extremely helpful. The room was spectacular! Comfy. Cozy. Romantic. You must stay in a room with a hottub.
This place is beyond amazing I would not even spend time looking for another place. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed February 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

This was our first trip to Sedona--needless to say my husband and I were blown away. Sam and Irith provided excellent advice for trails and restaurants in and around Sedona and for a day trip to the grand canyon. The Gentleman Cowboy room, with the two person tub overlooking the red rocks and the fireplace, was perfect for relaxing after a long day. Sam's creations for breakfast were delicious. We will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple