“best views without a helicopter”
Review of Mount Wilson Trail

Mount Wilson Trail
Ranked #67 of 157 things to do in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: A full-day hike takes hikers up 7,000 feet.
Reviewed 26 April 2017

long hike with lots of elevation but well worth it. snow in the winter and hot in the summer so for me it is seasonal. very little shade so be ready for lots of sun. take plenty of water. trail is well done and easy to follow. for me the best view is the city view which takes a mile off the total hike but the canyon, north, view is also amazing.

1  Thank brent b
There are newer reviews for Mount Wilson Trail

Reviewed 30 March 2017

This hike isn't as popular as others, so if you are looking to avoid the crowds park North of Sedona off the Hwy 89a at the Midgley Bridge parking area. We checked out the view of the bridge and the creek below and then made our way up the Mount Wilson Trail. This is a moderate to difficult hike so be prepared. The trail is well marked and slightly uphill for most of the way. some parts are shaded, but you are mostly in the sun, so wear a hat and bring water. Beautiful views, great exercise, and the quiet calm of the mountains for the most part. I vote they stop the scenic helicopter flights in Sedona because of the noise that echoes on all hikes in the area! The trail did have a sign saying "No Drone area." FYI This is the tallest Mountain around Sedona at 7100 feet. The mountain and canyon below are named after a bear hunter named Richard Wilson who was killed there by a grizzly bear back in 1885.

1  Thank mahdeeyo
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Amazing. We climbed from the bridge to the peak even though we hit 6 inches of snow in some parts. What a view. Saw three deer on the way back down. 6 hr, 9 miles and 2500 feet elevation gain.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

A Great long hike with BEAUTIFUL views! I hiked Mount Wilson for the second times and I want to do as much as I can. The further I get in this trail the beautiful it gets, you can see everything from up there. I have my life there!

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Hiked this trail by first following the branch that goes down by the creek/river, then took the branch that climbs the mountain. A well hiked trail with the usual rocks encountered on most Sedona trails. Views are nice at various points of the hike.