“Delicious!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,410 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: USD 50 - USD 80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My 19 year old son and I went for a casual Monday night (Nov 12th) dinner. This was our first time at The Capital Grill, we choose it based on Trip Advisor reviews as well as location (we just recently bought a vacation home 2km away). Our first impressions was "Wow look at this place!" A grand building, a valet out front and many fancy vehicles in the parking lot. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess as well as the GM or maitre d. Off to a great start! The restaurant is decorated "old school" yet the vibe is loud and bustling. It was very busy which surprised me considering it was a Monday! Our server Jose was very pleasant, my only criticism of the night was that he could have been more attentive. I wanted to order another pre dinner cocktail but he never came around again, only to serve our appetizers. The server who delivered my wine was very friendly and stopped for a little chat. We both really liked her. Our appetizers, Cesar salad and tomato and burrata were delicious. Our meal equally so, my son had the filet and I had the Alaska king crab legs. Both cooked perfectly and high on flavor. Shared sides were mashed potatoes and asparagus. We are seasoned diners of high end steak houses and both very much enjoyed our evening. Overall our meal was fantastic, we will definitely be back!

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

This feels like a big, bold, expensive steak house... but it has a very diverse and balanced menu. The food is very good and portions are generous. Remember this is a high end chain, which means you should not expect any foodie type menus or chef inspired cuisine.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Brandon was our server and was amazing. Swordfish, lobster Mac and cheese, Brussels sprouts were all amazing. Will be back again!!

Reviewed 22 October 2018

My wife and I, along with two of our friends, went to the Capital Grille for dinner this past weekend. We have been there several times in the past (the last time was last Thanksgiving). This is our most recent trip. Sadly, the place seems to be declining. Our opinion:
1. Service was marginal at best. Nelson was our waiter and although a decent enough guy, hardly paid any attention to us. He seemed overwhelmed by the the four tables he had to serve. Maybe new, maybe not. Overall, not good.
2. Food was average at best. Shrimp cocktail appetizer, for instance, was rubbery and not cold.
3. Salmon entrees for the ladies were good. Steak for the other two adequate. Mine was undercooked severely and had to be sent back. Took twenty minutes for it to come back and by that time, the other three were completed with their meal.
4. Was two of our birthday's and the front desk personnel was made aware of this upon entry. Not once was it recognized by the staff. Desert was never even offered at all.
5. Overall, a medium to weak outing. There are plenty of steak places in Scottsdale and if they want to gain our business again, they will have to raise their game. At $100 a head, they need to deliver a first rate experience and this was not.
Hope this helps.

Date of visit: October 2018
Justin S, Guest Relations Manager at The Capital Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

We appreciate your, your wife, and friends celebrating with us over the weekend and wish everything would have been absolutely perfect, Gary. It was a special night and we regret hearing about everything including the difficulty we had with your steak. As you can imagine, we would have wanted to get it prepared just right so you could enjoy it at the same time as your dining companions. Please accept our sincere apologies for leaving you less than delighted in so many areas the other evening.

We certainly promise to use this feedback to our benefit, but I wanted to share my contact information in case you wanted to speak more about the meal or service you experienced. My email address for your convenience is Justin.Scruton@tcgdine.com.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

6 of us celebrating a reunion had dinner on Saturday October 6th. A couple from Pasadena, a couple from Steamboat Springs and us from Park City. Our waiter was beyond professional, and helped each of us select our appetisers and meals. The wine list was superb and every item we ordered was perfectly done.
I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. We are a very picky group and everyone loved it.

Date of visit: October 2018