1,683 results
All reviews guest lounge front desk jacuzzi tub rooms are small pool area old town scottsdale nice pool mini fridge short drive phoenix area coffee maker spring training tempe comforter laundry computers retro
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Beautiful decor, friendly staff, comfortable clean rooms. If you are lucky you'll get a room with the view of the park. I lucked up on a great rate which made it even better. Has just become my place to stay if in Phoenix-Scottsdale area!

Trip type: Travelled solo
AdamS9827, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

We are excited to be your home away from home when you visit the Phoenix-Scottsdale area. We will keep up the hard work, with the goal that all guests have a similar experience to yours.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

3 palms is a great place to stay! Central location close to the Zoo and old town Scottsdale. Rooms are clean, updated, and have modern fixtures. They accommodated my super early check in which was lovely! Lobby is small but very pretty! The hotels location next to the park was perfect for our four legged family member.

Cons:
Water pressure wasn’t the best
Pillows were flat
Not all the TV Channels worked

Make sure to get a room away from the pool as the walls are thin and you can hear people yelling and playing the the pool as early as 8 am (no sleeping in) and as late as 10 pm ( no going to bed early)

Overall great experience and would stay again!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We are happy to see you had such a wonderful experience. Our location close to Old Town Scottsdale, and adjacent to the beautiful El Dorado Park, only enhances the value of a stay here. Thank you for letting us know of areas where we can try to improve our guest experience for the future. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Scottsdale!

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I picked 3 Palms because it was super close to a conference I was attending and the reviews were decent. I’m sad to say that I was overall unimpressed with my stay. The description by the company of a stunning lobby, sparkling pool, and popular hotel I don’t feel matched what you should actually expect when staying at 3 Palms. I think the hotel is due for another remodel. While there are some nice design features to the lobby and rooms like the tile and countertops, you can tell it hasn’t been redone in a while now, or everything is to the point where it’s pretty well used. When I sat at the check in desk in the lobby, the chair cushions were flat and deflated and it teetered to one side. When I arrived in my room, it smelled a little musty, maybe of cigarettes smoked a long, long time ago in the room. That smell you can never quite kick. The tub looked like it needed to be refinished, the finish was dull. I also immediately noticed how thin the walls were as I kept hearing the conversations other guests were having outside my door and from the room next door.

In the morning, I was going to go use the fitness center. I walked by the pool and while it looked clean, I noticed the fabric on the pool chairs was faded by the sun and sagging from overuse. When I got to the fitness center, it had a very odd smell, the lighting and layout were odd, equipment was old and both treadmills wouldn’t work even though they were plugged in. One wouldn’t turn on at all and the other, the numbers were just flashing and flickering on the screens... I decided to run in the park behind the hotel instead which was lovely.

Pros: the staff were decently friendly, standard customer service, nothing overwhelming really. The sheets were crisp and clean so I was glad to have a clean place to lay my head that night, but I was glad I only had a one night stay.

I will not consider staying at 3 Palms again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
AdamS9827, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

I am happy to see that your encounters with our staff, and our bedding were highlights of your recent stay. All of our fitness center equipment is in full working condition, many of them have safety magnets that must be engaged and clipped to your clothing, so that they would automatically turn off if you step off. Those are traditionally on red cords attached to the machine. Our hotel is in the process of planning the next phase of our renovation which will take place next year. As you mentioned, we are conveniently located next to lovely El Dorado Park, which features running trails, a lake, and disc golf. Please make sure to come visit us after our renovation is completed next year, you will be quite impressed with the transformation.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

The title of this review says it all. One last comment- if you can get a room looking out to the park go for it. I was looking for clean, economical lodging, preferably with a pool, in Scottsdale for a few days while on a personal trip. 3 Palms exceeded my expectations.
Old Town is a short drive and it offers an array of attractions plus great food and drink.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Adventure820168
AdamS9827, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that our hardworking staff helped you have a great stay. For our location, our exceptional pool, and clean well appointed rooms, the value of a stay at the 3 Palms is hard to beat. We look forward to seeing you next time, and hope we earn that coveted 5th star.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I arrived at the 3 Palms August 2, 2018, a few hours late and badly windblown. My flight into Phoenix hadn't been able to land due to an astonishing dust storm -- I hear it's called a haboob in Arizona. As soon as we got on the ground, we learned we learned there were flash flood warnings. I drove to Scottsdale in standing water, navigating around fallen tree limbs, in the pitch dark.

Meanwhile, the friend I was supposed to meet was stranded at the 3 Palms waiting for me and I felt terrible about her predicament. BUT when I arrived, I found the gentleman on duty -- I think his name was Johnny, many pardons if that's wrong -- had allowed my friend the use of the guest lounge so she would at least be safe and comfortable.

In general, all the staff was friendly, the hotel was clean and comfortable, and I would stay there again -- but, I rarely take the time to write reviews. I'm writing this one because I didn't get a chance to thank Johnny personally for his extra hospitality toward my friend that night. Many thanks to him.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

We are glad to see that you had a great stay during your recent visit, and that our hardworking staff made the difference. We had quite an interesting Monsoon season this year, even our owner's own plane got rerouted that same night when trying to fly into Phoenix during that Dust Storm. I am glad that when you finally arrived safely, you had a comfortable, relaxing stay. Hopefully, on your next visit to Phoenix, the weather will be more in your favor. See you soon!