“Creme brulee oatmeal is the best I've had”

Sumo Maya Mexican Asian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Sumo Maya Mexican Asian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 1,335 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Asian, Mexican, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At SumoMaya Mexican-Asian Kitchen, craveable Tapas-style small plates meet the big, bold flavors of both Latin America and the Far East to create Scottsdale's most exciting dining destination.
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Fun interiors, open kitchen, interesting brunch menu. We arrived at 10:30am and no one was there. There are two courses with options of endless sharable appetizers and sides.

We got the Mexican sweet breads, scrambled eggs, and creme brulee oatmeal to share. My friend got the sweet potato waffles and I got the Wagyu steak with eggs. The stands outs: Sweet potato waffles which was covered in macerated berries was amazing. I was pleasantly surprised by the creme brulee oatmeal, it was so good I ordered seconds.

A bit pricier than the typical lunch fare but I enjoyed the experience and left wanting more creme brulee oatmeal.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

food is good but very small plates. Unable to share dishes LOL but is good food. Drinks are amazing!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

This place was so, so good! From the hip and trendy decor to the amazing food, I would highly recommend this restaurant. The rainbow ceviche was amazing as well as the Peruvian corn. We also ordered a couple of rolls that were fantastic. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 26 December 2017

The Mexican/ Asian combo is interesting. While good/ just didn't feel like the portions equalled the price of the food. Nice atmosphere but can see where it can get very loud quickly.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

The sushi and ceviche really fell flat here; I felt like I was eating rubber. The mexican dishes we ordered were decent as to be expected, as this is Arizona. We were coming from Chicago and the East Coast so our sushi standards are higher, but I would recommend skipping the sushi and ceviche here. The drinks were very tasty and the restaurant gives a club-like atmosphere which can be really fun for birthdays or special events.