1,921 results
All reviews mid century cafe zuzu mad men trader vics retro feel old town scottsdale retro style pool scene art galleries pool party free trolley pool view girls weekend main pool business meeting pool staff lounge chairs
Reviewed 7 December 2015

I recently had the pleasure of visiting Scottsdale for the first time and was lucky enough to be staying at the nicest/coolest hotel! Hotel Valley Ho has wonderful staff and great amenities. I only wish I could have stayed when it was warmer to take advantage of their pool! One thing I will say is they are a well oiled machine and the staff work well together. I would recommend for the business traveler there is no coffee as early as I would like there to be and the walls are a little thin -my neighbor snored! Loved the spa, the workout area and the decor. The restaurant was fab and the staff is second to none!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2015

Thank you for staying with us! We have complimentary coffee in our guest rooms, and ZuZu opens at 6 a.m. I'm sorry if it wasn't early enough for you to get your coffee. We appreciate your review.

Reviewed 5 December 2015

I spend about 150 nights a year in hotels, and they are mostly well known four and five star hotels known around the world. So when somebody asked me today - "What was the best hotel you stayed in this year?" I had to think - and the answer was "The Valley Ho." It was a quick business trip to Scottsdale and I only spent one night, but i really look forward to going back and spending some time at this unique and fun hotel.

You probably already know this is a mid-century gem, but you're wondering - is it going to feel like it was last remodeled in 1970? Answer - rest assured, it's FULLY remodeled and as modern and functional as any hotel you can think of, except the rooms are huge and the decor is fun and functional. (Warning - if you're looking for a Ritz-Carlton, this is NOT it!) The staff was fantastic - many have worked there for years, but everyone seemed to genuinely like their jobs. And if you like celebrity history, the second floor of the main tower has a shrine to Hollywood royalty who have been in residence.

I ate all three meals in the hotel's ZuZu restaurant. The food was creative, delicious and well priced. I rarely eat in hotel restaurants, but the menus were so enticing I wanted to try multiple items - so... there it was. They serve a great burger, but the onion rings stand out in my mind as being worth a trip even if you aren't staying here.

Yes, in full disclosure, it was a Sunday night and I did get an upgrade to a wonderful bi-level suite. And yes, this did contribute to my favorable opinion. But everything about the hotel exceeded my expectations.

As a hotel junkie, I asked maids on my floor to see "regular" rooms, and I would return and take a regular room in a minute. I especially liked the second floor unit I saw with the oversized daybeds on the balconies.

If you're looking for a place to hold a meeting, they have great space for groups.

There's a good lap pool, and large "resort style" pool, and a good gym. And it's three blocks to downtown Scottsdale, so arguably this is one of the few places in the valley where you can enjoy a vacation without a car.

Try the Valley Ho - you won't be sorry!

Room tip: If you want a view, ask for a poolside tower room on a higher floor.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ROBRTW
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2015

Wow, we are honored to be your favorite hotel stay of 2015! Thank you for the glowing review, we hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 2 December 2015

We had family coming into town for Labor Day, and thought a little stay-cation would be a fun way to break up the trip. We chose Hotel Valley Ho based on their central location and walkability to restaurants and nightlife, as well as their pet friendly policy.

We reserved two different upgrade room types. A "cabana guest room" for our guests who wanted close pool access and don't mind the noise associated with being next to the pool, and a "Tower Signature room" for us, who wanted a little more quiet. The cabana room was perfect for them. A huge patio area and right next to the pool entrance. They had no complaints about noise, and in fact said it was quiet.
The resort is SO dog friendly! We we arrived at our room, there were bowl and treats for our pup. Dogs are welcome anywhere on the ground EXCEPT inside ZuZu and not in the pool area. We ate meals on the patio on ZuZu and had great service.

Poolside service was excellent, and very attentive. We were able to get a large area in the shade, and stayed all day. We enjoyed drinks and lunch.

We didn't care for the location of our room. We were on the third floor, facing Camelback Mountain. We had a very small balcony, which we couldn't even use because the air conditioning units were on the roof right below our room. It was extremely loud. Opt for a room with a downtown view. The beds were very comfy, and as long as the balcony door was closed the room was quiet.

We will definitely go back!

Room tip: Chose a downtown view if on the 3rd floor, or ask for a higher floor to get nice views of Camelback and sunsets!
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2015

We are glad that you and your pup enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize you did not like the location of your room. We have a wide variety of rooms with view of the city, Camelback Mountain, pools, and grounds, and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 December 2015

Stellar stellar stellar. Walking distance from Old Town Scottsdale, a martini shaped pool, excellent food and cocktails, magnificent staff, it's my Disneyland, the happiest place on earth. Prepare to leave everything behind when you walk in. Not just because of the retro-modern chic decor but the vibe of the whole place and desire to never leave. And the attention to detail in the rooms, be it the regular rooms or the Tower suites, are impeccable. I want to retire here, no lie, and apparently they offer some of the rooms as condos. So that is my goal when I grow up, to live and die in the Tower Suites!

Room tip: I guess a room away from the main pool would be quieter, if that's what you're looking for. But who wants quiet? Live a little!
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us. You can in fact purchase a unit in The Tower! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2015

We had a ground floor room with patio and gate that opened onto the lap pool
Nice large room and great bathroom. Helpful staff, yummy breakfast, and good bar scene
Walk to main street with lots of art galleries and easy walk to Scottsdale waterfront and all the restaurants. You can also walk to the Scottsdale Contemporary Art Museum and old town. Lots of self parking which you don't pay for.

Room tip: The rooms that have access to the lap pool are really nice (quiet too)
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RhonC
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2015

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your review!