“Different in a Great Way......”
Review of Hotel Valley Ho

Hotel Valley Ho
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Iowa
“Different in a Great Way......”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This 1950's built hotel has both evolved and morphed into something extraordinary and exciting. I am sure it had bad moments as the years went by but someone took a chance and turned this into a spectacularly different upscale dessert/urban destination. The rooms (this visit it was a suite....Room 409) are retro and have everything you could want for both comfort and enjoyment. Ask for the pool side view if you are in the high rise (7 stories?) building. Room service is prompt and courteous and the pool staff friendly and fast. They have bicycles to rent and are near the Arizona canal (or whatever it is called) that has a nice bikable trail next to it. You are also very close....nicely walkable....to lots of shopping and non-hotel restaurants. Rooms are not cheap but well worth the price.

Room Tip: Ask which direction your assigned room faces if you are in the high rise building. You don't wan...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
I'm please you had such a pleasant stay! I also like the pool-view rooms in The Tower (which is 7 stories, you are correct). There are definitely a lot of great places to bike nearby, which is a good way to work off a meal! Be sure to follow us on Facebook or Twitter to hear about our latest deals. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Angels Camp, California
Reviewed 26 January 2012

The staff at this hotel is amazing. It seems that they are trying to anticipate your needs and be ready and waiting for you. The grounds are immaculate and beautiful as well as the guest rooms. The spa facility is "oh so peaceful and relaxing". I have been a guest there several times and every experience is equally awesome! Thank you Valley Ho.

Room Tip: You need to specify if you want a bathtub, otherwise you could end up with a shower only.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our spa, grounds, and rooms! While most of our rooms have bathtubs, a few do not, so it is a good idea to request one specifically if you like to have one. We hope to see you again soon!
Fort Polk, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My friends and I stayed for a girls weekend to treat ourselves to spa treatments and a night in Old Town. The service here is top notch! From the valet to the room service, everyone was on their "A" game. It is clear this hotel prides itself on Customer Service. The hotel is modern and simple - we stayed in the king basic room with a pool view. The room was clean and nice. The SPA treatments were excellent. They hire well trained professionals and I truly enjoyed the massage and makeup - although I wouldn't sit in the sauna. All around, nice stay. I prefer more elegance, so I won't be staying there again. But, I would definately recommend it to friends.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
I'm glad you and your girlfriends had such a fun time at the hotel! It definitely has a fun, mid-century look to it. We appreciate the recommendation, even though it's not quite your style. Thank you for your review!
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Decor is strangely reminiscent of the movie swingers. Hotel has a 50s motif done tastefully. Got an awesome rate through the hotel tonight app on my iphone. My only complaint was that they had a very tiny self parking lot, almost forcing you to pay 14 bucks for the valet unless you want to do street parking. Room was surprisingly spacious and even had small balcony making it almost perfect if traveling with your dog as we were. Food and service at the restaurant was decent. If not for the parking, this place definitely deserves 5 stars.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank s3jwang
I'm glad you enjoyed the 1950s style of the hotel. For any future visits, I want to let you know that we do have two self-parking lots that are complimentary, along with the complimentary street parking and paid overnight parking in a secure, underground lot. Our valet team will be happy to direct you to these lots (one off 68th Street, one off 69th Street) on your next visit. We hope to welcome you back!
Chicago
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed here in November, and forgot to write a review. I stayed for 5 days and had a great experience. I booked a Tower King Suite, which was extremely spacious. For the last two days, I got an adjoining bedroom for my parents, which opened up into the suite. The space was great - the bathroom was large, there was a nice kitchen space with breakfast bar, and the balcony was good.

I went to the spa twice, and loved it. They ran some really good specials at that time, which I took advantage of.

The bar scene at the Zuzu bar was good every night. Quite a few people. Good drinks. My only recommendation is that their bar menu could be a little better.

The front desk people were incredible nice and helpful. I had a great time, and would definitely stay here again when I return to Scottsdale.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank radio77
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
The Tower Suite King is a great choice - I love that room! I'm glad you took advantage of our spa specials - we have different ones that run every week throughout the year in addition to monthly specials. I also like the drinks at ZuZu (especially the Bramble). If you can let us know what improvements you'd like to see regarding the food at the bar, we'd love to hear your input. We look forward to welcoming you back! Happy travels.