“A little pricey but delicious”

Tandoori Times 2 Indian Bistro
Ranked #424 of 1,341 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Indian
Description: We bring the best ethnic cuisine from the northern frontiers of India to the valley of sun. "Best od Phoenix" and "Readers Choice" award winner. Serving at two locations , Scottsdale and Glendale
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I liked the ambiance here. Food was above average. A little too expensive. Buffet is over priced. Al-a-carte is fine.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My Indian brother in law brought us here for good Indian food. He made a good choice. We ordered our food mild and it had just enough kick to make it good. I will return here next time I visit. It was very good.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Ordered on line because they don't answer the phone. On line site said ready in about 30 min. Turned out to be an hour and a half. My order kept being put behind orders of people who came in for seating and their orders took forever. I can't overstate the discomfort of waiting that long while being told by a server my order was about ready. I waited about another 45 minutes after the first time I was told that. I will never go in there again and will feel bad being within two blocks of the place.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

It was a trick to find this place; however, we were glad we kept looking. After a long day of traveling and shopping for Thanksgiving dinner, my husband and I wanted something close by our resort and Indian food is always a choice for us.
My husband had the lamb korma, one of his favorites and said it was very good and well spiced. I had the chicken curry and was very pleased. Really good food. We each added a side dish to our dinner, seasoned rice for him and the plain butter naan for me. Very tasty, I even took what was left of the naan back to the resort for breakfast the next day.
The service was also exceptional; however, the place also wasn't very busy.
The decor was fairly traditional.
We will be sure to visit again when in Scottsdale.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I've been eating at Tandoori Times for dinner off and on for about 8 years, so I can give a review that'll encompass multiple experiences.

What keeps me coming back is the chili paneer. When I first started going, this was something that was on the menu as an entrée. Now, however, it's only available at happy hour as a starter or if you want it stuffed in naan.

The other items on the menu are pretty good, too. I enjoyed the Nihari special that they have on Saturday nights, and my mom enjoyed her chicken curry. Vindaloo used to be one of our go-to entrees, but there are other items that Tandoori Times does better. (Frankly, I found their vindaloo too salty.)

The service is the biggest variable, even within the same visit. I've had experiences where the service has been great. I've had a few where it's been mediocre. It really depends on whether you're going for Happy Hour, during a time where they have belly dancing, or if you're outside of those times. Overall, however, it's mostly good.

Personally, I can take or leave the belly dancing. The music that they play is loud, so it makes it really hard to hear the conversation I'm having with the other person at my table. Plus, belly dancers really aren't my thing. However, I know I'm in the minority on that one, so I'll take my lumps.