“Overpriced for the food and quality”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Ranked #250 of 1,345 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: USD 40 - USD 80
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Kierland Commons
Cross street: Scottsdale Road
Description: What began in Chicago in 1978 is now one of the most award-winning steakhouses around. For over 30 years, Morton's The Steakhouse has been on a mission to provide "The Best Steak… Anywhere." Focusing on quality, consistency and genuine hospitality, Morton's seeks to provide not only memorable cuisine, but a memorable experience. With fresh, succulent seafood and famed USDA prime-aged steak, it's no surprise that Morton's has thrilled diners all over the world. For a glimpse of a higher standard of steakhouse, come see the legendary Morton's experience for yourself.
Reviewed 16 February 2018

2-10-2018... Being a committed carnivore, I love a great steak; not the amount but the quality!!!
Let me qualify this review first by saying I have been to Morten's a number of times. Normally it is fabulous! This last time was very disappointing, and for the money,$200.00 for 2, we will probably NOT return.
While the service is always attentive, the food was lack luster and on par with, well...Red Lobster. I am not sure what they are peddling, but I can cook a better steak on my own grill at home with minimal spices/rub and will continue to do so!!!
Unless they respond to this directly and rectify my disappointment, we will not return and will go to Fleming's instead. Challenge tendered, waiting for a response; stay tuned.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Even in Scottsdale, as in each part of US, Morton’s offers one of the best steak you could find. The bone in ribeye is excellent, wonderful flavour, cooked exactly as you like. The kindness of the waiter has also to be underlighted

Reviewed 31 January 2018

If it wasn't for the music, I'd give them another half a star. Explain later on... We've enjoyed Morton's, here and when we lived in Chicago. Not the best steakhouse in AZ, but good, and some great specials. Their specials aren't cheap, but for what you get, great value.
Did the lobster steak special tonight. The lobster was outstanding, and a decent sized tail. The filet was so-so. Little bit tough, but flavorful. I'm an escargot nut. Hard to find these days. Morton's does a great job.
Our server was outstanding. Attentive, and great social skills. Easy to talk to.
Here is my gripe. The music piped into the dinning area. Some sort of "new age" type artsy stuff. Very annoying!! Whoever selects music for Morton's should be reassigned to a different job. They obviously don't have an ear for music...

Reviewed 11 January 2018

So you go to a steakhouse and drop $50 + for a steak, period. Add a cocktail or glass of wine, a sauce, maybe a side to share and a salad and you are easily over $100 per person. Part of the reason you do that is the experience, you are treated like a star, you are pampered and catered too. Or at least that is how it used to be, back in the day, 15 years ago or so Morton's was the best. Your too good to read a menu, your waiter rolls out the cart and shows you the actual steaks, explains all your choices, everything was the best of the best. I don't know if it was all the competition but they really started going down hill. Before this, the last time I went was like 6 years ago and it was truly awful. But my sister wanted to go and she was paying so I tried them again.
The first thing that I noticed was the $6 valet?? Really no complimentary valet when you have a giant parking lot right behind you?
Next when I wanted to taste 2 wines to decide I was told I could only try one ? and if I don't like it then what?
The food was actually very good, but the sides are definitely smaller than they used to be, I mean your charging $13 for left over baked potatoes covered in cheese sauce, you can add a bit more potato.
All in all it was good food, but not worth the price, if you are looking for the steakhouse experience there are far better options.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

You can get a better steak at numerous other restaurants in the Valley without spending a small fortune. We had a $100 gift certificate to Mortons and decided that we would use it one evening. So the three of us made reservations at Mortons....which were totally unnecessary since the restaurant was almost empty at the height of the AZ winter season...and arrived for dinner. The short story....the bill for three of us, after to $100 gift certificate was $260.55 which did not include a tip but the service was excellent since the place was almost empty at 7:30 PM. We will not be back!!!