“Always the best!”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #253 of 1,331 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: USD 40 - USD 80
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Kierland Commons
Cross street: Scottsdale Road
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Even in Scottsdale, as in each part of US, Morton’s offers one of the best steak you could find. The bone in ribeye is excellent, wonderful flavour, cooked exactly as you like. The kindness of the waiter has also to be underlighted

Reviewed 31 January 2018

If it wasn't for the music, I'd give them another half a star. Explain later on... We've enjoyed Morton's, here and when we lived in Chicago. Not the best steakhouse in AZ, but good, and some great specials. Their specials aren't cheap, but for what you get, great value.
Did the lobster steak special tonight. The lobster was outstanding, and a decent sized tail. The filet was so-so. Little bit tough, but flavorful. I'm an escargot nut. Hard to find these days. Morton's does a great job.
Our server was outstanding. Attentive, and great social skills. Easy to talk to.
Here is my gripe. The music piped into the dinning area. Some sort of "new age" type artsy stuff. Very annoying!! Whoever selects music for Morton's should be reassigned to a different job. They obviously don't have an ear for music...

Reviewed 11 January 2018

So you go to a steakhouse and drop $50 + for a steak, period. Add a cocktail or glass of wine, a sauce, maybe a side to share and a salad and you are easily over $100 per person. Part of the reason you do that is the experience, you are treated like a star, you are pampered and catered too. Or at least that is how it used to be, back in the day, 15 years ago or so Morton's was the best. Your too good to read a menu, your waiter rolls out the cart and shows you the actual steaks, explains all your choices, everything was the best of the best. I don't know if it was all the competition but they really started going down hill. Before this, the last time I went was like 6 years ago and it was truly awful. But my sister wanted to go and she was paying so I tried them again.
The first thing that I noticed was the $6 valet?? Really no complimentary valet when you have a giant parking lot right behind you?
Next when I wanted to taste 2 wines to decide I was told I could only try one ? and if I don't like it then what?
The food was actually very good, but the sides are definitely smaller than they used to be, I mean your charging $13 for left over baked potatoes covered in cheese sauce, you can add a bit more potato.
All in all it was good food, but not worth the price, if you are looking for the steakhouse experience there are far better options.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

You can get a better steak at numerous other restaurants in the Valley without spending a small fortune. We had a $100 gift certificate to Mortons and decided that we would use it one evening. So the three of us made reservations at Mortons....which were totally unnecessary since the restaurant was almost empty at the height of the AZ winter season...and arrived for dinner. The short story....the bill for three of us, after to $100 gift certificate was $260.55 which did not include a tip but the service was excellent since the place was almost empty at 7:30 PM. We will not be back!!!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

My wife and I made reservations here to celebrate 10 years dating on New Years day. Our experience was quite disappointing for what we paid and will certainly not go back. Our server took very long just to come by initially and we waited 30 mins just to get drinks when it wasn't even busy. He also seemed irritated when asking him questions and moreso over us wanting to split the 24oz porterhouse. I don't know about most, but a 48oz porterhouse for 2 seems way too much when a 24oz is around 1900 calories. He was really trying to sell us on getting the bigger cut and decided not to, which may have ticked him off some more. We still spent the same if not more with the extra salad and seafood platter on top of the 2 sides to share we ordered. Once we got the smaller porterhouse we were quite relieved we didn't order the bigger one as we'd have taken most of it home. He took very long to come back and check on us in the beginning, though he did do good pours of wine for the wife. We also didn't get any bread nor were offered any. He even asked us if it was our first time dining there which we told him it had been. I had to mention this to the people at the front out as we were leaving quite displeased. I only asked them about the bread and mentioned the length of time it took to get our first drinks. I just feel that coming to a place like this one should expect and get reasonable service. He tried to chat us up a bit towards the end as he probably noticed we were peed off but by then it was too late. He mentioned how busy it was the night before for New Years Eve and have been a little burnt out but don't take it out on your customers. I would have loved to save myself a lot of money and had a much better experience elsewhere. I still tipped him around 15% as I got friends in the service industry and don't prefer to stiff anyone in the business.