All reviews happy hour cookies and milk managers reception free shuttle french doors hotel shuttle balcony overlooking the pool separate sitting area free breakfast refrigerator and microwave spring training pretzels ceiling fan yogurt shuttle service two queen beds mile radius
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Went into the old town and boy we were not disappointed just wish we had gone earlier in the holiday went into tunes bar a great bar run by ziggy great beer selection great music selection very nice very friendly

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2017

The location of this hotel is great; there are plenty of good restaurants nearby, and it is a perfect location for spring training baseball fans. They have a pleasant evening reception during the week and the breakfast is also good. Every time I've stayed here, the staff has been very helpful and welcoming. Melissa has always had a great ability to make her guests feel welcome. She has a great personality and attention to detail, and it is that kind of attitude that makes this Holiday Inn Express one of the best!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2017

This hotel offers cleanliness and comfort. Nice room, good sized bathroom, with fluffy towels, soft bedding and bright lighting (why do so many hotels have such dull and dreary lighting these day and age when LEDs are available).
Good location within walking distance of all downtown bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 73GP
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel is ok but accommodating motorcycles is a bit unnerving. I'm sure Scottsdale is a more upscale area to be in but be warned you are not allowed to park your bikes near the entrance of the hotel for safety reasons. In 20 years of staying in hotels this is the first time I was told I cannot park my bike close to the entrance to give me peace of mind that it is being watched. Bike theft is a serious issue so I'm a person that wants to make sure my property is protected in domiciles I frequent. It's scary to me that this hotel posts signs that they are not responsible for theft or damage to vehicles on their property and have a security guard (cough, cough) walking the grounds for protection. They won't let me take precautions to protect my property but take my money anyway. Just another reason to rethink my hotel allegiance. Btw, the staybridge in Glendale had no problem with me parking my bike close to there entrance. Thumbs up to them!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
TeamConcord, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear kefltrvlr2, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and for being our guest. We take the safety and security of our guests and their personal items very seriously and hope that is reflected with the on site security we have patrolling our hotel and surrounding areas, it's an added feature our hotel offers to our valued guests. We appreciate your comments and have shared them with all of management to review our policies and make sure they benifit all our guests moving forward. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to the area.

Trisha Ryno

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn on several occasions over several years and each time I do, I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of service and value for money. The hotel isn't the most expensive or poshest hotel in the world, but it deliivers a top class product, by simply getting everything right. For instance, the pillow covers indicate the degree of firmness; bottle openers are provided; coutesy disposable ear pod are available for the fitness machine monitors; the rooms are well laid out, clean, and comfortable; and the staff are friendly and efficient. THe hotel is also well situated for local amenities and sights.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
TeamConcord, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear bamorgan87, we are so happy we got everything right on this trip and past. It's always a pleasure to welcome you back and it really is the best compliment. Our friendly staff looks forward to seeing you again soon and safe travels to you! Thanks again for being our guest.

Regards,