We have stayed at this hotel probably a dozen times in the past three years - my husband probably more like three dozen times as he's up there almost monthly for work. We almost always have a superb experience. The staff is friendly (and some of them have been around a long time, which adds to the experience, they remember the repeat-visitors), the facility is clean, and the special extras they do for their customers are out of this world. Happy hour involves snacks and beer, wine, or pop (free). They have a movie theater-style popcorn maker, available at least during happy hour and I think beyond as well. Cookies are put out in the evenings, with milk, and lemonade, iced tea, and coffee are available most of the day (coffee 24 hours, I think). The breakfast is typical HIE fare, which is pretty decent - hot items, good variety of cereal, yogurt, etc. They've done some renovations - the room ones can be inconvenient. Namely, they took out the bar sink in the suite living area and moved the coffee maker to that counter. Our room this past weekend had an electrical outlet there, but last month the room in which my husband stayed did not have one, he was cranky about having to find somewhere else to put the coffee maker (and there's nowhere else particularly convenient). The breakfast area downstairs has made more seating available, which I guess they needed, but it was at some expense of comfort, now it feels quite crowded. In the past we've seen annoyances like the hot and cold pipes were connected backwards to the sink and it took about a day to figure that out. Sometimes the room keys randomly stop working, so you have to get them reissued (although that has been better lately). At the end of the day, though, you get a heck of a bang for your buck staying here. The pool area is a wonderful, clean area with lounge chairs for getting some sun. The beds are comfortable, TV's are HD, internet connection is a good one, and the hotel is in a good location. I've stayed there the night before a plane trip and it's an easy shot to the airport, not to mention close to downtown Scottsdale, Tempe, etc. etc. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in a heartbeat, and it is our hotel of choice when staying in Phoenix!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep in the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale is a lovely oasis that offers the excitement and attractions of a busy metropolis, as well as the quiet and laid-back atmosphere of a Western town. The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Scottsdale offers easy access to the area's attractions and lovely desert landscape. Corporate travelers appreciate that our modern facilities include a well-equipped Business Center, as well as an 875-sq-ft event room. The hotel's location in Scottsdale, Arizona places guests near such area businesses as Scottsdale Healthcare, General Dynamics, Boeing and Greenbaum Surgery Center. We suggest that you take the time to explore the nearby, beautiful Desert Botanical Garden. After spending the morning at the garden, head over to the Phoenix Zoo for a fun-filled afternoon. If you're in the mood to go shopping, you can check out Old Town Scottsdale or Fashion Square Mall. While visiting, be sure to check the schedules at Scottsdale Stadium and WestWorld to see what events are in town. Our complimentary, hot breakfast ensures that you start your day off the right way with a hearty meal. We provide free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access throughout the hotel's facility, and the Scottsdale, Arizona area is easily accessible with our free shuttle. We look forward to welcoming you to the all-suite Holiday Inn Express® Scottsdale hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Scottsdale - Old Town Arizona