All reviews two bedroom suite full kitchen fry's supermarket easy access to highway grocery store across the street the maintenance guy front desk check in was smooth thin walls continental breakfast living area bed was comfortable stayed nights nice hotel stay there again clean rooms mayo clinic
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Breakfast is included. If this is a good location for you and you just need a place to stay this is perfect. Bed is comfortable. Pool is on the parking lot so not very interesting. This isn’t a resort but a decent place to sleep.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here based on price and location to meetings. The location was convenient to highway, restaurants, grocery stores and easy to get in and out. The lobby is a bit hidden and the problems started when I checked in. I had to wait in line while two employees checked in one person at a time. When it was my turn, a man walked in very frustrated because his key cards did not work. He stepped right around me and the staff took several minutes to reprogram his keys. They thanked me for my patience but to assist him before me was not acceptable.

Rooms are extremely simple and sparse. There was a floral scent in the room which bothered me a bit but it appeared clean. The toiletries in the shower are pump bottles and not individual size.

Having a functional kitchen was convenient but with many other great hotel options, I will be staying somewhere else next time.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2018

The staff was friendly, the rooms were okay, but dated and slightly grubby from age. The breakfasts were good, but limited in that there wasn't a lot of variety from day to day. The card key system was terrible. Doors were secured into buildings but you needed to swipe your card at a minimum of 5 times before it would respond in some way. I had to get keys rekeyed every other day. Doors to rooms were slightly better. Walls are thin and sounds were available overhead and to the sides.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank royalkathi
Pedro P, Supervisor at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites Scottsdale, and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority, and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team, to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to provide an improved overall guest experience in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback, and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Scottsdale.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

The staff is very nice and accomodation. They were trying to hard. I don't envy them their job. They were able to get be into a room last minute and tried very hard to find a handicapped room for my 95 year old father who can't step into a shower. The handicapped rooms were all booked, but they moved him to a room with handles in the tub. Since this is one of the hotels that serve the Laser Spine Center, maybe updating the worn rooms into walk-in showers would be helpful.

MY room was fine. The bed was a bit soft for my taste, but comfortable nonetheless. The pillows were comfy. I slept fine. The room was quiet.

The maid didn't wash the dishes that were in the kitchen sink. Nor did she replace the bottled water.

The lobby is very worn and outdated. The breakfast was sparse, but fine. I find it odd though, that if you want water or coffee you have to walk all the way back into the lobby to get some.

However, I will NEVER stay here again soley because the locks never worked! The staff all knew it was a problem and said they called the maintenance guy. But, it seems that this has been an issue for some time. And it wasn't just a problem I was having. I spoke to every guest I saw and asked if they were having difficulties getting into 1) the building, 2) their room. Every single person said "YES!"

For safelty reasons, the doors to the buildings are locked and you need a key to access them. But, we had to prop the door open so we could get in. Not so safe, I'm thinking. My keys worked once. After that, I had to get them re-keyed. I was staying on the 3rd floor, so having to walk all the way down the stairs (because the elevator was so slow) and traipse over to the office every single time I wanted to get in, was a BIT of a problem.

FIX THE FREAKING LOCKS!

I am very disappointed that this Marriott hotel has fallen into such disrepair. This is not the usual quality of Marriott.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BigAl_inCR
Pedro P, Supervisor at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We had a two-bedroom suite. Unlike many suites today, this actually had two separate sleeping rooms. It was nice-sized but on bedroom was small and sparsely appointed. Kitchen and living area were nice, as was the second bedroom. The furniture was somewhat worn. Overall. The public areas were a little dirty. Exercise room was sparse, but had good equipment.

Breakfast was predictable and lacked much variety.

The really good feature about this hotel was the people. Without exception, they were friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Pedro P, Supervisor at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team at TownePlace Suites Scottsdale, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team, to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations.

As a valued guest, we thank you for choosing us to accommodate you during your travels. We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!