“Worked well for convention”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale
Ranked #29 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Attended a medium-sized convention here in March and was pleased with everything. I was slightly upgraded in my room, which was well done and rather large, including a balcony, also nice to be able to open a window or door for fresh air. The restaurant was good and also the bar, which had wonderful seating. Would recommend for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you for being with us and for this very positive review of our resort and staff. All our 378 guest rooms are larger than most and each has it's own private patio, with many overlooking our beautifully landscaped courtyard or one of our two large pools. We do hope that you will able to return again to sunny Scottsdale and spend more time enjoying our resort and the immedate area around us that offers so many choices of shopping, food and fun.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Just returned from a one night stay on a business trip. There are some nice things to say about the Doubletree but there were also a few drawbacks. For a Scottsdale resort it doesn't quite match up to some of it's more glitzy and more expensive neighbors.
First , on arriving at 1 I was told my room wouldn't be ready until 4 and the young lady at the front desk seemed to have a bit of attitude when I pushed on it a little. When I did get checked in, she turned her back with my room key in her hand and sneezed all over it. I get it that people sneeze but it was not ideal. The room I was assigned was on the 2nd floor and while it was comfortable overall, it wasn't the cleanest room I've stayed in. There was no shampoo in the bathroom so I tracked down the housekeeper and she told me she was out of shampoo. She did however come back later and bring me one .
The public areas have Wifi but the rooms have only a a hard line- so no I-pad use in room. The gym was very nice. Maybe the highlight for this hotel.
The biggest negative for me was that the hallways have a serious echo effect so it is noisy. I was woken up at 5 am by a loud conversation near the elevators which echoed right through my door.
On checkout the staff was very nice and helpful so I think my checkin experience may have been an anomaly but first impressions matter.
Very doubtful that I'd pick this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask to be far from elevators or stairs
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for being with us and for this feedback about your stay at our resort. Positive first impressions are vital and I apologize that yours wasn't at checkin. With March being our busiest month of the year, we are continually running full and have a greater challenge in accommodating early checkins but the front desk should enhance this experience, not make it worse with any attitude. We will reiterate it to all. We are in the process of finalizing installation of wireless access in all guest rooms and throughout the resort, as we know that many have a close connection to their ipads. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to do better and that you can visit our area for a longer period of time, as our resort location puts you in the heart of Scottsdale and all the shopping, dining, entertainment and fun that awaits.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Recently attended my fourth conference/trade show at this hotel. The rooms are clean, spacious, and tastefully decorated. We had a room overlooking the main pool, yet the nights were quiet. The staff was efficient and friendly, the health club contained up to date equipment.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are nice, or those in the "stand alone" buildings.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you for selecting our resort for your conferences and for the many compliments in your review. All our guest rooms have their own patio decks, a great way to enjoy the sun and warmth in the winter here in Scottsdale, especially if it overlooks one of our two refreshing pools. Even though you are in the heart of Scottsdale, close to all the shopping, restaurants, bars and attractions in the area, our resort is a calm, peaceful oasis where you can relax and focus on conference goals during the day and enjoy all our area has to offer during free time. Hope to see you and your conference again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed at this resort in March 2012 for two nights for a conference. It's a nice campus and the room was nice and relatively spacious.

I was shocked to discover there was no guest WiFi in the rooms, leaving my iPad in the cold and tethering my laptop to desk with their DSL modem. I could see some wireless networks from my laptop but when I called I was told they were for conferences and that guests could not use them. For 2012, the lack of ready-accessible guest WiFi is an intolerable sin. It definitely cut into my ability to work and plan for the rest of my trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you for being with us and for this feedback on your stay. We are working hard and have submitted all the necessary agreements to finally bring wireless HSIA to our resort. Due to the layout and configuration of our property, it is a complicated and very expensive project but it is moving forward with completion in the months ahead. We are pleased that the rest of your stay went well and do hope that you will come back again once we have this project completed. We understand the urgency and that we need to get up to speed as quickly as possible despite the many challenges.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed here - my husband,myself and 3 year old daughter.We were greeted at reception with warm cookies.The room was spacious and clean.Disappointed with the toilet-the water pressure from the shower was weak and the water in the sink and bath was clogging up-the plumber came twice.
The gardens were beautiful and nice to take a walk through. During our stay the occupancy was v low and the place seemed eerily quiet.
The lady who came to clean the room could hardly speak English and we had great trouble communicating with her.I expected a better overrall experience from this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for being with us and for your feedback in this review. Obviously, we want to be more than just OK, but greatness has to be earned every guest, every day. We will follow up with our engineering department on the bathroom issues and address immediately. I was surprised that our resort felt so empty this time of year, as we are in the middle of our peak winter season and have been very busy for weeks, unless your review is from a stay further back. One of the nice features about our resort is that even when we are busy, it does not feel like it due to the property being spread over 22 acreas with all the calming courtyard and landscaping. I do hope that you will return to Scottsdale, to further enjoy all the sun, shopping and fun available in our immediate area, and when you do , that you will give us another opportunity to be great.