“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I usually get the Happy Hour Taquitos and they have been good enough to order a few times, but the last time they were so oily that I had to send them back. The replacement order was no better. This hasn't happened on my previous visits there. I did like the tortilla bowl and guacomole. Perhaps I was spoiled by Taquitos I recently had in Carlsbad, CA.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We went going by the reviews, it's obvious the people posting good reviews have never tasted good Mexican authentic food. The service was horrible, the food tasted like crap and the people next to us were also complaining about their food and got the cops called on them. The fajita burger is a regular cheese burger with bacon, the meat was gray. My husband got a carne sebrada chimichanga which was salty and dry, the rice was hard like they over heated it and beans were mush. It was disguisting NEVER AGAIN. And at the begining I was so annoyed about the lound neighbors complaining about their food at the end I agreed with them 100%

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised with Manuel's. After spending the week eating at so many overpriced, underwhelming spots in Scottsdale, Manuel's feels like you're at a restaurant in actual Mexico.

The chips and salsa we're perfect. I ordered the enchilada trio with the red and green chilies. The middle enchilada had a white creamy sauce on it and had spinach inside. It was absolutely delicious. I let my husband taste all of it and he felt that I had out ordered him! He had an enchilada and taco combo. My son, who is six years old, had the taco trio for kids off their menu. He absolutely loved it.

There was a cute band playing on the bar side so we had a bit of a family dance before and after dinner. Made the evening feel very special.

Dessert included the flan, which was not at all rubbery, and the sopapillas. The price was reasonable and the service was speedy and friendly.

Next time we're in town we will definitely go back to Manuel's!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Food here is mediocre. Chicken is canned, shredded, unseasoned. Server coughed while he carried trays for another table. Really! Better Mexican restaurants are needed in this area.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Manuel's serves reasonably-priced, delicious Mexican cuisine. The servers are pleasant and the food delivery is prompt. We have been going here of 15 years and have never had a bad meal. The salsa is homemade and flavorful. Hard to resist on the chips and on the meal. The is a separate room with a bar and a band and dancing. Good fun. Good place for Mexican food that will make you happy.