“This trip did not disappoint. Hiking the Grand Canyon should be on your bucket list. Really impressive.”

Just Roughin' It Adventure Company
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Just Roughin' It Adventure Company offers guiding hiking trips and backpacking tours in the western United States. We specialize in backpacking trips for the adventurer looking to do more and see more. Or, visit our retail location for guidance on the best places to hike, camp or just explore in Grand Canyon, Havasupai, Yosemite or all the other amazing places in the great outdoors! We have been featured on Discovery Channel, ABC, Outside Magazine, National Geographic, US News and World Report, just to name a few. Contact us and get ready for some dirty fun!
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed this hiking trip. Having dinner on the Plateau Point was the highlight. The most incredible view I've ever seen. Crystal was a very attentive guide - kind, sensitive and helpful, and very pleasant to be around. With the exception of our tent zipper, the equipment was in very good condition. No matter how careful we were about zipping, it would split. It took three of us at least 20 minutes (on separate occasions) to close the tent door. This became even more frustrating if you needed to leave the tent to get something or go to the bathroom. Other than than that, I found the tents, bags and backpacks to be very clean and in good shape.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"blisters"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2011

My wife and I completed a 4 day-3 night South Kaibab to Bright Angel Trail over March 30 - April 2 and found it to be a truly amazing experience. Our guide Larry was extremely helpful, making sure that everyone stayed safe and offering whatever help was needed. I personally started off the trip not feeling well and he was noticeably attentive to my physical condition to make sure I stayed hydrated and as well fueled as possible. We made it down and after a good night's sleep on the comfortable mattress and sleeping bag I was able to enjoy the indescribable beauty and vastness of the canyon the remainder of the trip. The food was plentiful and tasty and having all of the gear provided was priceless. The only problem we had was that the tent zipper was very touchy and often frustrating, but once again Larry was always there to lend a hand.
The company's ample advice on training and preparation was excellent and they were always happy to answer any questions we had before the trip to make sure we were comfortable. This was our first backpacking adventure and they made it as smooth as I could have possibly hoped.

Reviewed 31 March 2011

Our guides were the best ever! Fun, knowledgeable, and, most important, really easygoing. We had a great time - the trip started at 9AM and ended around 1PM. We thought it was a great value and would recommend to anyone. Just don't forget your sunscreen!

Reviewed 26 March 2011

The Grand Canyon is a natural wonder to be savoured. It was a real privilege to go down the Hermit Trail for 4 days with 4 other hikers and our guide. We were well cared for and I felt safe doing a journey that at times definitely challenged me. It was well worth it!!!

2  Thank beemerrybee