“Odd service ”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Scottsdale Road
Description: Not since college have herbs been so popular - catering | eatery | market - Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant hoping for a traditional brunch. We asked the less than enthusiastic staff at the desk if they served brunch. They reluctantly said yes. There was no real brunch which is traditionally served as a buffet. They had breakfast or lunch available. I ordered a pork ciabatta sandwich and my wife ordered a salmon BLT. They brought out 2 meals that were not what we ordered. We sent them back and let the server know. He said he knew what happened and would take care of it. Quite some time later they came back with the correct meal for my wife but mine was still wrong. It was the same wrong dish they previously brought out. I agreed to eat it since we had already waited so long. It was egg with pork in a bowl. The waiter said it was “the same thing, just no bread”. I felt that was a bit odd. When the bill arrived I was charged full price for the dish I didn’t order. I just expected some type of compensation. I suppose I could have asked, I just felt that shouldn’t have been necessary. The wrong dish was good, but not what I ordered.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

The ambiance was lovely. The menu was interesting, but, not a lot that I would want to eat. Decided on salmon over blackened quinoa and it was good. The disappointment was with the restaurant being out of 3 out of 4 things that we ordered, including beers and wines. This was a Tuesday evening. When they brought coffee at the end of the meal it was ice cold. Just didn't get the impression there was a lot of quality control or good management. I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank cheiman2018
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Enjoyed having breakfast on the patio a few days ago and service couldn't have been friendlier, food more tasty and ambiance very pleasant. I had the regular bacon and eggs with toast along with a sweet potato muffin the 4 of us shared. My husband had the same and our friends chose egg BLT's that they loved. Stephen was our waiter and very attentive to our group.......this is a great choice when in the area.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

One of my wife's favorites! Nice, casual, upscale atmosphere. Unique menu choices. Waiter was one of the best. Very knowledgeable and had good advice. My wife had the Thai ribs which she said were out of this world!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Came for dinner on a chilly night, so sat inside. We were seated promptly. Server was attentive but not overly so. Shared the flatbread with goat cheese and arugula appetizer-delicious. Had the trout entree -also delicious. Husband had some sort of shrimp “bowl” with avocado and quinoa (I think). Just ok. Prices were reasonable considering it’s in a touristy area on the canal.

Date of visit: February 2018