2,267 results
All reviews pinnacle peak plunge pool proof restaurant residence club onyx bar saguaro blossom kids for all seasons talavera restaurant deluxe casita outdoor shower desert landscape frozen grapes casual restaurant pool staff gas fireplace walk in closet golf cart
Reviewed 26 November 2016

I was just kicking back this day after Thanksgiving, reminiscing a bit, and the Four Seasons at Troon North popped in my head and it put a smile on my face. And then I kicked myself and thought "why haven't you gotten back over there?!".

I first visited this wonderful resort the year after a terrible stay at the Phoenician. My wife and I had gone there for our 25th wedding anniversary and had a horrendous time. The only reason we didn't stay at the Four Seasons at the time was we were attending the NCAA Sweet 16 basketball championship, and the proximity of the resort to the stadium was a bit far. In any event, we made it a point to stay here on our next trip and we have never looked back. I simply love everything about this resort. Please keep in mind, it is a destination resort. We rent a car when we visit and will sometimes venture out to watch a movie, or perhaps try a different cuisine than what is offered at the resort. We have been to the resort 3x and have always had a memorable experience. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are gorgeous, the environment is relaxing, and the views of the mountains are stunning. I love starting my day at their gym followed by a delicious Southwestern style breakfast. A client of mine oversees the Four Seasons in San Francisco (Sean), and he put a call in the last time we stayed there and they had a basket of fruit and some cheese for us in our room when we arrived (so sweet of you guys)

So, I'm going to share a secret with the members here (and I told myself I would keep it to myself because I really didn't want to screw up our perfect situation, but here you go)....

We are a Middle Class family and this is a Four Seasons, so yes, it can be pricey during peak seasons. On our budget, that can be a bit challenging. So my wife and I typically go at the hottest time of summer (the last few times we went there it was between 115 and 118). All the hotels have the best prices then because who would be crazy enough to vacation in Scottsdale at this time. So we end up getting an incredible room at a very reasonable price. But I'm sure you're thinking "yeah, but you'll be stuck in the room all day because it's too hot to go out". Not so fast my furry feathered friend! Here's the secret. The cabanas at the Four Seasons are free on a first come, first serve basis (and it's never been a problem getting one during the time we go). So we have a nice breakfast, go to the pool, grab a cabana, and kick back and read in our nice, shaded, climate controlled area (usually around 70 degrees with the misters). Their staff keeps your water pitcher full and periodically come by with little smoothies and other things. It is by far my most relaxing vacation of the year. When it cools down in the evening to 90. we will often venture out with some light clothing and it's perfect. Hopefully they haven't changed their policies on the cabana because that alone is worth the price of admission (I don't know of any other resort that offer that nicety).

Anyway, let me just say thank you and extend holiday greetings to the management and staff at the Four Seasons. Thank you so much for doing such a great job of taking care of us, each and every time we have visited your resort. The excellent service has not gone unnoticed.

P.S. It's been more than 12 months but I put July 2016 (even though that's not the correct year as it's been over a year since we've stayed there)

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Marc B, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor.

It made my day knowing you were thinking of our resort after one year of your visit with us. Your gracious comments are truly appreciated. Stories like yours are heard often as all of our staff try to go above and beyond for our guests.
I will be sure to share your review with the entire team.

Again, I thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon and often.

Happy Holidays,

Marc Bromley

Reviewed 21 November 2016

It you want somethign remote and have no desire to leave the property this is fine. The service is vey good and food excellent. The rooms are very comfortable ....The only thing is that if you someone who does not like to remian on property it is far out. However if you want a few days to relax and not leave it is recommended.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2016

Absolutely loved my weekend at the Four Seasons, Troon North! A beautiful property with a couple of different pools to choose from - all were lovely. I was so impressed and relaxed I didn't want to leave the hotel. We ate almost every meal at one of the many different restaurants (and enjoyed happy hour cocktails on the deck while live music played and watched the sun go down - amazing view!). We ate lunch by the pool everyday where staff were super attentive, if it wasn't refilling pitchers with fresh, ice cold water, offering cold towels when temperatures peaked, refilling drinks before you could even think to ask, offering samples of various smoothies, setting up your lounger, fixing your umbrella .... the list goes on! The staff is well trained in high end customer service, who would want to leave? We received maid service twice daily which was a treat. The resort is a 1km walk to the hiking trail Pinnacle Peak which was a perfect morning hike with stunning views of Scottsdale. As always I must comment on the beds and bedding .... to. die. for. We also had a small patio area off our room with furniture, a perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee and a book.

If you seek relaxation, attentive staff amongst amazing desert landscaping this is your place!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2016

Last weekend I stayed here to celebrate a family birthday. The setting is nice, nestled in the desert near a mountain and quite removed from Phoenix/Scottsdale (literally 30 mins to get to the heart of Scottsdale so this is a plus in terms of ambience at the property but a minus if you want to go to town a lot). The rooms are quite tired however, with all of us who stayed there thinking "huh?" when we went into our rooms and saw the dated decor and furniture. The hotel was built in 1999 and it seems pretty clear the rooms haven't been touched since then. Also, the hotel hosted a massive fundraiser/party on Friday night of our stay that literally closed off the entire main bar / terrace / lobby / restaurant area to hotel guests. We were only here for 2 nights and Friday night was our evening of staying at the hotel for dinner and we were not even permitted on the main area of the property. I could not believe we had not been notified about this in advance (or at least day of!).. we would have switched our evening plans to stay at the hotel for dinner on Saturday had they bothered to mention this. Overall I found this hotel not up to the standards I am used to at Four Seasons hotels having stayed at many other properties.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jpcata
Marc B, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide us with your feedback.

I regret that you did not care for the décor of our guestrooms. We certainly will take your comments into consideration. I apologize that you were not informed of our event the day of your arrival. I have addressed with the staff proper check-in information to our guests and to ensure this is not repeated.

We look forward to your return to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale or any future Four Seasons Worldwide.

Regards,

Marc Bromley

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Great service! Great resort. We stayed in a 2-bedroom residence. Nice and spacious. We have been here several times and love it here. We are always impressed with the service. Can't say enough good things regarding the staff. Love all the rooms by the pool area. Easy access. Higher floor has good views of mountains. It is a luxury resort. We stayed one week. The kids loved the frozen ice cream & fruits by the pool. Traveled in August 2015.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family